• 511 posts
  • 167 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Apollyon
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

princess-bride-mostly-dead-is-still-a-little-alive-but-thats-not-what-he-saidhe-distinctly-said-to-b (resized).jpg
This is not the pinball machine you are looking for.jpg
IMG_8203 (resized).JPG
Ace (resized).jpg
GOTG (resized).jpg
IMG_3066 (resized).JPG
IMG_3065 (resized).JPG
screen-capture-20 (resized).png
screen-capture-18 (resized).png
a096e93eecf1e2e9fbd09bb8c63b4a4db28581ae (resized).jpg
prem.JPG
pro.JPG
sw2.JPG
poppy (resized).png
IMG_3366 (resized).JPG
IMG_1219 (resized).JPG

There are 511 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 11.
#1 6 years ago

Next week Stern is rumored to announce their new Star Wars Pinball machine, May 4th to be exact (Star Wars day!).

What are your predictions, besides that Stern will sell a ton of these, for the game?

Did Stern get the license / rights for the any or all of the film's actors? I'm going to say yes for some of the main actors (Mark Hamill for example) but others (Harrison Ford) no.

Did Stern obtain any licensed music? The Star Wars theme yes but beyond that I'll guess no. Maybe Dual of the Fates for a second.

Will the game cover the prequel trilogy and original trilogy? I hope so and that you can play across all 6 film's, maybe even EP7 as well.

Will the game have original or Photoshop artwork? I'll guess original and that ZombiYeti did the artwork.

Will the LCD feature clips from the film's? I'll say yes (I hope!)

Rules? Maybe you can choose to play either as a Jedi or a Sith from game start and different rules options would exist for both. Hopefully a deep story based rule set is offered.

Custom callouts by an actor from the film's? If I'm going to guess Mark Hamill but leaning towards no (just hope it isn't TWD dude...)

SWHildebrandt1 (resized).jpgSWHildebrandt1 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

Two ramps, a bash toy, code at about .43, cabinet corner issues, and an SLE for 17k with Mark Hamill's signature on it.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Two ramps, a bash toy, code at about .43, cabinet corner issues, and an SLE for 17k with Mark Hamill's signature on it.

Lol! Sadly I can see that happening...

#4 6 years ago

I predict they will cost LOTS of money

#5 6 years ago

My prediction?

Pain!

As far as the "clips from the movie" thing? Well, you have to figure most/all of the art direction on this game is going to be at the whim of the licensor, Disney. Personally, I think the game would better off without too many clips, and would be way cooler if it were like Aerosmith with all original art and animations. We've all seen those star wars clips a million times, so not sure why you'd want to see them again in your pinball machine. And the new movie clips? Getting some SWE1 flashbacks, and they ain't pretty!

#6 6 years ago

Two orbits, one with a spinner.

#7 6 years ago

I predict that there will not be one at my house. My pinball funds are at zero.

#8 6 years ago

I predict Darth Vader will be somewhere on the game this is the most legit prediction.

#9 6 years ago

$15,000 SLE

#10 6 years ago

Ship based art.

Millenium Falcon premium.

#11 6 years ago

I predict that the game will largely re-utilize one of Steve Ritchie's old layouts since nearly all of his games (besides WPT) seem to do this. My guess is that it will resemble the Getaway as I've heard the other rumor about the game having some kind of ball propulsion (supercharger?) toy in the game. I'm also going to guess that the LE/Premium will have a lower playfield similar to ACDC. So basically the game will be a cross between Getaway and ACDC.

#12 6 years ago

AND,I wonder now,since Disney owns the license for everything SW,how Stern made a deal to market Disney licensed material??

#13 6 years ago

I predict this will be the Expo 2017 release and we won't hear about it until September

#14 6 years ago

Chris Franchi (BM66 artist) on the art since his style is more likely to be approved by Disney

#15 6 years ago

I hope they get the voice actor for Jar Jar Binks to do all the voice callouts.

#16 6 years ago

I'm betting $19,995 for a SLE, Stern hasn't found the ceiling for the rich buyers yet.

Brings to mind this scene from Planes Trains and automobiles

"Anyone who would pay $50 for a cab would surely pay $75"

Also this :

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

AND,I wonder now,since Disney owns the license for everything SW,how Stern made a deal to market Disney licensed material??

Probably the same way they figured out how to do a Pirates of the Carribean and Tron license?

I guess they used the force?

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Chris Franchi (BM66 artist) on the art since his style is more likely to be approved by Disney

I think this is probably correct. Didn't Franchi announce a while back that he was doing 2 future games for Stern?

#19 6 years ago

It would be great if Franchi was doing SW but Disney sure do love their pre approved photoshopping assets

#20 6 years ago

You get a busted cab! And you get a busted cab! Everyone gets a busted cab!
04727da64b34b4b6cdf71d67bfb5d1cd_oprah-memes-blank-memesuper-oprah-giveaway-meme_640-399 (resized).jpeg04727da64b34b4b6cdf71d67bfb5d1cd_oprah-memes-blank-memesuper-oprah-giveaway-meme_640-399 (resized).jpeg

#21 6 years ago

I suspect there will be something about a Death Star.

#22 6 years ago

I don't know about predictions, but I can say with certainty that I'm fully prepared to be disappointed.

With theme execution, code, build quality & price.

#23 6 years ago

Better get that shit fixed Gary. Please and thank you.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I predict this will be the Expo 2017 release and we won't hear about it until September

I think this is half right. Based on Steve Ritchie's recent Facebook post, it sounds like he's being pushed to get it out the door.

And that's not good.

This could be Stern rushing to meet some manufactured deadline (May 4th) to announce the machine, and I'm really afraid they'll F it up like some past machines.

