1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by zarco
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

hey all.just wondering if anyone has bought plastics from shay and what they think of them.

Ted

#2 1 year ago

what game ?

#3 1 year ago

nova guy and i are planning on purchasing 3 game sets of plastics . we both need a set for our respective 1953 grand slams , he is wanting another set for his recently acquired southern belle and i have need for a set for my roto pool . it appears that pinball rescue doesn't have the southern bell set but im also wanting a set that pinball rescue has that shay doesn't(drop a card). i have bought two sets from shay prior and went looking for the shipping charges to maybe compare there but i guess i dont have the receipts still.

#4 1 year ago

I've bought a few backglasses from him and they're amazing.

#5 1 year ago

Shay's backglasses and plastics are high quality, but ask him first before you order something. He rarely updates his site and many of his items are out of stock.

#6 1 year ago

I ordered Tropic Isle plastics from him and they were really nice but they took forever to arrive

#7 1 year ago

Chris. Shays’ cheapest shipping is $21.50 but when I put 2 Grand Slams in the cart the shipping is the same price as it is for one

#8 1 year ago

I have ordered plastic sets from both sources. Both are high quality reproductions. I prefer Pinball Rescues if I have a choice of the two vendors. I prefer the protective film the Aussies use as compared to the protective covering Shay uses (sometimes it is almost impossible to remove even with heat). Lee and Gordon keep their web sight up to date whereas Shay's not so much. I am still waiting over a year for a set of Frontiersman plastics I ordered from Shay. I have tried several times to get a update to no avail ( I'm pretty sure they are still out of stock). Lee and Gordon state that this is a hobby for them so they only ship once a week, but they stick to their word. Every time I have ordered from Shay it requires at least to followups before he ships my product. I am by no means trying to bash Shay. His product is top notch and I will continue dealing with him. He is a great asset to this hobby. All I'm trying to say is that if you are in a hurry for your platics I would buy from Pinball Rescue, but either way you can't go wrong.

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from jsf24:

I am still waiting over a year for a set of Frontiersman plastics I ordered from Shay. I have tried several times to get a update to no avail

Frontiersman plastics are put of stock and have been for a very long time. Shay's site has them as "New! In stock!". Shay offered to have them re-printed but I would have to buy three backglasses. I do not need 3 backglasses. Pinball Rescue has Frontiersman plastics on their waiting list.

#10 1 year ago

I recently purchased a set of plastics for my 1957 Williams Kings game and they look great. It is a minor miracle to me that they were ever made for a game that nobody seems to discuss.

#11 1 year ago

have had some poor bglasses from shay. the one that comes to mind is sunshine. it was terrible. same with the plastics, have been stuffed about a few times.

never had an issue with pinball rescue and pity they still don't make backglasses.

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from fourstarstout:

Chris. Shays’ cheapest shipping is $21.50 but when I put 2 Grand Slams in the cart the shipping is the same price as it is for one

we decided to order them from shays Jon .. pinball rescue is out of roto pool plastics right now. i think the shipping came to 40 for the 4 sets. lets see if they are all in stock . ( i picked up a bg from pbr for that grand slam i picked up in quebec)

#13 1 year ago

Bought a plastic set for Turf Champ many years ago from Shay.
    Very expensive. It was incomplete and one had the wrong artwork.
    When questioned about the issues got a bunch of static about
    what a play field plastic is! Never bought from them again.

I suppose we should be grateful to have anyone making repros
    and it sounds like more attention has been paid to the details since.
    This is just one very old data point.
    Steve

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 7,395.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 22.00
    Hardware
    The MOD Couple
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    £ 39.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 4.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 9,099.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 27.99
    $ 89.99
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 218.00
    $ 6.50
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 1,200.00
    $ 29.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Bent Mods
    $ 9,099.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside