• 511 posts
  • 167 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Apollyon
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

princess-bride-mostly-dead-is-still-a-little-alive-but-thats-not-what-he-saidhe-distinctly-said-to-b (resized).jpg
This is not the pinball machine you are looking for.jpg
IMG_8203 (resized).JPG
Ace (resized).jpg
GOTG (resized).jpg
IMG_3066 (resized).JPG
IMG_3065 (resized).JPG
screen-capture-20 (resized).png
screen-capture-18 (resized).png
a096e93eecf1e2e9fbd09bb8c63b4a4db28581ae (resized).jpg
prem.JPG
pro.JPG
sw2.JPG
poppy (resized).png
IMG_3366 (resized).JPG
IMG_1219 (resized).JPG
There are 511 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 11.
#401 6 years ago
Quoted from fishbone:

Revenge of the Sith.

For me this was the best of the newer films and up there for best of the entire series, fight scenes were amazing and I liked the end sequence, it was just a great dark Star Wars film.

#402 6 years ago

May 25th 1977

40 Years today-Wow I am getting old!

Happy Anniversary to Star Wars

#403 6 years ago

Tap, tap...

Untitledswprototype (resized).pngUntitledswprototype (resized).png

#404 6 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Tap, tap...

someone spent way too much time on this joke.

#405 6 years ago

Will Sterns Facebook page go dark within the next couple of hours?

#406 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I doubt it...but I hope so!

#407 6 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Tap, tap...

If it did turn out to be a rethemed Star Trek, that would suck. I like Star Trek just fine and don't want the same game with a different art and sound package.

I mirror Aurich's sentiment that I love SR's previous games but I just hope this one has some wow in it, somewhere.

If I compare this pending release to GB in terms of buzz, it feels like we are in 'meh' territory, so far / by comparison to the run up to Ghostbusters. The days leading up to the GB reveal, folks were speculating that magnaslings might cause testicular cancer, might eat a hole in the play-field or a tear a whole in the space-time-continuum. Folks were speculating on the ecto goggles and proton beams..

Days out (potentially) from Star Wars and all we have is the hyperspace-loop stuff ala Getaway. *yawn*

I'm hoping this just means folks are better at keeping a proper trade-secret on this pin and not that the pin will be underwhelming on innovation. Cautiously optimistic...

At any rate on a different note..

Happy Anniversary Star Wars. Sending good vibes out to Carrie Fisher's family..

star-wars-portfolio-06-2017-ss10 (resized).jpgstar-wars-portfolio-06-2017-ss10 (resized).jpg
src: http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/05/star-wars-the-last-jedi-cover-portfolio
(potential light spoilers in the form of on-set photos)

#408 6 years ago

1:45pm Eastern... boooooo

Screen Shot 2017-05-25 at 1.43.42 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-05-25 at 1.43.42 PM (resized).png

#409 6 years ago

This is a fitting time and place so here's my big unveil. A friend of mine works for Disney as a special effects person. He worked on BB8 for The Force Awakens. He asked if I wanted anything made and we brainstormed and finally decided on a movie quality battle damaged Captain Phasma helmet. Here's the progress so far:

IMG_1218 (resized).JPGIMG_1218 (resized).JPG

IMG_1219 (resized).JPGIMG_1219 (resized).JPG

#410 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

This is a fitting time and place so here's my big unveil. A friend of mine works for Disney as a special effects person. He worked on BB8 for The Force Awakens. He asked if I wanted anything made and we brainstormed and finally decided on a movie quality battle damaged Captain Phasma helmet. Here's the progress so far:

THAT is cool.

#411 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

For me this was the best of the newer films...

If it was anyone other than Palpitine I would agree...so bad that guy.

EDIT: Oh jesus you meant the entire movie up agianst all the others...jesus christ what a joke.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

No...just a bunch of Pinsiders with their Schwartz's in their hands "sure aboot it" this time

#412 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

If it was anyone other than Palpitine I would agree...so bad that guy.

Hes the greatest. come on.

#413 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Hes the greatest. come on.

No he isn't NO NO NO

#414 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No he isn't NO NO NO

Oh but he is, I love his "no's big fan.

#415 6 years ago

Maybe Gary just wants to announce Star wars on his birthday... June 12th...

Thankfully the delay is giving me more time to make room for it in the basement, if another pin ends up in the living room I may be looking for a new place to live...

#416 6 years ago

I have been told by a reliable source that the release date will be the 6th of June.
Hope it's correct!

#417 6 years ago

After all the dates that have come and gone, the only reliable prediction I can make at this point is that the game will be out sometime this year.

#418 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

After all the dates that have come and gone,

Made up dates...like Jaws Release...and maiden...and blah blah fucking blah

Quoted from TheLaw:

No...just a bunch of Pinsiders with their Schwartz's in their hands "sure aboot it" this time

#419 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Made up dates...like Jaws Release...and maiden...and blah blah fucking blah

But they had it from a reliable source. They said so.

#420 6 years ago

My prediction: I'm buying one.

#421 6 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

I have been told by a reliable source that the release date will be the 6th of June.
Hope it's correct!

Heard this also and K man says 800 LE, one edition.

#422 6 years ago

So I'm not reading through this thread but I heard the Star Wars Sle cabinet will be shaped like a fighter from the movie...

#423 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Heard this also and K man says 800 LE, one edition.

My distro says it looks like 2 editions.

#424 6 years ago
Quoted from visi0n:

If I compare this pending release to GB in terms of buzz, it feels like we are in 'meh' territory, so far / by comparison to the run up to Ghostbusters. The days leading up to the GB reveal, folks were speculating that magnaslings might cause testicular cancer, might eat a hole in the play-field or a tear a whole in the space-time-continuum. Folks were speculating on the ecto goggles and proton beams..

I think the biggest difference I that GB has some actual leaks with photos and real "proof" that it was coming. With nothing at all concrete on Star Wars it is just feeling like the speculation we see with hundreds of other "ideas". Is it real? We all hope and think so but there is still that level of doubt that keeps many from getting involved.

Some speculated that Stern put the GB leaks out to help promote. If only they could be so smart... a few nuggets of real information on Star Wars could go a long way in hyping the machine. But if there were leaks would pinside remove them anyways like they did with GB?

#425 6 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

Hope it's correct!

Straight up release? Not announce?

#426 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

My distro says it looks like 2 editions.

IMG_3366 (resized).JPGIMG_3366 (resized).JPG

#427 6 years ago

I predict a teaser today via FB and pinside will go stumbling all over themselves today in a frenzy.

#428 6 years ago

I would very much like a teaser, I want to buy SW yesterday. After playing Dialed In last weekend, I may have to use the allocated funds for that if SW reveal doesn't come soon.

#429 6 years ago
Quoted from Pincrazy:

I would very much like a teaser

You mean like this?

poppy (resized).pngpoppy (resized).png

#430 6 years ago

The time is near, it is.

#431 6 years ago

Get ready for the "didn't get in the preorder list early enough to get an LE" rage. This game will be like Ghostbusters all over again. By the time it's revealed, the LE wait lists will be pretty much filled. Pinball is even more hot right now, and there's probably no license so heavy as Star Wars out there.

I've heard all sorts of things about the game, from how it looks to how it plays. While I won't be in the NIB market for this game, I hope it's a real home run and I can pick up one of the early secondhand market sales.

#432 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

This game will be like Ghostbusters all over again.

Shit I hope not...hope this one is good enough to keep

#433 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Get ready for the "didn't get in the preorder list early enough to get an LE" rage.

That's why I'm blissfully a Premium guy.

#434 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Shit I hope not...hope this one is good enough to keep

GB is a keeper.

#435 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

GB is a keeper.

It's easily one of Sterns best games in my opinion, especially the premium. I hope that Star Wars is as loaded of a pin, if not more, then GB Premium / LE. Looking forward to the announcement.

#436 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It's easily one of Sterns best games in my opinion, especially the premium. I hope that Star Wars is as loaded of a pin, if not more, then GB Premium / LE. Looking forward to the announcement.

That would be a good thing!

#437 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

You mean like this?

Exactly!

#438 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

GB is a keeper.

Wasn;t for me but we all like diff'rent stuff. Hoping SW is a good one, although I would prob have to sell my GOT to get it.
That's a tuffy.

#439 6 years ago

There it is. SW is official.

#440 6 years ago

I predict it will be announced today.

#441 6 years ago

sw2.JPGsw2.JPG
pro.JPGpro.JPG
prem.JPGprem.JPG

#442 6 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Standard fan layout.
Three pops and two top lanes in the back corner.
Two ramps.
Standups on both sides.
Bash toy feature in the middle.
Scoop hole for mode/special/extra ball/mystery
Complete the same five shots over and over to collect mountains of points.
Shot multipliers are a major part of the game.

Guys...

I pretty much called it.

a096e93eecf1e2e9fbd09bb8c63b4a4db28581ae (resized).jpga096e93eecf1e2e9fbd09bb8c63b4a4db28581ae (resized).jpg

#443 6 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

My prediction is people will be disappointed with the art package. Heard rumors it's not hand drawn.

Looks like my prediction came true. =(

#444 6 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Looks like my prediction came true. =(

Sadly, yes. That is some basic artwork.

New prediction: it will be a major seller because of the theme alone and early-adopter pinheads will jump on it (because they always do) but it won't stay in collections long.

#445 6 years ago

And once again the Premium looks better than the LE.

#446 6 years ago

After GB I gotta say it all comes down to code now. They shit the code bed on that one. Art and playfield on Star Wars is cut and paste. Nothing real special. So if everyone jumps at it based on hype, I predict code is half done and sucks and no one cares but me. Same reason I sold GBLE but I won't be burnt again.

#447 6 years ago

That looks really disappointing. It looks like one of those home-pins, with a couple Micro-machines stuck on there.

And the art - someone spent about an hour in Photoshop - and done.

Sorry to be a downer, maybe it is a case of too much buildup, but that is so underwhelming for the most anticipated theme of all time.

#448 6 years ago
Quoted from Vongoosewink:

That looks really disappointing. It looks like one of those home-pins, with a couple Micro-machines stuck on there.
And the art - someone spent about an hour in Photoshop - and done.
Sorry to be a downer, maybe it is a case of too much buildup, but that is so underwhelming for the most anticipated theme of all time.

Nope I think you're pretty spot on. The cabs I like. The PF? Ahhh...big nope.

#449 6 years ago

I think JJP and Dialed In are gonna love the first look at this release. Looks squeaky cheap but I assume the price will not be.

#450 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

After GB I gotta say it all comes down to code now. They shit the code bed on that one. Art and playfield on Star Wars is cut and paste. Nothing real special. So if everyone jumps at it based on hype, I predict code is half done and sucks and no one cares but me. Same reason I sold GBLE but I won't be burnt again.

GB is awesome!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 10.95
$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 511 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/share-your-star-wars-predictions/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.