View topic image gallery

20190826_193548 (resized).jpg
20190826_193611 (resized).jpg
SH spinner (resized).jpg
20190809_153801 (resized).jpg
AX 1 (resized).jpg
image-6 (resized).jpg
Ball unit (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jasonspoint28.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 4 years ago

Hey FP, if you check around line 13 of the schematic, you should find the “add ball count unit” coil. That activates with a motor 1a switch when the AX relay is activated. Line 14 has your “AX Reset” coil. I would start with checking the long line of switches that need to close to activate the AX reset.

#8 4 years ago

Or possibly check the adjustment of the AX assembly. My Sky Jump gave me fits with this.

#13 4 years ago

I would think that the switches in AX and motor 1A are good because the ball count coil is firing. My guess would be that you need to get AX reset to energize to stop the ball count from firing. Can you manually reset it to see if the problem goes away? Good luck.

#15 4 years ago

Ok, also, how about the contacts at the 6 position at the ball count unit with wires BR-WH-RD and OR-WH-RD? Is the disk positioned correctly to make contact?

#19 4 years ago

Right on Rolf! Thanks for the safety reminder. I troubleshoot live circuits quite frequently at my job, so I am fairly comfortable with having my machines on when I work on them. I sometimes forget that most others don’t do that type of work for a living and may not be aware of the dangers that are present. Good looking out!

#30 4 years ago

Your pin has issues man. Glad you are making progress though.

#34 4 years ago

The only slow blow I see on the schematics is the 5 amp before the on/off switch. I assume the rest are standard.

#36 4 years ago

When I disassembled my Ship Ahoy playfield I lost a small lock washer. Wasn’t a huge deal. When I put the game back together, I kept blowing a GI fuse. Eventually I found the problem, the lock washer had fallen into a lamp holder socket and created a dead short. Probably not your problem, you never know.

1 week later
#39 4 years ago

Thanks for the update, I like hearing that things are getting figured out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jasonspoint28.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ship-ahoy-troubleshooting-thread?tu=jasonspoint28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.