2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

To start, I have been trying to get more information about detailed rules and code logic for this game. I've found some information on pintips and so forth, but there is some alluding to a more comprehensive post on a URL which is no longer valid. I was wondering if anyone has this information still? Specifically, the features of Tex multiball is made clear, but what about the other characters? I've heard Mr. Grey may extend the combo timeout?

There are some settings, to make the game more difficult, but it seems like many of them do not actually work.

I have found turning the ball-save off is essential to make this game more enjoyable. The Auto timeout for ball save is ridiculous. Maybe a very brief timer could work..

I also find the advances on the actual pool game targets to be too easy, particularly as the 8-ball shot seems to advance them most of the time.. so the player rarely benefits from actively targeting the flashing shot. This is quite unfortunate.

The layout has some aspects which are so close to working out well, for example, there is a technically repeatable loop shot from the black widow drop orbit around and back to the left side flipper to be repeated, however this is made moot by the way that the mag diverter will always seem to be on and drop the ball to the vuk, which just leads to the pops again. I'd really like to know if there is any rule to mitigate that, even just some sort of rule tweak could greatly improve this game if there were something to base around the shot.

Also, preventing any spotting of the drops might help as well, as it would engage the player more into shooting for them, which is really the point of this layout, and actually where some risk reward comes into play.

-----

While I'm at it, any way to just have the 8-ball reward on the first preview. lol, this would do a lot to keep the game flowing.

Advanced skill shot to complete the orbit to the left flipper for the widow shot would be amazing.

Allow the player to directly control the ramp diverter, and possibly have more advanced combo rules.. three-way / four way etc..

Maybe some physical mod to address the vuk kick-out to the bumpers which can lead back to itself.. I don't find this to be too bad.. ro a deal breaker on mine anyway, but could be an improvement here perhaps.

---------

Game drives me crazy, because it seems like some tweaks could make it really exceptional.. as it is, when set up and made difficult, it is fairly fun.... just frustrating because I feel like it could be so much more.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
1,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sharkey-s-shootout-rules and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.