New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 187393)

Share your Star Wars predictions!

By PanzerFreak

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 511 posts
  • 167 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Apollyon
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 54 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

princess-bride-mostly-dead-is-still-a-little-alive-but-thats-not-what-he-saidhe-distinctly-said-to-b (resized).jpg
This is not the pinball machine you are looking for.jpg
IMG_8203 (resized).JPG
Ace (resized).jpg
GOTG (resized).jpg
IMG_3066 (resized).JPG
IMG_3065 (resized).JPG
screen-capture-20 (resized).png
screen-capture-18 (resized).png
a096e93eecf1e2e9fbd09bb8c63b4a4db28581ae (resized).jpg
prem.JPG
pro.JPG
sw2.JPG
poppy (resized).png
IMG_3366 (resized).JPG
IMG_1219 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#100 3 years ago

I think it will be based on original and coincide with the 40th Anniversary. Stern will have to use the already approved licensed art. The Death Star will be a main toy, and I think we may see Stern integrate the LCD on the playfield for the first time.

SW 40th Rendition.jpg

#198 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Suspect it also Richie so I also suspect it might have three flippers, which Im never keen on.

Are you pulling my chain or my finger? Third flippers are awesome! I am hoping it has four flippers!

SW pulling my finger.jpg

#213 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Any news on how much the LE's & SLEs are likely to be?

Honestly I don't even think we should mention SLE ever again. Don't indicate to Stern that the SLE idea is viable and a good idea. The whole SLE idea needs to be laid to rest. Stick with the basics and if you want something special buy a LE or Premium-please Stern 'NO MORE SLE'S!'

3 weeks later
#402 3 years ago

May 25th 1977

40 Years today-Wow I am getting old!

Happy Anniversary to Star Wars

4 weeks later
#505 3 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

This was a missed opportunity of a great license.
There is no proper promotional video, yet pre-orders commenced fully and without hesitation

I have determined Stern's business model. It is called " Take it or Leave it."

Stern releases machines with no notice no insider info and you get what you get. People can bash the marketing efforts including myself but it comes down to how many units they can sell realistically. It appears like they are at capacity for production and sales are doing well. Now if sales were poor and Stern was struggling than they may opt to try a different approach for marketing their machines. For now there is a mentality of if it is not broke then don't fix it. Bad node boards, cabinets falling apart, playfields deteriorating, beta code and Stern's reply-"Take it or Leave it."

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside