(Topic ID: 90679)

"Sheriff" or "Atlantis" in a small collection.

By Mercury

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by kangourou
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Sheriff or Atlantis”

(0 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3eaf8353430f1257db16699d3523aff9bce11baa.jpg
image-A19.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Wonder what you all think would be better in a small collection.

image-A19.jpgimage-A19.jpg
3eaf8353430f1257db16699d3523aff9bce11baa.jpg3eaf8353430f1257db16699d3523aff9bce11baa.jpg

#2 9 years ago

i vote atlantis...

- i'm partial to single player machines...

- imo, the artwork on atlantis in a different league... it is one of my favorites...

#3 9 years ago

I love my Atlantis, and will never let it go. If you get hold of a decent one, grab it and don't look back. It has great artwork, and the gameplay is much different then most games. It'll keep you interested for a very long time. I've played Sherriff a few times, and it's a good machine as well. Quick Draw might be a good substitute for Sherriff.... but of the two I'd go with Atlantis every time.

#4 9 years ago

That's the rare version with the half moon credit window/wheel. Most were produced with the more traditional single number credit window. (transition was right after this game)

#5 9 years ago

I would say Atlantis for sure

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

That's the rare version with the half moon credit window/wheel. Most were produced with the more traditional single number credit window. (transition was right after this game)

The half-moon credit version is shown on the flyer too. I think they were the sample game run.

#7 9 years ago

Ummm Atlantis. Not even a small doubt.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

The half-moon credit version is shown on the flyer too. I think they were the sample game run.

Yeah, I often wondered what do you do if you need a repro backglass for a sample "Atlantis"? You'd be out of luck.

#9 9 years ago

No question. Atlantis.

Mike O.

#10 9 years ago

The half moon credit unit was used on Sample games. If you install a repro glass, you would need to change the credit unit.

#11 9 years ago

I wonder if Atlantis with friends over competing would be as fun as Sheriff..No bonus but em ball times tend to be

short so players wouldn't have to wait long.

#12 9 years ago

I'd still get Atlantis. You can still have fun trying to get the highest score. You could set the game to 3-ball to make the games shorter. That's why it's always nice to have 3 or 4 pins when you get company.

#14 9 years ago

Atlantis is a well loved classic. With that said I kind of prefer the goofy Western art on Sheriff. And to play devil's advocate the only time I remember my daughters actually playing was when I had a 4 player (Monaco). It was a lot of fun, and they liked the competition more than they cared for pinball in general.

If I had to choose between the two, condition and price would be my main consideration.

#15 9 years ago

I have these two pins.

Atlantis or nothing !

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lincoln, MI
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sheriff-or-atlantis-in-a-small-collection and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.