(Topic ID: 3633)

Shattered glass.My new BSD glass just shattered into a million pieces. Need help

By sulli10

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by Roger450
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1177.JPG
Pool_Shark_s_.jpg
Pool_Shark_s_.jpg
Pool_Shark_s.jpg
BSD_Glass_broke.jpg
#1 12 years ago

I was pulling the glass out and it exploded. Real mess !! so if the place i bought from does not make good, Any recommendations on how to replace?

#2 12 years ago

Are you talking about the playfield glass? Most major pinball suppliers carry it, though not all of them ship it. You can also go to just about any glass shop if you have the dimensions (including thickness). Just make sure to specify that it's tempered glass, don't use plate glass for safety reasons.

-Hans

#3 12 years ago

Ohh Yea,,, Shop Vac , and a Broom & Dust pan... Been there Done that Bro.. Same Pin too ..

as The week's Go by,, watch the P/F for pieces work-n their way out of hid-n Places....

BSD_Glass_broke.jpgBSD_Glass_broke.jpg Pool_Shark_s.jpgPool_Shark_s.jpg Pool_Shark_s_.jpgPool_Shark_s_.jpg Pool_Shark_s_.jpgPool_Shark_s_.jpg

#4 12 years ago

yes play field glass. Black rose mine looked just like yours. I will be lookin for the glass

#5 12 years ago

Man that sucks B_R!
But it kind of reminds me of my fireplace... Although- mine looked like that on purpose!

IMG_1177.JPGIMG_1177.JPG

Can we say "Ahoy Matey!?"

#6 12 years ago

At least it wasn't a back glass. That would have been rough

#7 12 years ago

Now I'm ging to be extra careful....

#8 12 years ago

always wear shoes when pulling a PF glass out
hope no one got hurt - late night runs to the ER sux

#9 12 years ago

No one hurt but I was bare foot drinking beer. Glass got in the beer ( that really got me). Lots of problems with the machine ( see mystic ball problem post) . Now I got to see if I can get the place i bought it to help. If not this is going to require a lot of surgery. Luckily this place has been around for a long time. We will see . BSD is a great game tho.

#10 12 years ago

Sounds like something out of a nightmare!!!! Sorry to hear about that, I have heard a few people now say this has happened to them. I try to be as careful as possible taking the glass off now that would suck! Just seeing BR's pictures made me reach for a cold beer.

#11 12 years ago

What a mess,I have been kind of rough with the glass in the past.Will be more careful.

#12 12 years ago

From now on I am wearing shoes for sure. I never thought of this happening.

#13 12 years ago

Generally tempered glass is tough head on, its weakness is on the edges and it don't take much. As long as you dont bind it or scrape the sides when installing/removing you should be ok. I have seen glass panels at our shop on the rack just explode for no explainable reason, not often but it can happen. Just my 2 cents

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 84.99
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 5.00
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shattered-glassmy-new-bsd-glass-just-shattered-into-a-million-pieces-need-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.