New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 187393)

Share your Star Wars predictions!

By PanzerFreak

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 511 posts
  • 167 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Apollyon
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 54 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

princess-bride-mostly-dead-is-still-a-little-alive-but-thats-not-what-he-saidhe-distinctly-said-to-b (resized).jpg
This is not the pinball machine you are looking for.jpg
IMG_8203 (resized).JPG
Ace (resized).jpg
GOTG (resized).jpg
IMG_3066 (resized).JPG
IMG_3065 (resized).JPG
screen-capture-20 (resized).png
screen-capture-18 (resized).png
a096e93eecf1e2e9fbd09bb8c63b4a4db28581ae (resized).jpg
prem.JPG
pro.JPG
sw2.JPG
poppy (resized).png
IMG_3366 (resized).JPG
IMG_1219 (resized).JPG

There are 511 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 11.
#301 3 years ago

And, back to Star Wars....

#302 3 years ago

I have to say. The lack of official news is predictable but sad. This franchise is an opportunity to really get some publicity. It makes me think that the game is too far away to reveal. I'd like to just see the darn thing.

#303 3 years ago

Yeah. (Crickets chirping...)

#304 3 years ago

<sarcasm>
My prediction is a retheme of the TFLE playfield with light side jedi and dark side sith in place of the autobots and decepticons.

Giant plastic luke you get to hit in the balls like optimus
Megatron scoop is replaced with deathstar firing balls out with green led to simulate deathstar laser beam
Jarjar binks is on left ramp like starscream

</sarcasm>

Hahahha

#305 3 years ago

Told my wife Star Wars was likely to be my next purchase if it's done well

She asked if I was selling a game to make room for it

I replied Bishop Bullwinkle style

#307 3 years ago

That was shared earlier by someone else. Might have been a week or so ago.

#308 3 years ago

I predict the dude with heavy asthma all dressed in black armor with buttons and shit, with robot legs, robot arms and burnt to a crisp is the dad of the dude dressed in a white bath robe who learned to be a Jedi in like 2 weeks...

#309 3 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

That was shared earlier by someone else. Might have been a week or so ago.

Yes, but back then, it was A New Hope. Now it's just hope.

#310 3 years ago

I would imagine that the reasoning behind the lack of news on new releases is to promote sales of current games, like gb?

Also if there is good future news ever really on new games from stern, is it sterns policy to not say anything or the licensers, I wonder.

I think the lack of transparency is a miss on creating hype. And a miss on publicity. In my opinion.

#311 3 years ago

My prediction is this will be the best Richie game

#312 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

My prediction is this will be the best Richie game

It'd have to beat IJ.

#313 3 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

It'd have to beat IJ.

Different Ritchie.

#314 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Different Ritchie.

Congrats you got the joke.

#315 3 years ago

Star Wars pin code named Donut. Death Star and Millennium Falcon toys on playfield.

#316 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Starwars zero chance for a widebody.
Jaws... never going to happen.
Al the same modes ?, how to kill a shark?.
The same Annoying music over and over again tada tada tada.
Stop asking for jaws here at pinside call Gary Stern.

please don't you will probably give him the idea to do a sharknado pin!
we want star wars!!!!

#317 3 years ago

Star wars is there next release and steve will knock it out of the park

#318 3 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

» YouTube video

Now that is some funny shit.
My wife is still laughing.

#319 3 years ago
Quoted from mighteagle:

Star wars is there next release and steve will knock it out of the park

you mean knock it out of the galaxy, far far away...

#321 3 years ago

My guess, a Rogue One game considering not much of the new trilogy material to work with yet. Then again, a rehash of another 4-6 game most likely.

#322 3 years ago

Its gonna have a big pic of Jar Jar Binks in the middle of the PF.

#323 3 years ago

Really...can't believe he didn't know that.

#324 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Different Ritchie.

Any pinball Ritchie is ok.

Ron-Howard (resized).jpg

#325 3 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

» YouTube video

Tell her your selling the couch to make room for three more.

