By PanzerFreak

2 months ago

Stats

• 511 posts
  • 167 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Apollyon
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 54 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

princess-bride-mostly-dead-is-still-a-little-alive-but-thats-not-what-he-saidhe-distinctly-said-to-b (resized).jpg
This is not the pinball machine you are looking for.jpg
IMG_8203 (resized).JPG
Ace (resized).jpg
GOTG (resized).jpg
IMG_3066 (resized).JPG
IMG_3065 (resized).JPG
screen-capture-20 (resized).png
screen-capture-18 (resized).png
a096e93eecf1e2e9fbd09bb8c63b4a4db28581ae (resized).jpg
prem.JPG
pro.JPG
sw2.JPG
poppy (resized).png
IMG_3366 (resized).JPG
IMG_1219 (resized).JPG

There are 511 posts in topic. You are on page 6 of 11.
#251 50 days ago

Tired of waiting, playing fake Star Wars pinball instead, lol. The Pinball FX2 versions has licensed music and sound effects but does not have the original actors voices. I hope Stern has the rights to use the actual actors voice lines for their game.

20170507_211032 (resized).jpg

#252 50 days ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

Perhaps they will hold off on a Star Wars Pinball machine reveal until December to coincide with the release of The Last Jedi. Like others have said, that way they don't cut into sales for Aerosmith. The other advantage of waiting is they can get it right the first time, instead of shipping something that is incomplete.

We hope so! Give us some time to save some more money!

#253 50 days ago

I also tired of waiting for "the real one", but i can play my own version.

IMG_20170423_212355 (resized).jpg

#254 49 days ago

As long as it's not the Holliday Special themed with Bea Arthur lol

the-star-wars-holiday-special (resized).jpg

#255 49 days ago

Anyone who thinks they are going to delay Star Wars till December, and have no other games out to avoid cutting into Areosmith's sales, has Bantha fodder for brains, and Nerf herding as an occupation.

#256 46 days ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

I also tired of waiting for "the real one", but i can play my own version.

hi Wil, more pictures and info please!
love your medievel castle creation!!!

#257 46 days ago
Quoted from Underspin:

JJ Abrams was handed the (arguably) two most beloved SciFi franchises in history. He succeeded in updating and jump starting each of them. Yes they're a little dumbed down but in the end enjoyable to watch...and Fing profitable which is what the studios like. JJ has balls of steel IMHO

Then in Rogue 1 they really drove the PC home with the blind asian who may or may not be gay. Full disclosure I liked Rogue 1

I think Abrams did a great job with both franchises. Really, I'm not sure he could have checked all the boxes much better than he did to revitalize both franchises. Tough job for anyone.

On the diversity topic, there is a bit of anti-PC sentiment out there currently I think. Personally, I see nothing wrong with inclusion of some diversity. All of us that are middle-aged white people tend to notice it the most and call it "PC" but maybe it's a modest attempt to represent the fact that all the freakin' people on the planet are not middle-aged white guys. More power to them I say. I don't feel threatened. I enjoy the diversity of people.

#258 46 days ago

That's all well and good but do t do it for the sake of being PC. Also, why would people in a galaxy far far away have a English accent?

#259 46 days ago
Quoted from zr11990:

That's all well and good but do t do it for the sake of being PC. Also, why would people in a galaxy far far away have a English accent?

Or an American accent for that matter! Harrison Ford casting was first-wave PC casting at its worst ...

#260 46 days ago

and why would Stern release rock and roll pins back to back? I don't think the ACDC then Star Wars rumor is true.

#261 41 days ago

Some info posted on our Belgian forum (source seems German, prices are euro)

Vorankündigung!!!
Vorbestellungen ab sofort!!!

Stern Flipper Star Wars Pro mit LCD (Juli August 2017) Euro 5480,-- (6576,-- inkl. MwSt)
Stern Flipper Star Wars Premium mit LCD (September 2017) Euro 7680,-- (9216,-- inkl. MwSt)
Stern Flipper Star Wars LE mit LCD (August September 2017) Euro 8980,-- (10776,-- inkl. MwSt)
Stern Flipper AC/DC Pro Vault Edition (Juli August 2017) Euro 5150,-- (6180,-- inkl. MwSt)
Stern Flipper AC/DC Premium Vault Edition (August 2017) Euro 7150,-- (8580,-- inkl. MwSt)

#262 40 days ago

curious if this means 1 LE or they just show 1 LE for the price but there are actually 2 models (Dark / Light)

#263 40 days ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Some info posted on our Belgian forum (source seems German, prices are euro)
Vorankündigung!!!
Vorbestellungen ab sofort!!!
Stern Flipper Star Wars Pro mit LCD (Juli August 2017) Euro 5480,-- (6576,-- inkl. MwSt)
Stern Flipper Star Wars Premium mit LCD (September 2017) Euro 7680,-- (9216,-- inkl. MwSt)
Stern Flipper Star Wars LE mit LCD (August September 2017) Euro 8980,-- (10776,-- inkl. MwSt)
Stern Flipper AC/DC Pro Vault Edition (Juli August 2017) Euro 5150,-- (6180,-- inkl. MwSt)
Stern Flipper AC/DC Premium Vault Edition (August 2017) Euro 7150,-- (8580,-- inkl. MwSt)

How does this compare to current pricing in Germany?

#264 40 days ago
Quoted from cooked71:

How does this compare to current pricing in Germany?

for The Netherlands (same as Germany) it's about 160-180 Euro more for the prem models and around 490-580 euro more for the LE (Star Wars models compared to Aerosmith models)

But will also depend on Euro vs Dollar

#265 40 days ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

for The Netherlands (same as Germany) it's about 160-180 Euro more for the prem models and around 490-580 euro more for the LE (Star Wars models compared to Aerosmith models)

Ouch (re the LE).

#266 40 days ago

I'm cuious to see how VE's sell moving FW now that LCD's are here.

No way I'd pay $6,500-$7,000 for an ACDC premium then another $400 for a color DMD

IMO they need an all new art package to offset the high price & red DMD. Current art on ACDC is F'n terrible. I always think about that review video where the guys says "The art looks like a TGI Fridays resturant full of random shit & non matching fonts" lol

#267 40 days ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

And IF there's a video mode, it needs to be this...

Nice, I played this at a Barcade just a week ago. It's fun.

#268 40 days ago
Quoted from PW79:

I'm cuious to see how VE's sell moving FW now that LCD's are here.
No way I'd pay $6,500-$7,000 for an ACDC premium then another $400 for a color DMD

ha
we pay for a Premium

9514,791 US-Dollar !!!

#269 40 days ago

Star Wars MSRP US prices seem to be:

Pro 6100
Premium 8500
LE 10000

#270 40 days ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Pro 6100
Premium 8500
LE 10000

If that's the case than the Pro MSRP is $99 less than Aerosmith. At least the Pro price doesn't appear to be going up.
Here's Aerosmith for comparison
Pro $6199
Premium $ 7899
LE $8999

The Premium and LE seem roughly the same as BM66.

#271 40 days ago

Pro 6100
Premium 8500
LE 10000

Wow! That's insane. So the pro is priced the same as a NIB GB pro, $5100, but the premium street price would be $7600 and the LE $8800...

#272 40 days ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Wow! That's insane. So the pro is priced the same as a NIB GB pro, $5100, but the premium street price would be $7600 and the LE $8800...

The other big question mark is how many LE's they will produce. I thought it was mentioned previously that it was going to be more than Star Trek LE which was the previous most produced LE at 799 units. My guess is 999.

#273 40 days ago
Quoted from MikeS:

The other big question mark is how many LE's they will produce. I thought it was mentioned previously that it was going to be more than Star Trek LE which was the previous most produced LE at 799 units. My guess is 999.

That sounds like a good guess. 500 dark side LE's and 500 Jedi LE's.

