Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by desertT1
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider desertT1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

Got my first Gameplan game recently. It booted when I got it but didn't start a game. That's now been resolved and I am now working on the insert lights. None of them work. I lifted the playfield and I get 6.3V on the power braid and the tabs of the few return wires that I tested. I touched a few points on the board and got voltage on the drivers too. The bulbs aren't all burned out, as I inspected a few and those were fine. Looks like there just isn't any info about which lights to turn on getting sent out because all the power issues that could happen check out just fine. As my first Gameplan, I'm wondering if there is anything else I can look at to see what's up. Thanks.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from Rapid_Roy:

First check the wire harness connectors from the backbox to the playfield. They are notorious for corrosion. Next, do you have the schematic?

Do you mean the .100 connectors on the light board, or the beefy ones between the head and the playfield?

I have the schematic to reference on IPDB.

1 week later
#7 1 year ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

If you have access another Gameplan machine it would be worth swapping the lamp driver to see if anything changes.
Do you have a logic probe? If so you could check the control lines between the MPU and lamp driver to check for activity or if the lines are stuck.

I don't have another GP game, but do have a logic probe and very minimal experience with it. So I can poke around and see what I can figure out.

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

A great learning exercise to get more familiar with the logic probe. There are some really good YouTube examples on using one. Just knowing that signals are always low/high, or pulsing can help a lot.

Is there a good spot to tap into 5V for the logic probe? The test points are flat spots, not studs or loops. Looks like J1-1/2/5/7 are the enable pins for the 4 chips on the lamp board. going to assume I should check those and also the outputs for U1/2/3/6 to see if those are sending signals to the transistors.

#11 1 year ago

Ok, J4 on the light board isn't used and I found a few pins that have 6VDC. I used pin 9. Then attached to the "ground here" braid and the light on the probe turned on. I touched pin 23 on each of U1/2/3/6, which is the enable pin. Those are all high. Then I touched pins 4-11 on each chip and those are all low.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 129.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 16.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider desertT1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sharp-shooter-ii-all-insert-lighting-is-out?tu=desertT1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.