(Topic ID: 254207)

Shaving - What do you folks use?

By mcluvin

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What's your preferred method of shaving?”

• None 8 votes
      9%
    • Straight Razor 5 votes
      5%
    • Cartridge/Disposable/Safety 52 votes
      57%
    • Electric 27 votes
      29%

(92 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Mach 3 Turbo.jpg
    Barbasol.png
    3225882_0 (resized).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpg
    BA5DEC57-2132-4911-B813-6D8DDA0D6879 (resized).jpeg
    real (resized).jpg
    C3B36CD5-C0F1-4499-A69E-E4B0ED40DC9B (resized).jpeg
    BE203931-6F80-4D0E-BFD9-401B35015039 (resized).jpeg
    Philips-Norelco-5700 SMALL (resized).png
    C63ED3E4-5D69-4674-A4C9-90B815F57BF3 (resized).jpeg
    235D3CE7-D697-4BD6-9729-E31095944C8E (resized).jpeg
    BDAE319B-DD5F-4EEC-9380-68BE16D3D44C (resized).jpeg
    901143EA-7D23-4542-B342-2CC34799FB85 (resized).jpeg
    disposable razor (resized).jpg
    20191025_143614 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 4 years ago

I hate shaving, but I also hate having a beard. I have very thick facial hair. What do you folks use?

#2 4 years ago

Cheap disposable 5 blade razor but I use ladies shave gel.

#3 4 years ago

I've been shaving without gel just a Mach 3 razor, nothing else and I don't replace the blades very often either. I don't get burn or any discomfort by it, not sure why but I don't.

This seems easier than lathering up and I find myself cleanly shaven more often.

#4 4 years ago

I have an electric razor my wife bought for me but I don't use it. I prefer good ole Barbasol shave cream and disposable razor. The electric razor dries my face out to much and it isn't as smooth and clean as the razor.

#5 4 years ago

Angry Weasels

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

I hate shaving, but I also hate having a beard. I have very thick facial hair. What do you folks use?

Check out this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wet-shaving

I am an avid wet shaver.

I typically use a Gillette double edge razor and blade, wolf whiskers synthetic brush, and either Stirling soap or barrister & Mann.

#7 4 years ago

During the week i normally use a 5 blade disposable w Barbasol cream or Nivea gel.

On the weekends (sometimes) I'll wet shave, usually Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood cream. Single blade razor, Feather blades, badger hair brush.

Electric razor for when i'm really being lazy.

#8 4 years ago

Wet shave is the way to go

#10 4 years ago

Join dollar shave club... if you like it, cancel it and buy all the blades you want from amazon

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MYC4PYY

These are the exact ones DSC buys and sends you but a different color.

#11 4 years ago

Barbarsol. Dual blade

#12 4 years ago

Sandelwood scented Creamo

#13 4 years ago

Here was my shave gear from my shave yesterday:

20191025_143614 (resized).jpg20191025_143614 (resized).jpg
    #14 4 years ago

I was a die-hard Gillette fan for years. Went to Dollar Shave Club, canceled immediately as the razors just plain sucked (super jagged, rough shave.) I switched to Harry's. The razors again, not comfortable but better. Razor handle was quite flimsy. Blades attached to handle okay, but not great, eventually started popping off. I just switched back to Gillette after using DSC and Harry's for about a year. I have to say... it is like going from a 1984 VW Rabbit with 290,000 miles on it to a new BMW M5. Night and day difference.

I get the Gillette 5 razors. Same 5 blade cartridge used on the Fusion and fit the Fusion handle, just no trimmer blade on the back. They last me 2 weeks per blade and only cost about $6-$7 for 4-pack.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #15 4 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

I use ladies shave gel.

I had been too. The cheap Wal-Mart stuff. It works just fine. If you take it from the shower though, you better put it back when you are done

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Here was my shave gear from my shave yesterday:[quoted image]

I always heard the brush was a good applicator, and especially if the shaving cream was warmed up...