#274 40 days ago

or may be LEGO Star Wars

#275 40 days ago

You can't just convert Euro's to US dollars and the get the price Stern will charge.

Stern jacks them up oversees.

I expect something similar to Areosmith, maybe slightly higher across the tiers.

#276 40 days ago

If the Pro stays in the same price range and the Prem/LE's get jacked up in price, that may suggest that the Pro will lack a boat load of features the Prem/LE's will have.

#277 40 days ago

What's the chances of a Wide Body Star Wars ? or are they saving that for JAWS ? .... "You're gonna need a bigger playfield"

jaws_of_hoth____jaws___star_wars___by_rabittooth-d5w3frf (resized).jpg

#278 40 days ago

What did all the Aerosmith le machines sell for best price? I would assume it should be similar.

#279 40 days ago
Quoted from mrclean:

What's the chances of a Wide Body Star Wars ? or are they saving that for JAWS ? .... "You're gonna need a bigger playfield"

My guess is 0.000000000001% chance it's a widebody.

#280 40 days ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Maybe the prem and LE are packed and the pro will be empty from a feature standpoint. $2500 between the pro and premium is a huge jump. On the LE side I can see 1200 in bling.

#281 40 days ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

If the Pro stays in the same price range and the Prem/LE's get jacked up in price, that may suggest that the Pro will lack a boat load of features the Prem/LE's will have.

Not necessary...

#282 40 days ago
Quoted from T-800:

My guess is 0.000000000001% chance it's a widebody.

I'll take the under.

#283 40 days ago

pasted_image (resized).png

#284 40 days ago

I guess they are going 400 Dark Side and 400 Jedi regarding LE #s

#285 40 days ago

I think a LE wookie version would be great too where the cabinet is covered with a brown shag rug.

#286 40 days ago
Quoted from mittens:

I think a LE wookie version would be great too where the cabinet is covered with a brown shag rug.

Are you saying that the next problem at stern will be mold on the cabinets ?

#287 40 days ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Are you saying that the next problem at stern will be mold on the cabinets ?

Rug would do a nice job concealing cracked cab corners. But then you've got fleas to contend with ...

#289 39 days ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I hear this is the new toy:
https://www.facebook.com/odditymall/videos/1349885551763978/

We're living in the future!

#290 39 days ago

You know there's going to be a SLE for $15k too. No way they are going to miss out on that cash cow.

#291 39 days ago
Quoted from Damonator:

You know there's going to be a SLE for $15k too.

No sign that is happening.

LTG : )

#292 39 days ago

July announcement.

#293 39 days ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Starwars zero chance for a widebody.
Jaws... never going to happen.
Al the same modes ?, how to kill a shark?.
The same Annoying music over and over again tada tada tada.
Stop asking for jaws here at pinside call Gary Stern.

#294 38 days ago

Really curious about an actual chance of a release soon now that acdc was announced. Hope it's not months away still.

#295 38 days ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Jaws... never going to happen.

Stern used the logo on the shirts they sold at Expo. So they have some license rights. I wouldn't rule Jaws out.

#296 38 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Stern used the logo on the shirts they sold at Expo. So they have some license rights. I wouldn't rule Jaws out.

I mean, who DOESN'T want Richard Dreyfuss on a pin?

#297 38 days ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I mean, who DOESN'T want Richard Dreyfuss on a pin?

Mr Holland's Orifice is an LE buy for me.

#298 38 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Mr Holland's Orifice is an LE buy for me.

Or Stakeout LE. With Madeline Stowe on the backglass, Dreyfuss just a small pic in the corner.

#299 38 days ago

Or Stakeout LE.

Oh that actually was a good one. I can always use more Emilio in my life.

#300 38 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Oh that actually was a good one. I can always use more Emilio in my life.

Emilio a small pic in the other corner.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 21.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
Apparel - Unisex
Double Danger Pinball
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 12.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 59.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 200.00
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Electronics
nvram.weebly.com
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 6.00
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 12.95
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 5.00
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
There are 511 posts in topic. You are on page 6 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.