Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Monk
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

So with PBL being out where can I get some that won't get magnetized !?

#2 7 years ago

Steel ball bearings that don't magnetize???Me 2,I wanna know where!!??

#3 7 years ago

Titan Pinball has some mirror polished balls at a fair price.

#4 7 years ago

Pinbits has some REALLY nice and shiny balls. When I shop my games I tend to put those ones in

#5 7 years ago

I have been using Bctrade's pinballs and the shine has been amazing on the carbon steel balls.

ebay.com link: usr

#6 7 years ago

how do the marco specialties standard balls compare for shine?

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from maddog14:

how do the marco specialties standard balls compare for shine?

They're "meh." Compared to a mirror ball, they look like they've been used already. I tend to use standard shine balls in my newer games where the gameplay is faster and the displays have animations along with distracting flashlamps, so less time is spent looking at the ball. I tend to use mirror finish balls in my EMs, as the slower gameplay affords the player more time to look at the ball.

#8 7 years ago

I have pretty good results by running std balls thru my Berry polisher for 24 hours. Puts a pretty nice shine on them.

#9 7 years ago

Cool I found some PBL ones I had from a while back forgot about by magnetic I mean retain magnetism !

1 week later
    #10 7 years ago

Looks like the pinball life pinballs are back in stock!

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from bhwolf:

Thanks for the heads up bhwolf. I thought I would stock up this time and bought 25. Shipping is a killer so I am biting the bullet in bulk. Hopefully this doesn't cause a "run" on the ooohhh_shiiiiny's!

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from Chet:

I have pretty good results by running std balls thru my Berry polisher for 24 hours. Puts a pretty nice shine on them.

Does that really "polish" them? Or just rub off the scratches? Would that remove some of the smooth mirror finish that was not scratched? Just trying to understand what really happens with those. Seems like we want a smooth and polished surface. Someone I know swears by using a special wax just for the pinballs and replaces the balls each year. I don't remember what wax it was, but has claimed to have many arguments with people on the subject about it. He has a phd in engineering with a metallurgical concentration. I just want to understand this topic. Maybe I'll stir the pot again with him and get more info.

#13 7 years ago

Christmas miracle. Bought 10!!!

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from OilGuy:

Thanks for the heads up bhwolf. I thought I would stock up this time and bought 25. Shipping is a killer so I am biting the bullet in bulk. Hopefully this doesn't cause a "run" on the ooohhh_shiiiiny's!

I'm starting the run on them - just bought 100

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from bhwolf:

Ordered! Thanks for the heads up.

#16 7 years ago

50 coming my way.

6 months later
    #17 6 years ago

Seems PBL is out of ooooo so shiny again, looking to replace the balls in a few NIB pins I'm cracking open, anyone got any recommendations for balls that would be superior to the Stern factory balls and comparable in quality to PBL oh so shiny that people always raved about.

How do titans compare? Their mirror balls come with a magnet warning though and most my games have magnets.

#18 6 years ago

PBL will get more, they always do.

Titans have been excellent when I have bought them.

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

PBL will get more, they always do.
    Titans have been excellent when I have bought them.

Thanks Vid

Have you used the Titans in any games with magnets? If so how have you found them with regards to becoming magnetised?

#20 6 years ago

Don't use chrome steel balls in games with magnets.

I've been using Bctrade on eBay. Carbon steel balls for my machines with magnets. Never any problems and the finish is awesome.

ebay.com link: Twelve 1 1 16 Mirror Finish Carbon Steel Replacement Pinball Machine Pinballs

ebay.com link: 25 1 1 16 Inch Mirror Finish Carbon Steel Replacement Pinball Machine Pinballs

1 month later
    #21 6 years ago

Is there an update on the PBL shiny pinballs? I thought that I read somewhere they would not be getting these anymore as the quality was not up to PBL standards. Has this changed and will they be available at some point in the future?

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Thanks Vid
    Have you used the Titans in any games with magnets? If so how have you found them with regards to becoming magnetised?

Don't buy super shinny ones from Titan. They will magnetize. I bought like 30 balls and they all magnetized. I have a batch of their regular balls coming. We shall see. Marcos regular balls work fine too.

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from Monk:

Is there an update on the PBL shiny pinballs? I thought that I read somewhere they would not be getting these anymore as the quality was not up to PBL standards. Has this changed and will they be available at some point in the future?

If you are talking about months ago, yes they apparently solved the issue and became back in stock again. No idea why they are currently out of stock, maybe just waiting on more from their supplier.

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

If you are talking about months ago, yes they apparently solved the issue and became back in stock again. No idea why they are currently out of stock, maybe just waiting on more from their supplier.

Well then I will wait and hopefully catch them on the day they have them in stock. I have been looking for them at PBL for a while. Apparently I just missed them.

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from Monk:

Well then I will wait and hopefully catch them on the day they have them in stock. I have been looking for them at PBL for a while. Apparently I just missed them.

It's because every time they get some I buy 100 because I am a hoarder and I LOVE those super shiney's and when they are out of stock I worry they wont get more so when they do I buy 100 just because and I have sooooo many but how many super shiney's is too many I don't think it's possible to have too many

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Seems PBL is out of ooooo so shiny again, looking to replace the balls in a few NIB pins I'm cracking open, anyone got any recommendations for balls that would be superior to the Stern factory balls and comparable in quality to PBL oh so shiny that people always raved about.
    How do titans compare? Their mirror balls come with a magnet warning though and most my games have magnets.

The balls that came with my AS actually looked really good and have held up really well. Maybe Stern is sending out better balls than they used to?

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

It's because every time they get some I buy 100 because I am a hoarder and I LOVE those super shiney's and when they are out of stock I worry they wont get more so when they do I buy 100 just because and I have sooooo many but how many super shiney's is too many I don't think it's possible to have too many

So YOU'RE the problem.

#28 6 years ago

Shiny Pinballs have become the .22 ammunition of the Pinball Community!

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_M:

Shiny Pinballs have become the .22 ammunition of the Pinball Community!

More like 9mm . . . couldn't buy anywhere for what seemed like a year, then they came back at 2x the price.

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

Geez man. I'm looking to buy 4. Well maybe 9. Then again 12 will cover all the machines. I better double that just so I have extras. Okay, I get it. I'll take 100.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shiny-pinballs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.