(Topic ID: 244744)

Shay Arcade Group- has anyone dealt with them?

By Pinwalk

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

299209428_10159701530324748_1863147898893822629_n (resized).jpg
    300040312_10159701530424748_1978450255322574063_n (resized).jpg
    299338216_10159701530384748_3167837154966354521_n (resized).jpg
    IMG20200608195612 (resized).jpg
    IMG20200608195538 (resized).jpg
    IMG20200608195526 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5807 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5806 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5805 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5804 (resized).JPG
    #1 4 years ago

Considering buying a backglass from them...has anyone dealt with them in the past? How was the experience?

#2 4 years ago

Yes
    I was very pleased with the quality of the Hulk glass they made

#3 4 years ago

Terrific work, but they don’t win any customer service points in my book. You’re better off finding another vendor with one of their glasses in stock.

#4 4 years ago

Not one issue. I ordered and glasses allarrived, well packaged. If you need, call them and speak directly with them if optio mn is available.

#5 4 years ago

Could you elaborate and tell us what BG you need. You may be able to get it elsewhere without the wait.

#6 4 years ago

Bought several glasses from Shay, great quality!!

#7 4 years ago

thanks for the input guys and gals! considering a Heat Wave and/or Roller Disco backglass

#8 4 years ago

Have you contacted Mayfairamusement yet? They carry many NOS BG's along with reproductions and IMHO are very well priced.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Have you contacted Mayfairamusement yet? They carry many NOS BG's along with reproductions and IMHO are very well priced.

sent them an email yesterday, no response yet, thanks!

#10 4 years ago

I have numerous Shay glasses. Not ever a problem. Quality better than NOS.
    Buy with confidence...

Shay has a day-job too so take into consideration that immediate responses are probably not his top priority.
    --
    Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
    http://ChrisHiblerPinball.com/contact
    http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

1 year later
    #11 3 years ago

I was disappointed with the quality of the backglass I received.

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pintoxicated:

I find that very hard to believe, All of my shay backglasses were top quality.

#13 3 years ago

Which title was it?

#14 3 years ago

Yes, they are excellent.

#15 3 years ago

I placed an order on June 11 and received an email confirmation right away. No word until yesterday (one week later) when the glass arrived. Quality is great and I’m extremely pleased with Shay. Will buy again if the occasion arises.

1 week later
    #16 3 years ago

Do tell. What game title? The only thing I've ever heard was that the "cowling" on the Jack in the Box on the backglass of Jumping Jack was off shade a bit.
    --
    http://www.ChrisHiblerPinball.com/Contact ... for board repairs

#17 3 years ago

Shay is an absolutely top notch guy! Buy with confidence!

#18 3 years ago

I've seen them in person, but have yet to order one personally. Absolutely stunning work.

3 weeks later
    #19 3 years ago

I just bought a Shay backglass for a "Friendship 7" that I"m working on. It arrived pretty quickly and looks beautiful...perfect! I have another Shay on my "Quick Draw" - again, perfect!

#20 3 years ago

Awww Yeahhhh....

Look what showed up in the mail today!

My first glass from Shay and probably not my last.

IMG_5804 (resized).JPGIMG_5804 (resized).JPGIMG_5805 (resized).JPGIMG_5805 (resized).JPGIMG_5806 (resized).JPGIMG_5806 (resized).JPGIMG_5807 (resized).JPGIMG_5807 (resized).JPG
    #21 3 years ago

I've bought several backglasses from shay and all have exceeded my expectations. Sometimes, they will be a tad wider and you might have to slightly dremel the wood wedges at the bottom, that keep the glass from shifting side to side, so it will fit perfectly.

4 months later
    #22 3 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisHibler:

Do tell. What game title? The only thing I've ever heard was that the "cowling" on the Jack in the Box on the backglass of Jumping Jack was off shade a bit.
    --
    http://www.ChrisHiblerPinball.com/Contact ... for board repairs

Hulk - mirrored finish wasn't mirrored but streaky. Shay did give me a part refund. Cost me close to $800 by the time I got it to Australia and I haven't even bothered putting it in the machine, it looks horrible once you know it is there.