#17 4 years ago

Disposable 2-blade razor w/ soap & water.

disposable razor (resized).jpgdisposable razor (resized).jpg

#18 4 years ago

Shaving...Yes. Here is a few pics of my shave den..and it’s always growing.

235D3CE7-D697-4BD6-9729-E31095944C8E (resized).jpeg235D3CE7-D697-4BD6-9729-E31095944C8E (resized).jpeg901143EA-7D23-4542-B342-2CC34799FB85 (resized).jpeg901143EA-7D23-4542-B342-2CC34799FB85 (resized).jpegBDAE319B-DD5F-4EEC-9380-68BE16D3D44C (resized).jpegBDAE319B-DD5F-4EEC-9380-68BE16D3D44C (resized).jpegC63ED3E4-5D69-4674-A4C9-90B815F57BF3 (resized).jpegC63ED3E4-5D69-4674-A4C9-90B815F57BF3 (resized).jpeg
    #19 4 years ago

Warning. Too much information alert.

I shave my entire head, along with my face, every single day and have done so since May 1st 1990. But I don't stop there. I also continue on and shave my chest, upper arms, stomach and my package. - Hows that for an endorsement of the Norelco Tripleheader.

Just be grateful I'm only posting a picture of the razor I prefer.
    Philips-Norelco-5700 SMALL (resized).pngPhilips-Norelco-5700 SMALL (resized).png

#20 4 years ago
    BE203931-6F80-4D0E-BFD9-401B35015039 (resized).jpegBE203931-6F80-4D0E-BFD9-401B35015039 (resized).jpeg
    #21 4 years ago

Nothing Gillette

#22 4 years ago

Without question the best razor on the market........blows away everything from Gillette.
    C3B36CD5-C0F1-4499-A69E-E4B0ED40DC9B (resized).jpegC3B36CD5-C0F1-4499-A69E-E4B0ED40DC9B (resized).jpeg

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Disposable 2-blade

Gillette without the lubristrip. And for me Gillette foamy regular.

You'd be amazed how long one of those razors lasts me.

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

I'd need a couple of recharges to do my entire body. I used a Norelco 1260x a few years ago and liked it other than build quality. The replacement blades sucked and the battery died a bit too soon. I destroyed it trying to replace the battery.

I've been using Gilette Fusion 5 cartridges for a few years. It's a good shave, but messy and not quick. I recently bought a Panasonic Arc5. I love it. I'm still breaking it in on my neck, but it gives a very close shave in ~3 minutes with no irritation for me.

#25 4 years ago

Aldis 8 pack of disposables. $2.65

Last months n months

#26 4 years ago

Gillette Sensor and Foamy.

#27 4 years ago
    real (resized).jpgreal (resized).jpg
    #28 4 years ago
    BA5DEC57-2132-4911-B813-6D8DDA0D6879 (resized).jpegBA5DEC57-2132-4911-B813-6D8DDA0D6879 (resized).jpeg
    #29 4 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

[quoted image]

Would this work for my ears which have gone completely out of control?

#30 4 years ago

My wife got me the American Crew shave oil years ago and I thought it was amazing, especially for trying to cut in a beard. It's pretty expensive so I started using this and it's pretty close. I would never use anything that foams again.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PEUVPZU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

Would this work for my ears which have gone completely out of control?

Two or three electrolysis sessions and it should be gone for good.

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

Two or three electrolysis sessions and it should be gone for good.

I think I've got to do this. I'm like an f'n Neanderthal.

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

I think I've got to do this. I'm like an f'n Neanderthal.

Definitely do it. I’ve done my ears and nose.
    Getting the nose done was extremely painful, but worth it.

#34 4 years ago

Starting this week, nothing. Winter snowboarding beard is incoming and staying until the end of March.

Normally I use Harry's razors and other products though. Work great and cheap.