That being said, I think they DO announce next week, and you'll see videos of Jack Danger playing it in the Stern warehouse, but I don't think we see it in public for the first time until Expo. What else would have such an impact for that show if not SW?

#25 6 years ago

How sad. This would have been an automatic buy for me two years ago. Now not so much. I will wait it out on the secondary market and I am willing to pay a premium in that market if the game is truly awesome. Otherwise I will just pick up some of the underrated games cheap that people are dumping to buy this.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Otherwise I will just pick up some of the underrated games cheap that people are dumping to buy this.

This never actually happens.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I think this is half right. Based on Steve Ritchie's recent Facebook post, it sounds like he's being pushed to get it out the door.

"Take all the time you want Steve! It's 1990 and you can spend a year and as much money as you want developing your game!"

I wouldn't be alarmed. Steve has continued to make good pinball machines with the limited time and resources he's afforded by Stern in the 21st century.

#28 6 years ago

With Stern's new LCD, they're probably going to have to pay up for each clip. Can't be cheap with Star Wars/Disney. I'm predicting some disappointment here.

Otherwise, probably another Steve Ritchie formula playfield. Rumor is there's going to be a hyperdrive. Likely will be similar to the supercharger in Getaway.

#29 6 years ago

I predict I'll ship my pants when they announce the pricing. I'll probably ship them from K-Mart.

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

"Take all the time you want Steve! It's 1990 and you can spend a year and as much money as you want developing your game!"
I wouldn't be alarmed. Steve has continued to make good pinball machines with the limited time and resources he's afforded by Stern in the 21st century.

As a HUGE fan of my GOT, I agree. But then there was that orbit issue I had to deal with for a year...and that Stern eventually said was "as designed" when they couldn't come up with a fix.

#31 6 years ago

Question - will there be any new Carrie Fisher call outs or voice over work?

Too soon?

#32 6 years ago

- Two LE editions
- Draws from full film universe
- A classic toy from the designer's past gets new life
- Shipping by June/July

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm betting $19,995 for a SLE,

If there's an SLE, I'll be out on the regular LE and will wait for a used premium to hit the market (assuming I even like the game).

SLEs, while certainly appealing, are more of an investment than a pinball machine. I'd rather let a $20K investment grow with stocks vs. a pinball machine that *might* be worth $30K over a similar time period (plus you have all of the maintenance/space issues ... ).

Don't get me wrong, if I had money to burn, it'd be SLE all the way, but I think SLEs hurt the overall value of LEs.

... and here I thought I'd never care about LEs, SLEs, PSLEBVLETHLEs, etc ... I need help.

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from dtowndobe:

Question - will there be any new Carrie Fisher call outs or voice over work?
Too soon?

"too soon" is usually used as a humorous or ironic addendum to a joke.

I'm not sure what the joke is here. Carrie Fisher is deceased and clearly won't be doing any more voice over work.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

"too soon" is usually used as a humorous or ironic addendum to a joke.
I'm not sure what the joke is here. Carrie Fisher is deceased and clearly won't be doing any more voice over work.

Umm yeah... well aware of her earthly status.

#36 6 years ago

Attract mode will feature a telling of The Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise.

#37 6 years ago

Super LE - $16,995
LE - $11,995
Premium $9,995

The code will be reasonably complete 24 months after the initial release.

Some games will ship with peeling decals, ghosting inserts and cracked cabinets at no additional charge.

#38 6 years ago

Dwight on code.

Quoted from jar155:

- Two LE editions
-

Light/dark side?
Who would want a light side LE versus a Darth Vader gloss black le?

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from dtowndobe:

Umm yeah... well aware of her earthly status.

Ah. Well next time you go with a joke please try to make it an actual joke. That's where I got confused.

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This never actually happens.

I don't know I could see KissLE for 5K in my future.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I don't know I could see KissLE for 5K in my future.

You could? Could you see one of those in my future also?

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Super LE - $16,995

That's only partially correct. You also have to send in your best reenactment video. Thankfully I've already sent mine in to get in front of the line.

#43 6 years ago

im gonna laugh so hard when they just put out a force awakens themed pin

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from AlbanyTim:

Attract mode will feature a telling of The Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise.

That would have to be available only on the Sith LE, as it's not a story that a Jedi would tell you...

#45 6 years ago

No prequels anywhere in this game. No Dual of Fates.

Of course Harrison Ford's image will be on the game. He was all over Stern's 2008 Indy pin, so he's apparently reasonable on price. Stern wasn't exactly oozing with cash back then.

Hamill for custom voice work seems reasonable, considering his background in that field.

I expect to see some kind of 2nd LCD screen or hologram like the Ecto Goggles.

And flow, flow, flow..................

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Of course Harrison Ford's image will be on the game. He was all over Stern's 2008 Indy pin, so he's apparently reasonable on price. Stern wasn't exactly oozing with cash back then.

Perhaps my memory is wrong but I recall that it was a look alike, similar to BTTF.

#47 6 years ago

mesa thinks weresa be disappointing!

Quoted from Yoko2una:

That's only partially correct. You also have to send in your best reenactment video. Thankfully I've already sent mine in to get in front of the line.
» YouTube video

Mine's done too.

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Perhaps my memory is wrong but I recall that it was a look alike, similar to BTTF.

image-1 (resized).jpgimage-1 (resized).jpg

#49 6 years ago

My prediction is people will be disappointed with the art package. Heard rumors it's not hand drawn.

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Ah, I mixed up the Indy games. The WMS one was not him.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Union, KY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bay Shore, NY
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 26.50
$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models
Plastics
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 21.50
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 511 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/share-your-star-wars-predictions?hl=trunchbull and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.