#326 3 years ago

So, just trying to round up the rumors as we have them right now -

Am I missing anything in the current rumors for a Star Wars Pin from Stern?

A Pro Model, estimated around $5900, July-August Timeframe
A Premium Model, estimated around $8300, September Timeframe
An LE Model, estimated around $9800, August - September Timeframe

Steve Ritchie on Design

Possibly a 40th Anniversary pin; based on Star Wars in general or emphasizing the original trilogy characters more than the new trilogy characters. Expecting a ball-accelerating magnet toy, (hyperspace) - something akin to HS2 Getaway's Supercharger.

Any rumors on art and code?
Any other good rumors regarding features?

..Current speculation sounds like some dists are expecting an announcement within a week or two. Maybe on May 25th to commemorate the 40th anniversary of SW EP4 but maybe just whenever Stern feels damned well like it is time to start printing money..

Any other juicy rumors out there on this pin? Started to get stoked but mostly wondering how to spend my pinball money in June. Seems like whenever these hyped releases come out, a bunch of money gets vacuumed out of the limited pool of buyers and makes it a great time to pick up classics and grails outside of the hype zone.

#327 3 years ago
Quoted from visi0n:

A Pro Model, estimated around $5900,

5900 would be 300 under Aerosmith MSRP...unless you meant street price and I wouldn't believe that.

#328 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

5900 would be 300 under Aerosmith MSRP...unless you meant street price and I wouldn't believe that.

Are you buying games based on MSRP? You can get an Aerosmith at list for $5700, less if you shop around or have a good relationship with a dist. I think those were loosely based on some european pricelist that was posted earlier, so probably representative of street, backwards adjusted for currency conversion and ~$250 to get them over the pond.

#329 3 years ago
Quoted from visi0n:

Are you buying games based on MSRP?

I'm trying to figure out where you got this 5900 number and what it means. I'm trying to figure out if you mean this machine is going to cost over $700 more than the last release. List price is MSRP and no one pays it...no one smart.

#330 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm trying to figure out where you got this 5900 number and what it means. I'm trying to figure out if you mean this machine is going to cost over $700 more than the last release. List price is MSRP and no one pays it...no one smart.

Again.. rumors not fact, and deriving numbers from another poster, so who the hell knows...

Post on page six of this thread:

Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Some info posted on our Belgian forum (source seems German, prices are euro)
Vorankündigung!!!
Vorbestellungen ab sofort!!!
Stern Flipper Star Wars Pro mit LCD (Juli August 2017) Euro 5480,-- (6576,-- inkl. MwSt)
Stern Flipper Star Wars Premium mit LCD (September 2017) Euro 7680,-- (9216,-- inkl. MwSt)
Stern Flipper Star Wars LE mit LCD (August September 2017) Euro 8980,-- (10776,-- inkl. MwSt)
Stern Flipper AC/DC Pro Vault Edition (Juli August 2017) Euro 5150,-- (6180,-- inkl. MwSt)
Stern Flipper AC/DC Premium Vault Edition (August 2017) Euro 7150,-- (8580,-- inkl. MwSt)

Assuming that's legit (might not be or might have someone's pricing variance baked in)

So, I don't know what the price difference is to our friends on the other side of the pond but if I look at this AC/DC price (5150eu), that's $5792.12 in USD. The actual (public) street price for AC/DC Pro was $5,595.00 USD

$5792-$5595 = $197, so I assume our EU brethren pay at minimum $200 more before VAT for a game after it goes over the pond.
I rounded that up to $250 average because the same ratio applied to the AC/DC premium price estimate here compared to US street prices is $850 price difference.

So speculated star wars price from above ($5480 eu x at current exchange rate = $6162USD, according to the googles) for a SW Pro. $6162 - $250 Atlantic Container boatride = $5912. I'm assuming that guys' pricing was street pricing as well, so street for street, seems like a price bump for SW, which wouldn't really surprise me.

