Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Darcy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider maddog14.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I did a pin repair housecall on a T2 the other day. The board had extensive trace damage from leaky batteries. No problem to repair that.

The machine still had some issues. Row 1 ground short, and two balls would shoot into the shooter lane.

The ground short was easy. SOmehow the slam tilt was shorting against the lock mechanism. Bent that back into shape.

I pull out the balls from the trough. I got four of them in my hand. I look down at the sticker for how many balls are supposed to be in the machine. I ask the owner to come over. I ask him how many balls do I have in my hand. He responds, A man isn't supposed to ask another man that question. We had a laugh. I showed him the sticker. Ball problem solved. Three installed back into machine.
He had no idea how an extra ball got there or how long it had been that way. He said he had machine for 20 years.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Wow. 20 years?
That's quite a story... curious, how did you find the slam tilt issue? Just visual identification?

I looked at all the switches in the row. Machine told me switch in that row was shorted to ground ( just not which switch). I just started at first switch. Slam tilt. Saw it was bent out and resting on lock mech. As soon as i pulled it away, The ground short went away in the switch test... I then knew it was x marked the spot. LOL.
Usually problems are not that easy. The board was a bitch to repair though. I think 7 or 8 traces damaged by acid.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 21.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider maddog14.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sharing-a-recent-repair-housecall?tu=maddog14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.