• 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by AlexF
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AlexF.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 3 years ago

I am also currently working on a Ship Ahoy and had a similar startup problem and discovered a couple disconnected wires on my AX relay. After reconnecting them and cleaning/inspecting all relay switches, the AX still needed some adjustment. These short throw, make/break relays can often be a bit fussy.

Still a few things I need to fine tune on mine yet. Mine awards Wows for hitting the right rollover sequences but not on score. My score pins are in the correct slots in the backbox. Anyone know if this is tied to a relay adjustment? I have the schematic but haven't looked yet, I've never been that proficient with them. I'm sure I will find it with a little studying but if I can fast track it...

Maybe it's the score reels. Still haven't gone through them. I hate working on Decagons.

#10 3 years ago

Neat stuff Todd. I always enjoy these nostalgic pinball stories.

I guess it's possible this could be one of those that you played? Although there are quite a few in Wisconsin obviously and I bought it in Janesville. The guy I got it from didn't get it new but had it since he was a bachelor apparently. Maybe he won it? That would be something. He was on his second marriage and always had this game. Surprised he let it go but once they quit working you know anything can happen. I don't know how long it had sat in his garage. It's in pretty nice condition but would have been really nice if it had spent it's entire life in temperature controlled storage.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AlexF.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ship-ahoy-game-reset-?tu=AlexF and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.