Again, though - speculation atop another pinsider's rumor'd post. I think the price discussion is by far the most yawn-worthy, I'm more interested in hearing what folks are hearing will be in the game. It's always interesting to see how those play out, what rumored features make it in the game, what rumored features didn't - or never intended to.

#331 3 years ago

Next week announcement.

#332 3 years ago

They were making a lot of wiring harnesses for a pin named Donut at Stern last week. Possible preproduction models or samples being built or getting set for a build in quantity when this pin gets officially announced...

#333 3 years ago
Quoted from BlueIrocGuy:

They were making a lot of wiring harnesses for a pin named Donut at Stern last week.

Probably going to shock us all with tsppve. Lol. Can't wait any longer to see SW. AS keeps tempting my pinball funds.

#334 3 years ago

Hmmm.... there was a populated playfield nearby that said Star Wars. Unfortunately, it didn't say if it was pro, premium or otherwise....

#335 3 years ago
Quoted from BlueIrocGuy:

They were making a lot of wiring harnesses for a pin named Donut at Stern last week. Possible preproduction models or samples being built or getting set for a build in quantity when this pin gets officially announced...

TSPP VE!!!!

IMG_7994 (resized).JPG

#336 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Probably going to shock us all with tsppve. Lol. Can't wait any longer to see SW. AS keeps tempting my pinball funds.

Doh, konghusker got in first

#337 3 years ago

I'd definitely be interested in a VE of this title! Maybe some new artwork and a few more modes?

#338 3 years ago
Quoted from BlueIrocGuy:

I'd definitely be interested in a VE of this title! Maybe some new artwork and a few more modes?

Imagine TSPP on Spike2 with new colour screen and decent sound!!! Unlikely, but we can only dream

#339 3 years ago

Gut feeling. This will be one of Steve's best pins yet. And he has a long line of pins.

LTG : )

#340 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I heard it'll be inline w/AS pricing (maybe $200 more) and have some cool uses of technology in it. Not sure what that means, though.

#341 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I heard it'll be inline w/AS pricing (maybe $200 more) and have some cool uses of technology in it. Not sure what that means, though.

Well I got $100 down on it...buuuut I also have a Dialed In on order...so if they could just push SW back for a long time I'd be OK with that. Trust me I NEED both of these kidneys.

#342 3 years ago

Donut: Princess Leia's hair in A New Hope

#343 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Gut feeling. This will be one of Steve's best pins yet. And he has a long line of pins.
LTG : )

Steve is a legend, a pinball god. I don't mean to disparage him at all, nothing he does or doesn't do will ever change that.

But I hope he does something different and surprises us compared to his recent games.

It feels like he's taken to heart his rep for king of flow and just keeps recycling his basic ideas now. AC/DC, Spider-Man, Star Trek, all good games, but kinda the same too. Same ideas, same fan layout, just remixed a bit. See the whole T2/AC/DC comparison.

GOT was a little different. But upper playfield not a huge success with people it seems.

Would love to see a little more of that Ritchie magic. Break out something he's been scheming on for a while. Surprise us.

#344 3 years ago
Quoted from BlueIrocGuy:

Maybe mustang? "Donut Time" mode

#345 3 years ago

I don't believe in a TSPP VE.

TSPP ist old Whitestar technology. I don' t think that they have lot's of Whitestar boards in stock or would produce new ones.
And a conversion would be too cost intensive.

VE is just a cashcow.

#346 3 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Hmmm. It could very well be another Star Wars reference as there is the donut shop (Donut Heaven) in Getaway. Star Wars is rumored to be using a Getaway super charger type toy in it's game.

#347 3 years ago

IMG_7996 (resized).JPG

#348 3 years ago

Hmm...

Screen Shot 2017-05-23 at 7.46.36 AM (resized).png

#349 3 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Fate of the Furious?

#350 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Hmmm. It could very well be another Star Wars reference as there is the donut shop (Donut Heaven) in Getaway. Star Wars is rumored to be using a Getaway super charger type toy in it's game.

Great call Panzer

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Warren, PA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fayetteville, NC
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 78.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 511 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 11.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside