Topic Stats

• 511 posts
  • 167 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Apollyon
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 54 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

princess-bride-mostly-dead-is-still-a-little-alive-but-thats-not-what-he-saidhe-distinctly-said-to-b (resized).jpg
This is not the pinball machine you are looking for.jpg
IMG_8203 (resized).JPG
Ace (resized).jpg
GOTG (resized).jpg
IMG_3066 (resized).JPG
IMG_3065 (resized).JPG
screen-capture-20 (resized).png
screen-capture-18 (resized).png
a096e93eecf1e2e9fbd09bb8c63b4a4db28581ae (resized).jpg
prem.JPG
pro.JPG
sw2.JPG
poppy (resized).png
IMG_3366 (resized).JPG
IMG_1219 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Next week Stern is rumored to announce their new Star Wars Pinball machine, May 4th to be exact (Star Wars day!).

What are your predictions, besides that Stern will sell a ton of these, for the game?

Did Stern get the license / rights for the any or all of the film's actors? I'm going to say yes for some of the main actors (Mark Hamill for example) but others (Harrison Ford) no.

Did Stern obtain any licensed music? The Star Wars theme yes but beyond that I'll guess no. Maybe Dual of the Fates for a second.

Will the game cover the prequel trilogy and original trilogy? I hope so and that you can play across all 6 film's, maybe even EP7 as well.

Will the game have original or Photoshop artwork? I'll guess original and that ZombiYeti did the artwork.

Will the LCD feature clips from the film's? I'll say yes (I hope!)

Rules? Maybe you can choose to play either as a Jedi or a Sith from game start and different rules options would exist for both. Hopefully a deep story based rule set is offered.

Custom callouts by an actor from the film's? If I'm going to guess Mark Hamill but leaning towards no (just hope it isn't TWD dude...)

SWHildebrandt1 (resized).jpg

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Two ramps, a bash toy, code at about .43, cabinet corner issues, and an SLE for 17k with Mark Hamill's signature on it.

Lol! Sadly I can see that happening...

#108 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I bet they could get Admiral Ackbar for cheap ...

Capture (resized).JPG

#179 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

3 flippers, upper right feeds a ramp like the venom ramp on spider-man except it has a diverter that leads into a hyperspace mechanism just like the mech on The Getaway sometimes, and other times it just returns to the left flipper.
Oh and I also think it will be just like TWD where it isn't really character specific, or film specific, but instead a game just set in the general Star Wars Universe, but just guessing.

Good guesses.

I'm hoping that the game will have a character / mission specific rulset based on the film's. It would be awesome to see 5 modes including a mini wizard mode for each of the 3 original films in mode ladders and then a super wizard mode for completing everything. At the start of the game you could select which film you want to play through or "jump to hyperspace" to switch between films.

#185 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

It would be pretty cool if they modeled it more after GOT and allowed you to play through the game as individual characters that had different advantages/disadvantages. Play has Han, Luke, Leia, Yoda, Obi-Wan, Chewy, etc. and you could give each character their own modes and story line.

That's a cool idea as well. Looking forward to seeing how the game leverages the LCD as well.

#235 3 years ago

Based on the announcement schedule below for past main / core Stern games (not counting Pabst Can Crusher) I think that Star Wars will be announced at anytime. Stern is averaging 3 main / core titles per year and its now been just over 4 months since the last announcement.

Jan 5th, 2015: WWE
May 7th, 2015: KISS
Sept 4th, 2015: GOT

Jan 4th, 2016: SM Vault
March 10th, 2016: GB
Sept 15th, 2016: Batman 66

Jan 4th, 2017: AS

#251 3 years ago

Tired of waiting, playing fake Star Wars pinball instead, lol. The Pinball FX2 versions has licensed music and sound effects but does not have the original actors voices. I hope Stern has the rights to use the actual actors voice lines for their game.

20170507_211032 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#271 3 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Star Wars MSRP US prices seem to be:
Pro 6100
Premium 8500
LE 10000

Wow! That's insane. So the pro is priced the same as a NIB GB pro, $5100, but the premium street price would be $7600 and the LE $8800...

#273 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

The other big question mark is how many LE's they will produce. I thought it was mentioned previously that it was going to be more than Star Trek LE which was the previous most produced LE at 799 units. My guess is 999.

That sounds like a good guess. 500 dark side LE's and 500 Jedi LE's.

#346 3 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Maybe mustang? "Donut Time" mode

Hmmm. It could very well be another Star Wars reference as there is the donut shop (Donut Heaven) in Getaway. Star Wars is rumored to be using a Getaway super charger type toy in it's game.

#405 3 years ago

Will Sterns Facebook page go dark within the next couple of hours?

#435 3 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

GB is a keeper.

It's easily one of Sterns best games in my opinion, especially the premium. I hope that Star Wars is as loaded of a pin, if not more, then GB Premium / LE. Looking forward to the announcement.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside