Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-263.jpg
image-408.jpg
image-94.jpg
image.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Incredible stuff. I wasn't able to find a comparison anywhere so I'd like to post for those who are curious but cautious with their money. I'm very pleased, obviously.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-94.jpgimage-94.jpg image-408.jpgimage-408.jpg image-263.jpgimage-263.jpg
#2 9 years ago

Thanks for the post. Looks good! Always wondered about the quality.

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from 5280wzrd:

It's already a reputable source so buy with confidence. I just wanted to post some comparisons for those on the fence or for future on-the-fence folks. Some of the blues and greens are a tad lighter but totally unnoticeable once installed.

#4 9 years ago

The positive difference a repro bg makes to a machine is priceless. I have x1 Shay & x3 bgresto & could not be happier with quality & impact.

#5 9 years ago

Wish they would make a Sing Along glass. Yours looks great.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from 5280wzrd:

No worries with Shay. Top shelf for sure.

#7 9 years ago

Looks great. Anyone do something similar for classic Sterns?

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from Barron:

and greens are a tad lighter

Good side by side comparison. I agree they do great work. Yes, looks like they didn't want to add a third green screen for their hats!

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

...looks like they didn't want to add a third green screen for their hats!

Everything these days is done on a green screen.

#10 9 years ago

you have to take in that the old glass has some degree of fade.
I am sure they try brighten up the color a bit to offset the fade in certain colors
I have spent a small fortune on glass between ron and shay.

Gov... ron has done 3 runs on sing along so I doubt he does another anytime soon. unless you can get 20 plus people to set up

bgrestro is great for glass that will never get screened, nothing compares to screened glass

#11 9 years ago

Shay has been around forever, nothing new as all there stuff has always been top notch. Great choice of a game BTW.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#12 9 years ago

Thanks, John. Always fun to spend $300 on glass for $400-500 games, but this one is a keeper for me.

I knew they had a reputation as being top-notch, but I had a hard time finding anything but words praising his work. I just wanted to supply some pics for those who do their research before ordering.

They definitely didn't cut corners on another screen of green. It's just a lighter shade than the one that was in my game. I don't have unreasonable expectations on things like this and realize that these games were made in a factory and not a boutique. There are probably little variations all around.

Now I'm saving up to buy the Gold Strike glass they have before I find myself regretting having missed the chance.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shay-backglasses and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.