#35 4 years ago

Merkur Futur double edged adjustable safety razor, matte finish
    https://www.amazon.com/MERKUR-MK-70C-Adjustable-Double-Safety/dp/B00375BUQ8/ref=sr_1_7

Shark blades (get a sample pack if you're new, try a bunch out, see what works best)
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004RWZ1RE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

Tylor of Old Bond Street cream
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003VZPTAC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

Badger brush
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01G2W5IZG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

You'll spend next to nothing, get the best shaves and look cool doing it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wicked_edge/

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

Definitely do it. I’ve done my ears and nose.
    Getting the nose done was extremely painful, but worth it.

I didn't even consider my nose, but yeah, that shit totally gets out of control.

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

I didn't even consider my nose, but yeah, that shit totally gets out of control.

I was using a Philips trimmer every other day to make sure there was nothing there, but no more.

I didn’t want to become one of those guys who looks like they have a brush protruding from each nostril.

#38 4 years ago

Not Gillette since they made woke ads on how terrible men are. I use dollar shave club now

#39 4 years ago

I’ll shave with anything other than Gillette after they felt the need to tell men how bad we treat women and that we need to change F*ck them azzholes!

#40 4 years ago

I’ve had a beard and mustache the last couple of years, so my blade shaving is limited to my neckline these days. For the beard I have a Remington.

As far as blade shaving ... Gillette Fusion Proglide. Best shave I’ve ever had. The powered vibrating head reduces friction and tug drastically, and a brief pass under water shakes the cut stubble out effortlessly. I’ve had it for quite a few years now. Brought a 5 year supply of blades from some super coupon person on eBay dirt cheap.

I use good old (and dirt cheap) mug shave and a brush. Shaving creams from a can are a waste of money.

#41 4 years ago

So I had a buddy who was trying to explain to me that there’s like a shaving/razor community equivalent to us with pinball/Pinside. Is this true? Please tell me it’s not.

#42 4 years ago

I wasted 20 years on electric razors.

Take too long, do a shitty job, and require constant maintenance. A Mach 3 or such is much better in every way.

#43 4 years ago
    Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg
    #44 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I wasted 20 years on electric razors.
    Take too long, do a shitty job, and require constant maintenance. A Mach 3 or such is much better in every way.

Panasonic Arc5. I’m really surprised nobody else here uses one. It’s amazing.

#45 4 years ago

I had used Gillette for years but after that horrendous SuperBowl ad, I switched to Schick disposables.
    Lubricating strip
    rotating head
    Ticks me off that Barbasol reduced the size of their cans of shaving creme from 11 to 7 oz but kept the price the same.

#46 4 years ago
    3225882_0 (resized).jpg3225882_0 (resized).jpg
    #47 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

So I had a buddy who was trying to explain to me that there’s like a shaving/razor community equivalent to us with pinball/Pinside. Is this true? Please tell me it’s not.

Last item..
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shaving-what-do-you-folks-use#post-5275040

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

I shave my entire head, along with my face, every single day and have done so since May 1st 1990. But I don't stop there. I also continue on and shave my chest, upper arms, stomach and my package. - Hows that for an endorsement of the Norelco Tripleheader.
    Just be grateful I'm only posting a picture of the razor I prefer.
    [quoted image]

How long does that take?

Package stubble is the worst. I would imagine?

I follow a religion that prohibits the cutting of any body hair or nails.

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from okayestpinballer:

How long does that take?

I've never timed it but maybe an extra 10 minutes?? Probably less. - Keep in mind that I shave everyday.

Package stubble is the worst. I would imagine?

No stubble or razor burn on my package or any where else for that matter. I use to get razor burn on the back of my neck many years ago when I first began, but my skin adapted somehow. I believe that shaving every day helps with my skin type and I hit it with a moisturiser afterward.
    - Shower, shave, moisturiser and I'm done.

I follow a religion that prohibits the cutting of any body hair or nails.

I'm agnostic.

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:I use to get razor burn on the back of my neck many years

Oh, that's the worst. I hated that.

There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shaving-what-do-you-folks-use/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.