IMG20200608195526 (resized).jpgIMG20200608195526 (resized).jpgIMG20200608195538 (resized).jpgIMG20200608195538 (resized).jpgIMG20200608195612 (resized).jpgIMG20200608195612 (resized).jpg
    #23 3 years ago
    Quoted from eyeamred2u:

I find that very hard to believe, All of my shay backglasses were top quality.

See pics of the Hulk backglass above - I believe this backglass was far from top quality but as I said in the other post, Shay acknowledged the issue and did give me a part refund. The backglass shouldn't have been sold though.

#24 3 years ago

See pics of the Hulk backglass above - I believe this backglass was far from top quality but as I said in the other post, Shay acknowledged the issue and did give me a part refund. The backglass shouldn't have been sold though.

Interesting to see the mirrored effect being kind of bogus. Really disappointing to see! Anybody else experience this mirroring issue?

1 year later
    #25 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Awww Yeahhhh....
    Look what showed up in the mail today!
    My first glass from Shay and probably not my last.

OK, I did not unpack but I am assuming mine was packed similarly to yours. There is no reason for Shay to put tape on the glass itself, and my glass has a sticky residue from this tape, in the same pattern. I've spent about a half hour with different cleaners, but it just smears it around. How did you get the residue removed??

When I asked about it, Shay was unhelpful at best (not giving me a solution, name calling etc) and denied putting tape on anything. I am a bit shocked he is selling glass with residue that needs to be cleaned off by the customer.

#26 1 year ago

That's a shame. Whilst I appreciate eucalyptus oil is easy to find here in Australia, and may not be in the US. I've used it many times to remove sticky residue on painted surfaces with damage.

#27 1 year ago

I may have read elsewhere, the original process involved plating the glass as an older style mirror(?). That process can't be replicated, so modern 'mirrored' areas are screened with a silver ink. That may be why there are streaks. I can see it in one I received, but not as noticeable as yours. Would be curious to compare to other reproduction glass from CPR, etc.

#28 1 year ago
    Quoted from KingRex71:

OK, I did not unpack but I am assuming mine was packed similarly to yours. There is no reason for Shay to put tape on the glass itself, and my glass has a sticky residue from this tape, in the same pattern. I've spent about a half hour with different cleaners, but it just smears it around. How did you get the residue removed??
    When I asked about it, Shay was unhelpful at best (not giving me a solution, name calling etc) and denied putting tape on anything. I am a bit shocked he is selling glass with residue that needs to be cleaned off by the customer.

Yes, have experienced the same thing. Try citrus-based cleaners. (Goo-be-gone, or modern oven cleaner) Do not get it on the back or cabinet paint.

#29 1 year ago
    Quoted from stashyboy:

Yes, have experienced the same thing. Try citrus-based cleaners. (Goo-be-gone, or modern oven cleaner) Do not get it on the back or cabinet paint.

This......... goo gone.... This is how I did it and I agree its highly annoying.

1 month later
    #30 1 year ago

I used 91% alcohol and a razor blade to remove the tape residue.
    Had to wipe the glass down several times to get it really clean.
    I did mention this to Shay once, but can't remember what his response was.

2 months later
    #31 1 year ago

I've purchased several from Shay - Jack in the Box, Royal Flush, Egghead, Niagra and a Universe for my latest project.

Dealing with the tape residue is a minor inconvenience in the scheme of things. More importantly the glass arrives in one piece in the USPS no less. Goo Gone and a plastic razor blade take care of any tape residue.

299209428_10159701530324748_1863147898893822629_n (resized).jpg299209428_10159701530324748_1863147898893822629_n (resized).jpg299338216_10159701530384748_3167837154966354521_n (resized).jpg299338216_10159701530384748_3167837154966354521_n (resized).jpg300040312_10159701530424748_1978450255322574063_n (resized).jpg300040312_10159701530424748_1978450255322574063_n (resized).jpg
    #32 1 year ago

I have his Spirit of 76 and it is very very nice.
    Now if we could just get him to make Pioneer!

