5 months ago

Topic Stats

• 75 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 80 days ago by harryhoudini
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What's your preferred method of shaving?”

• None 8 votes
      9%
    • Straight Razor 5 votes
      5%
    • Cartridge/Disposable/Safety 52 votes
      57%
    • Electric 27 votes
      29%

(92 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 16 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Mach 3 Turbo.jpg
    Barbasol.png
    3225882_0 (resized).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpg
    BA5DEC57-2132-4911-B813-6D8DDA0D6879 (resized).jpeg
    real (resized).jpg
    C3B36CD5-C0F1-4499-A69E-E4B0ED40DC9B (resized).jpeg
    BE203931-6F80-4D0E-BFD9-401B35015039 (resized).jpeg
    Philips-Norelco-5700 SMALL (resized).png
    C63ED3E4-5D69-4674-A4C9-90B815F57BF3 (resized).jpeg
    235D3CE7-D697-4BD6-9729-E31095944C8E (resized).jpeg
    BDAE319B-DD5F-4EEC-9380-68BE16D3D44C (resized).jpeg
    901143EA-7D23-4542-B342-2CC34799FB85 (resized).jpeg
    disposable razor (resized).jpg
    20191025_143614 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #52 5 months ago

#53 5 months ago
    Quoted from guitarded:

Angry Weasels

Nice FZ reference

#54 5 months ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Warning. Too much information alert.
    I shave my entire head, along with my face, every single day and have done so since May 1st 1990. But I don't stop there. I also continue on and shave my chest, upper arms, stomach and my package. - Hows that for an endorsement of the Norelco Tripleheader.
    Just be grateful I'm only posting a picture of the razor I prefer.
    [quoted image]

Why shave “ below the equator” ?? Has to be fraught with danger and for what purpose? I can see trimming , but a complete shave?

#55 5 months ago
    Quoted from Budman:

Why shave “ below the equator” ?? Has to be fraught with danger and for what purpose? I can see trimming , but a complete shave?

Fraught with danger?

Perhaps ... if he used a Bowie knife instead of an electric razor as he does.

#56 5 months ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

So I had a buddy who was trying to explain to me that there’s like a shaving/razor community equivalent to us with pinball/Pinside. Is this true? Please tell me it’s not.

Oh, way bigger than us, probably - think about it, almost every man on the planet and most of the women shave. They have conventions and stuff like us too. Here are the top 25 forums - yes, 25....

https://www.coldriversoapworks.com/blog/top-25-shaving-forums

#57 5 months ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

... and my package. - Hows that for an endorsement of the Norelco Tripleheader.

Do yourself a favor and get it all lasered off. Takes awHile but it's worth it.

#58 5 months ago

This is why companies need to just stfu and stay away from politics.

https://onenewsnow.com/business/2019/08/02/gillette-cut-by-8b-loss-after-toxic-masculinity-ad

#59 5 months ago
    Quoted from okayestpinballer:

I follow a religion that prohibits the cutting of any body hair or nails.

Sounds like a solid religion.

#60 5 months ago
    Quoted from Budman:

He’ll never get crabs?

#61 5 months ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

He’ll never get crabs?

I like shrimp better.

#62 5 months ago
    Quoted from Budman:

You get way more blowjobs.

#63 5 months ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

Definitely do it. I’ve done my ears and nose.
    Getting the nose done was extremely painful, but worth it.

You need those nose hairs for filtration.

#64 5 months ago
    Barbasol.pngMach 3 Turbo.jpg
    #65 5 months ago

Is there really an advantage using a 5 blade razor.?? Just curious, as I use a 2 blade.

#66 5 months ago
    Quoted from chad:

You need those nose hairs for filtration.

You don’t need the hair at the tip of the nose that protrudes from the nostril. That’s disgusting.

#67 5 months ago
    Quoted from chad:

Is there really an advantage using a 5 blade razor.?? Just curious, as I use a 2 blade.

No. There have been several studies. Sharp single blades are best. That's why most "wet-shavers" use double edge razors or straight razors.

#68 5 months ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

You don’t need the hair at the tip of the nose that protrudes from the nostril. That’s disgusting.

I agree a waving hair is not nice.

#69 5 months ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

No. There have been several studies. Sharp single blades are best. That's why most "wet-shavers" use double edge razors or straight razors.

Yup. "Big razor" wants you to believe their $5 blades are the best, more = better. What it really does is stretch your skin and take off more layers of skin. $.25 blades don't make them that sweet, sweet multi-blade money.

1 week later
    #70 5 months ago
    Quoted from harryhoudini:

Yup. "Big razor" wants you to believe their $5 blades are the best, more = better. What it really does is stretch your skin and take off more layers of skin. $.25 blades don't make them that sweet, sweet multi-blade money.

And hairs get stuck in between the blades making them cut even worse, and all the more likely you will trash them more quickly.

I've had 2+ weeks with the Panasonic Arc5 and I like it a lot. The shaving head is big. It would almost seem too big, but it works great. I get a very close shave everywhere except my neck on the first pass or 2. I'm not experiencing any irritation, which is new for me with electric razors.

Lectric Shave is nice to use too.

amazon.com link »

#71 5 months ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

So I had a buddy who was trying to explain to me that there’s like a shaving/razor community equivalent to us with pinball/Pinside. Is this true? Please tell me it’s not.

Oh it's true, https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/

#72 5 months ago

Badgerandblade started my obsession with shaving years ago. Learned a lot about shaving from different soaps and shaving creams, shave brushes, razors to razor blades. I started scouring eBay looking for vintage safety razors(1918 Gillette military issued razor, Gillette 1950’s Fatboy, 1960’s Gillette Slim)and everything in between buying them and sending them to get refinished. Had to stop because I have enough shaving cream, soap and razor blades to last me four life times. The good is it’s not anywhere as expensive as pins and space is not as much of a issue.

#73 5 months ago
    Quoted from Nazz26:

Badgerandblade started my obsession with shaving years ago. Learned a lot about shaving from different soaps and shaving creams, shave brushes, razors to razor blades. I started scouring eBay looking for vintage safety razors(1918 Gillette military issued razor, Gillette 1950’s Fatboy, 1960’s Gillette Slim)and everything in between buying them and sending them to get refinished. Had to stop because I have enough shaving cream, soap and razor blades to last me four life times. The good is it’s not anywhere as expensive as pins and space is not as much of a issue.

It's a pretty good forum,with lots of nice people. I found it when I was trying to eliminate, getting ingrown hairs.Its been two years now that I switched to a safety razor and I'm ingrown hair free.
    The nice part of using a safety razor is,it only cost five or ten cents,and you have a brand new blade to shave with. Being the tight wad that I am, I used my old disposal razor too long. And that's when those hate full ingrown hairs would show up.
    P.S
    I too have enough supplies for several lifetime's

1 month later
    #74 4 months ago

What do you guys use to shave/trim nose hair?

1 month later
    #75 80 days ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

What do you guys use to shave/trim nose hair?

Electric rotary trimmer. Something like this: amazon.com link »

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Led
    Geeteoh Electronics
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 89.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 18.95
    $ 119.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 100.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    The Pinball Vault
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 49.00
    $ 7,395.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 14.95
    $ 189.99
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 17.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 89.99
    $ 28.95
    There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside