Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 63 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Leeps
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Shark or Dyson?”

• Dyson 37 votes
      54%
    • Shark 32 votes
      46%

(69 votes)

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 5 years ago

Also....its pretty fuckin sad this is our Sat night conversation. Gettin old sucks. Get it?!
    Pah dum chhh.
    I guess its better than asking advice on how to get rid of hemroids.

#52 5 years ago

Dyson all day. We have two of them. One for the upstairs/basement carpets and a cordless for the stairs (the lightweight cordless is SO underrated). I can't believe how much dust/dirt it picks up off the floor compared to other vacuums.

With that said, they are expensive. If your budget allows it, go with Dyson. You won't regret it.

#53 5 years ago

Kind of disappointed in all you smart pinball people. All these posts and not one mention yet of literally the best vacuum cleaner in the world? You need a Rainbow Sweeper my friend. Please tell me at least someone on here knows how to clean their home?

#54 5 years ago

Had 3 Dyson cordless models and each one has had battery problems. Great for about 2 years then the battery dies. But they do work when they work.

#55 5 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

Not to derail the OP’s question, but I gotta ask:
    Everyone voting for Meile, are you using their canister vacuums? What makes them that much better? I’ve always felt canister vacuums were really clumsy to use.

I've gotten quite curious myself!

#56 5 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Had 3 Dyson cordless models and each one has had battery problems. Great for about 2 years then the battery dies. But they do work when they work.

I don't disagree with you that the battery loses its juice after a few years, but what rechargeable battery doesn't? Phones, grass trimmers, etc.

If you don't have a plug-in vacuum and always use a cordless, your battery won't even last two years. Luckily, replacement batteries aren't too expensive for the cordless Dyson.

#57 5 years ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

I don't disagree with you that the battery loses its juice after a few years, but what rechargeable battery doesn't? Phones, grass trimmers, etc.
    If you don't have a plug-in vacuum and always use a cordless, your battery won't even last two years. Luckily, replacement batteries aren't too expensive for the cordless Dyson.

Well the most recent one we owned died in about 1 yr - would last for a few minutes on high power then die. Then you had to wait 1hr to charge.

Changed the battery under warranty, lasted another year. Then died again. Had to buy the battery second time around, which wasn’t too expensive.

In fairness we only use it on the “turbo” setting as that’s the only one that works effectively. But if you used it only on the regular setting, it would probably last longer. My feeling is the Dyson batteries aren’t up to scratch compared to the rest of the design.

#58 5 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Well the most recent one we owned died in about 1 yr - would last for a few minutes on high power then die. Then you had to wait 1hr to charge.
    Changed the battery under warranty, lasted another year. Then died again. Had to buy the battery second time around, which wasn’t too expensive.
    In fairness we only use it on the “turbo” setting as that’s the only one that works effectively. But if you used it only on the regular setting, it would probably last longer. My feeling is the Dyson batteries aren’t up to scratch compared to the rest of the design.

Yuck, that IS terrible. Is that your main vacuum?

I love the "turbo/max" suction as well. Sometimes it's almost too strong.

It's 2018, you'd think rechargeable batteries would be long lasting by now. However, how are they supposed to make money then?

#59 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

...I about shit when she told me she bought the $600 new one (at a tremendous discount *probably a lie*)....

Hmmm... where have I heard that one before... HEY! Our weapons are being used against us!

"Honey, I picked up this new pin for [about] $2,000 [ish]....

#60 5 years ago

We've had a Shark Rotator for almost a year now. Has a beater brush head, also works as a roll around cannister and a lift away. Not disappointed in its performance or price. Love it.

Shawn

#61 5 years ago

Well, we went with a shark Duo clean from Costco. It just seems to be better suited for cleaning the stairs. Very impressed with the suction on this thing!!

#62 5 years ago
    Quoted from Cloud7:

Well, we went with a shark Duo clean from Costco. It just seems to be better suited for cleaning the stairs. Very impressed with the suction on this thing!!

If Costco is selling it, I’m buying!

#63 5 years ago

You don't clean with suction, you clean with air flow...

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shark-or-dyson/page/2?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.