(Topic ID: 108032)

Sharp Shooter II...non working price?

By VolunteerPin

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I'm considering picking up a Sharp Shooter II locally. It turns on but has no display and is currently unplayable. Cab a little dinged up but playfield in good condition.

Any thoughts on how much this would cost to fix? Perhaps this is an impossible question without really getting into what is wrong.

Are new boards available for Game Plan pins if I need it? What about new displays?

I doubt I'd want to be into this pin fully working for more than $500, but I really know very little about these pins and doubt I'd be able to sell it very easily if I do get it up and running.

Thanks for your input.

Edit: I've net yet seen the pin...going to take a look at it later...so don't know about the batteries, etc.

Darin

#2 9 years ago

SSII is almost identical to SS, save for different art and a MPU-controlled sound board and is very similar to Old Coney Island. In fact the game ROMs (U12 & U13) are identical and interchangeable between the three (U26 handles sounds).

The only thing SSII has going for it over the other two is it is more rare (600 units).

The thing that is probably keeping it from working is battery damage to the MPU. It most likely can be repaired depending upon how bad it is and whether or not anyone tried a previous repair.

People are queuing up for another run of MPU boards from Echo Lake:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-plan-pinball-owners-and-future-owners-must-read

Looks like the numbers are close for him make a run. He gets around $275 for a new board. All the other boards are pretty easy to fix by comparison. Displays never really go bad and plenty of used ones out there.

As for the price, condition is king. A non-working complete SS or OCI usually goes for $150-200. SSII if the rest of the machine is in good shape and complete should be $300ish (if I'm being generous and accounting for pinflation). Its rarity is offset by it being too similar to the other two machines and the fact that its artwork isn't as good as the original (IMHO).

viperrwk

#3 9 years ago

I'd still stick with the 100-200 range, personally.

#4 9 years ago

I watched a video of game play and it seemed kind of 'meh' although the pops on the right instead of the sling and inlane is an interesting diversion.

Anyone play one of these and can you comment?

If I got this it would be simply for a variety in my collection and room.

#5 9 years ago

I'd give $100 for a non working one.

#6 9 years ago

Roger Sharpe design - inspired by a combination of Sky Jump and Satin Doll. Most people don't give GP pins much love and most don't understand how to get it working once the MPU board has been crapped on. If you get it for less than $200 you could certainly part it for more than that.

viperrwk

#7 9 years ago

Fun pin, but your not going to see much GP love around here. I wouldn't pay over $200 myself. Make sure the plastics and drop targets are good, both hard to find. Have fun! SpOoKy

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 179.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 16.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sharp-shooter-iinon-working-price and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.