2 months later
    #33 1 year ago

I emailed him from an ad on mrpinball. He said he had the glass I need and gave me a price. He said to send the money via paypal friends and family and gave his aol account. He said if I don't use F&F to add $9. Does this sound right/ok?

The glass in the ad is on special vs what his website shows which is why I'm not ordering directly through his website...

#34 1 year ago
    Quoted from Galdaien:

I emailed him from an ad on mrpinball. He said he had the glass I need and gave me a price. He said to send the money via paypal friends and family and gave his aol account. He said if I don't use F&F to add $9. Does this sound right/ok?
    The glass in the ad is on special vs what his website shows which is why I'm not ordering directly through his website...

I’ve bought a half dozen glasses from him. I always pay F&F. It saves us each a few bucks. You have nothing to worry about.

#35 1 year ago

Was it the same email address from this page?
    http://shayarcadegroup.com/contact/

Quadruple check. Not sure why you'd contact someone through the scammiest possible den of scammers when you could do it through their web site.

#36 1 year ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

Was it the same email address from this page?
    http://shayarcadegroup.com/contact/
    Quadruple check. Not sure why you'd contact someone through the scammiest possible den of scammers when you could do it through their web site.

I’ve always conversed with him via his
    [email protected] email account.

#37 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mundy53:

I’ve always conversed with him via his
    [email protected] email account.

That is the email he used to message me from mr pinball. From that email he sent the message below saying to use his [email protected] account for the F&F.

"Total would be $297. Please use paypal f&F. If using regular paypal add $9. My account is under [email protected]"

#38 1 year ago

Just to clarify - all is legit with the [email protected] Paypal email. I called the # on his site and spoke with him directly. He's selling me a glass from his personal collection, not through the business, which is why he's using a different PayPal account.

#39 1 year ago
    Quoted from Galdaien:Just to clarify - all is legit with the [email protected] Paypal email. I called the # on his site and spoke with him directly. He's selling me a glass from his personal collection, not through the business, which is why he's using a different PayPal account.

Same here, talked to him directly using the website phone number about a glass I was able to order through the website. He has plastics not listed on the website so I am paying that through paypal [email protected]

4 months later
    #40 1 year ago

We ordered 18 days ago, they sent a tracking number, 3 different times after asking where our glass was and when it will ship! poor customer service. Tracking numbers all said label created but nothing more.

10 months later
    #41 52 days ago

Looking for a backglass for 1975 El Dorado. I called Shays Arcade. No business voice mail, just leave a message. Have not connected. However, if anyone knows where I can get a repro or NOS of this glass, I would be ready to purchase immediately...

Many thanks....S

#42 52 days ago

El Dorado shows available on the website. Just email him to check.

1 week later
    #43 43 days ago

They won't have any for at least 3 months.
    Summer 2024....

#44 43 days ago

I got an El Dorado of Shay and had it shipped to Germany. It was excellent.

2 weeks later
    #45 27 days ago

Hello All!! Has anyone ordered a few glasses at one time - a shipping/tracking number was provided and only ONE glass shows up? I tried reaching out about the ballance (other glass) however they haven't responed.
    The quality is excellent well worth the money but I would like to get what was ordered.

#46 26 days ago
    Quoted from PowderNoid:

Hello All!! Has anyone ordered a few glasses at one time - a shipping/tracking number was provided and only ONE glass shows up? I tried reaching out about the ballance (other glass) however they haven't responed.
    The quality is excellent well worth the money but I would like to get what was ordered.

How long ago did you reply? You know it's a side gig for him.

#47 25 days ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

How long ago did you reply? You know it's a side gig for him.

Hi - It was at least 2 weeks ago. I just wondered if the norm is to have glasses shipped separately. His work is freaking awesome - no question there!!

#48 25 days ago

I had ordered plastic set ( 2) and it took nearly ( 5 ) Five months to get them despite saying in stock on the website.

Then shipping them separately , therefore charging me double shipping....when product could be sent in same box.

#49 19 days ago

Stopped by Mayfair at TPF. Great selection and was very friendly.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shay-arcade-group-has-anyone-dealt-with-them?hl=eyeamred2u and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.