• Latest reply 8 years ago by Stu
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

badcatspf002.jpg
#1 8 years ago

My BC has a new CPR playfield, but the window over the seafood wheel has a section that's lower than the PF causing the ball to jump around. Does anyone know where I can get whatever they used under the window? Mine might be squished or something. I'm guessing it's just some type of foam that's fitted for the window?

#2 8 years ago

I believe we used small Foam Washers, so that they could be Tightened/Loosened as need for a perfect level between the Playfield & the Plastic Window. If your washers are "crushed" the best thing to do is remove the window and let sit for a few days to allow the Foam Washers to resume their original thickness (expand), then re-install the window to the correct height. If this does not work then you can buy new foam washers at any Home Depot/Lowes/ACE Harware......

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

so that they could be Tightened/Loosened as need for a perfect level between the Playfield & the Plastic Window.

Thanks Stu. I loosened mine, but I didn't let them sit. I'm looking around on the Home Depot website and can't seem to find anything made out of foam, just rubber and steel.

#4 8 years ago

Based on this picture I found on the CPR website, it looks like it's a one piece foam gasket. It looks the same on mine, but I didn't remove the window to inspect it.

badcatspf002.jpgbadcatspf002.jpg

#5 8 years ago

Nope, What you are seeing is the Black Ink on the Underside of the Window....

Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

it looks like it's a one piece foam gasket

Don't be afraid to remove the window as it is mounted with T-Nuts, it's not screwed directly into the wood so there is no chance of stripping out any wood holes.....

#6 8 years ago

Awesome. I was afraid to remove it for fear of doing any damage. I'll pull it tonight and take a look.

Wonderful job on the artwork by the way. Everyone that plays it comments on how beautiful it looks.

#7 8 years ago

You can use the sponge rubber washers that PBR sells: http://www.pbresource.com/hauntedhouse.html

I used these on a Monte Carlo machine to raise and lower the window over the roulette wheel and they worked perfectly!

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

If your washers are "crushed" the best thing to do is remove the window and let sit for a few days to allow the Foam Washers to resume their original thickness (expand), then re-install the window to the correct height.

This worked perfectly. I pulled the window and let it sit for two days and then reinstalled. It's perfectly flat now. One of the T-nuts fell off, but I was able to get it back into place without pulling the seafood wheel.

#9 8 years ago

Nice, glad I could help......

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.99
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 49.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shimming-a-cpr-bc-playfield-window and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.