Topic Stats

• 511 posts
  • 167 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Apollyon
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 54 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

princess-bride-mostly-dead-is-still-a-little-alive-but-thats-not-what-he-saidhe-distinctly-said-to-b (resized).jpg
This is not the pinball machine you are looking for.jpg
IMG_8203 (resized).JPG
Ace (resized).jpg
GOTG (resized).jpg
IMG_3066 (resized).JPG
IMG_3065 (resized).JPG
screen-capture-20 (resized).png
screen-capture-18 (resized).png
a096e93eecf1e2e9fbd09bb8c63b4a4db28581ae (resized).jpg
prem.JPG
pro.JPG
sw2.JPG
poppy (resized).png
IMG_3366 (resized).JPG
IMG_1219 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider visi0n.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#260 3 years ago

and why would Stern release rock and roll pins back to back? I don't think the ACDC then Star Wars rumor is true.

1 week later
#326 3 years ago

So, just trying to round up the rumors as we have them right now -

Am I missing anything in the current rumors for a Star Wars Pin from Stern?

A Pro Model, estimated around $5900, July-August Timeframe
A Premium Model, estimated around $8300, September Timeframe
An LE Model, estimated around $9800, August - September Timeframe

Steve Ritchie on Design

Possibly a 40th Anniversary pin; based on Star Wars in general or emphasizing the original trilogy characters more than the new trilogy characters. Expecting a ball-accelerating magnet toy, (hyperspace) - something akin to HS2 Getaway's Supercharger.

Any rumors on art and code?
Any other good rumors regarding features?

..Current speculation sounds like some dists are expecting an announcement within a week or two. Maybe on May 25th to commemorate the 40th anniversary of SW EP4 but maybe just whenever Stern feels damned well like it is time to start printing money..

Any other juicy rumors out there on this pin? Started to get stoked but mostly wondering how to spend my pinball money in June. Seems like whenever these hyped releases come out, a bunch of money gets vacuumed out of the limited pool of buyers and makes it a great time to pick up classics and grails outside of the hype zone.

#328 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

5900 would be 300 under Aerosmith MSRP...unless you meant street price and I wouldn't believe that.

Are you buying games based on MSRP? You can get an Aerosmith at list for $5700, less if you shop around or have a good relationship with a dist. I think those were loosely based on some european pricelist that was posted earlier, so probably representative of street, backwards adjusted for currency conversion and ~$250 to get them over the pond.

#330 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm trying to figure out where you got this 5900 number and what it means. I'm trying to figure out if you mean this machine is going to cost over $700 more than the last release. List price is MSRP and no one pays it...no one smart.

Again.. rumors not fact, and deriving numbers from another poster, so who the hell knows...

Post on page six of this thread:

Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Some info posted on our Belgian forum (source seems German, prices are euro)
Vorankündigung!!!
Vorbestellungen ab sofort!!!
Stern Flipper Star Wars Pro mit LCD (Juli August 2017) Euro 5480,-- (6576,-- inkl. MwSt)
Stern Flipper Star Wars Premium mit LCD (September 2017) Euro 7680,-- (9216,-- inkl. MwSt)
Stern Flipper Star Wars LE mit LCD (August September 2017) Euro 8980,-- (10776,-- inkl. MwSt)
Stern Flipper AC/DC Pro Vault Edition (Juli August 2017) Euro 5150,-- (6180,-- inkl. MwSt)
Stern Flipper AC/DC Premium Vault Edition (August 2017) Euro 7150,-- (8580,-- inkl. MwSt)

Assuming that's legit (might not be or might have someone's pricing variance baked in)

So, I don't know what the price difference is to our friends on the other side of the pond but if I look at this AC/DC price (5150eu), that's $5792.12 in USD. The actual (public) street price for AC/DC Pro was $5,595.00 USD

$5792-$5595 = $197, so I assume our EU brethren pay at minimum $200 more before VAT for a game after it goes over the pond.
I rounded that up to $250 average because the same ratio applied to the AC/DC premium price estimate here compared to US street prices is $850 price difference.

So speculated star wars price from above ($5480 eu x at current exchange rate = $6162USD, according to the googles) for a SW Pro. $6162 - $250 Atlantic Container boatride = $5912. I'm assuming that guys' pricing was street pricing as well, so street for street, seems like a price bump for SW, which wouldn't really surprise me.

Again, though - speculation atop another pinsider's rumor'd post. I think the price discussion is by far the most yawn-worthy, I'm more interested in hearing what folks are hearing will be in the game. It's always interesting to see how those play out, what rumored features make it in the game, what rumored features didn't - or never intended to.

#407 3 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Tap, tap...

If it did turn out to be a rethemed Star Trek, that would suck. I like Star Trek just fine and don't want the same game with a different art and sound package.

I mirror Aurich's sentiment that I love SR's previous games but I just hope this one has some wow in it, somewhere.

If I compare this pending release to GB in terms of buzz, it feels like we are in 'meh' territory, so far / by comparison to the run up to Ghostbusters. The days leading up to the GB reveal, folks were speculating that magnaslings might cause testicular cancer, might eat a hole in the play-field or a tear a whole in the space-time-continuum. Folks were speculating on the ecto goggles and proton beams..

Days out (potentially) from Star Wars and all we have is the hyperspace-loop stuff ala Getaway. *yawn*

I'm hoping this just means folks are better at keeping a proper trade-secret on this pin and not that the pin will be underwhelming on innovation. Cautiously optimistic...

At any rate on a different note..

Happy Anniversary Star Wars. Sending good vibes out to Carrie Fisher's family..

star-wars-portfolio-06-2017-ss10 (resized).jpg
src: http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/05/star-wars-the-last-jedi-cover-portfolio
(potential light spoilers in the form of on-set photos)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider visi0n.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside