• 511 posts
  • 167 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Apollyon
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

princess-bride-mostly-dead-is-still-a-little-alive-but-thats-not-what-he-saidhe-distinctly-said-to-b (resized).jpg
This is not the pinball machine you are looking for.jpg
IMG_8203 (resized).JPG
Ace (resized).jpg
GOTG (resized).jpg
IMG_3066 (resized).JPG
IMG_3065 (resized).JPG
screen-capture-20 (resized).png
screen-capture-18 (resized).png
a096e93eecf1e2e9fbd09bb8c63b4a4db28581ae (resized).jpg
prem.JPG
pro.JPG
sw2.JPG
poppy (resized).png
IMG_3366 (resized).JPG
IMG_1219 (resized).JPG
There are 511 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 11.
#201 6 years ago

I predict Star Wars will out sell Dialed In 10x over

#202 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Unkar did have her hand, but that doesn't mean she's Han and Leai's child. Someone left her there, but that's all we know. Han specifically states the Falcon was stolen, so no, it wasn't left for her. Han has no idea who she is. People who want to believe that theory are seeing what they want too.
And you're forgetting that when Rey is captured by Kylo, it's Finn who's freaking out. Han kinda blows him off a little because he's just seen his son. If Rey was his daughter and he knew it, he's be much more concerned.

Ok...but do think anyone of them know that "The Force Awakens" sucked balls?

#203 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

$936 million domestic, 2 billion worldwide, A+ from Cinemscore and a 92% on Rotten Tomatoes disagrees with you.

#204 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

TFA was exactly what it needed to be which was a re-tread of the original you know the film that captivated generations. After Lucas screwed up the prequels the Star Wars franchise needed some damaged control plus how do you get a whole new audience to fall in love with the franchise as well as get the generations that already love Star Wars into theatre seats - you reimagine the original and the story they already love.

As far as the Pinball goes I'd love to see 4 flippers and the rumoured supercharger mech transfer under and over the playfield, might as well take the super charger to new levels literally. Just having a mech that looks the same as the super charger in HS2 would be a little dissapointing.

#205 6 years ago

Any news on how much the LE's & SLEs are likely to be?

#206 6 years ago

Answered in the other thread you asked this in, if they go the SLE route I would imagine pricing would be in line with BM66. However last i saw posted was its going to be Pro/Prem/LE guess they might add a SLE but would Stern really want to miss out on all the Pro sales from OPs?

#207 6 years ago

predictions;

the game will cost more, even more with the extreme super dupper limited editions of 1000, pro will look like a zizzle, premium like a pro, artwork with photoshop collage, Qc will be the same, code will be finished in 2 years.
it will be the best game ever made (until the next one). finally, people will line up to buy it.

#208 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

...but would Stern really want to miss out on all the Pro sales from OPs?

Nope

#209 6 years ago

I would think that if something was coming out on the 4th, they would have thrown a tease out by now? They have done that in the past.

#210 6 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

I would think that if something was coming out on the 4th, they would have thrown a tease out by now? They have done that in the past.

They wont have teased anything yet as the tease very well could be what's coming on the 4th.

#211 6 years ago

.....my predictions?

Well its a Ritchie pin, so I expect it to walk like a duck and quack like a duck.

We know all his games, and I am hoping for some breakthrough influence.

3 Levels, 6 flippers, doesnt matter, just something different, cool, and well supported.

I am a bit afraid, with all do respect, that people have had to say...."Steve, Its Star Wars....Not Star Trek!"

Somewhere, a wrong element of Star Trek or Non Star Wars art will slip in.

The game will play smooth as butter, with great shots.....Steve does this well.

I wish for lightning in a Jar, something innovative, and a quality release without drama....

I hope it doesnt, "Taste like Chicken"

#212 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

$936 million domestic, 2 billion worldwide, A+ from Cinemscore and a 92% on Rotten Tomatoes disagrees with you.

Box office is nonsense, check out the numbers on "The Titanic". I shudder to think how many poor men had to sit through that torturous celluloid. Force Awakens was a dumbed down, soulless, plagiarized version of SW. The masses will consume anything with enough marketing muscle behind it. Besides with a franchise like SW, you're basically minting money.

#213 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Any news on how much the LE's & SLEs are likely to be?

Honestly I don't even think we should mention SLE ever again. Don't indicate to Stern that the SLE idea is viable and a good idea. The whole SLE idea needs to be laid to rest. Stick with the basics and if you want something special buy a LE or Premium-please Stern 'NO MORE SLE'S!'

#214 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Box office is nonsense, check out the numbers on "The Titanic". I shudder to think how many poor men had to sit through that torturous celluloid. Force Awakens was a dumbed down, soulless, plagiarized version of SW. The masses will consume anything with enough marketing muscle behind it. Besides with a franchise like SW, you're basically minting money.

Yeah, Box Office is nonsense.

Marketing only gets you the opening weekend. If your movie sucks, you will be punished brutally by the 2nd weekend. These days, with social media, maybe even by the 2nd day.

Titanic is a perfect example of excellent word of mouth TRIMPUHING over initial bad buzz.

Please, keep bringing up these examples. You're helping my argument!

#215 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Yeah, Box Office is nonsense.
Marketing only gets you the opening weekend. If your movie sucks, you will be punished brutally by the 2nd weekend. These days, with social media, maybe even by the 2nd day.
Titanic is a perfect example of excellent word of mouth TRIMPUHING over initial bad buzz.
Please, keep bringing up these examples. You're helping my argument!

I concur.

Signed,

The Transformers franchise

#216 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I shudder to think how many poor men had to sit through that torturous celluloid.

20 years of hating titanic but you never got it... You never let it in.

#217 6 years ago

Let's take bets: Who says Jared will just F with us again and make the Facebook banner go dark...before returning to the Aerosmith banner.

EDIT: Oops...wrong thread. I'll put it on the other one.

#218 6 years ago

I'm predicting Steve will surprise us with a few differences, speed, and more fun than usual.

LTG : )

#219 6 years ago

I predict no official May 4th announcement.

#220 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Let's take bets: Who says Jared will just F with us again and make the Facebook banner go dark...before returning to the Aerosmith banner.
EDIT: Oops...wrong thread. I'll put it on the other one.

Jared? Does he still work for Stern I totally forgot that guy existed other than the BBQ thing that's the last I heard of him, not good when a companies PR people are forgotten about

#221 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

While they all made tremendous amounts of money I can't figure out why. They me only the first two Star Wars movies were good. The ewoks in the third, the fourth was ok but then Jar Jar Binksnin the fifth and sixth and Anikan Skywalker being a sniveling bitch and The Force Awakens really was Star Wars light with a chic for the hero. They were not good movies to me. But the Star Trek movies with the original cast were terrible too but I paid to see every one and I still watch them.

#222 6 years ago

Wrath of Khan was terrible?

#223 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'm predicting Steve will surprise us with a few differences, speed, and more fun than usual.

Orbits around the death star? Tatooine?

#224 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Wrath of Khan was terrible?

Well, it wasn't a Star Wars movie.

#225 6 years ago

I'm surprised there has been no leaks at all. This tells me that we will not see anything tomorrow.

#226 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

...The Force Awakens really was Star Wars light with a chic for the hero.

Classic ZR line there

#227 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

But the Star Trek movies with the original cast were terrible

Star Trek II, IV, and VI did very well with hardcore fans and casual moviegoers. They're three well made films with II and VI being outstanding.

I and III are cool if you're really into Star Trek. III really grew on me over time and I always like the first one.

V appeals only to the walking braindead or people that think muffins talk to them through fish. It makes the Star Wars prequels look only bad vs downright horrible.

So, overall, only one Trek out of those six was terrible . The rest were anywhere from mediocre to outstanding.

The Next Generation movies were all abysmal. The only one I kind of enjoyed was Insurrection as it was more story driven ... The rest were predictable bores that looked more like TV episodes vs. major motion pictures.

I love the first JJ Abrams Star Trek ... His second was nowhere near as good. The third was a pleasant surprise overall ... I'm hoping they do one more that involves correcting the timeline

#228 6 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

I love the first JJ Abrams Star Trek

Shoot me now...

#229 6 years ago

The Next Generation movies were all abysmal. The only one I kind of enjoyed was Insurrection as it was more story driven ... The rest were predictable bores that looked more like TV episodes vs. major motion pictures.

Funny, of all TNG movies, Insurrection is the one that feels like a TV episode to me.

#230 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Classic ZR line there

Lol. I don't care but it is a obvious attempt by Disney to be PC by putting a woman and a black guy as the hero.
And how many times are they gonna no to build a Death Star with the same flaw for them to destroy.

#231 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

And how many times are they gonna no to build a Death Star with the same flaw for them to destroy.

How dare you? You sound like a closet Trekkie to me.

#232 6 years ago

I love the first JJ Abrams Star Trek

JJ Abrams was handed the (arguably) two most beloved SciFi franchises in history. He succeeded in updating and jump starting each of them. Yes they're a little dumbed down but in the end enjoyable to watch...and Fing profitable which is what the studios like. JJ has balls of steel IMHO

Quoted from zr11990:

...it is a obvious attempt by Disney to be PC by putting a woman and a black guy as the hero.

Then in Rogue 1 they really drove the PC home with the blind asian who may or may not be gay. Full disclosure I liked Rogue 1

#233 6 years ago

All I know is I need to hear "STAY ON TARGET" at least once when aiming for something

#234 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

All I know is I need to hear "STAY ON TARGET" at least once when aiming for something

And IF there's a video mode, it needs to be this...

vid (resized).pngvid (resized).png

#235 6 years ago

Based on the announcement schedule below for past main / core Stern games (not counting Pabst Can Crusher) I think that Star Wars will be announced at anytime. Stern is averaging 3 main / core titles per year and its now been just over 4 months since the last announcement.

Jan 5th, 2015: WWE
May 7th, 2015: KISS
Sept 4th, 2015: GOT

Jan 4th, 2016: SM Vault
March 10th, 2016: GB
Sept 15th, 2016: Batman 66

Jan 4th, 2017: AS

#236 6 years ago

I predict a hologram, maybe 2 way mirror trick like the ecto googles on GB or maybe something even technically better.

#237 6 years ago

I predict
2 flippers
2 ramps
3 bank moving target with LCD

#238 6 years ago

With the 3 moving bank rumoured maybe we will see a shakeup/reverse of the Spider-Man/ST layout with supercharger magnets in the orbits or on the venom/warp ramp?

#239 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Based on the announcement schedule below for past main / core Stern games (not counting Pabst Can Crusher) I think that Star Wars will be announced at anytime. Stern is averaging 3 main / core titles per year and its now been just over 4 months since the last announcement.
Jan 5th, 2015: WWE
May 7th, 2015: KISS
Sept 4th, 2015: GOT
Jan 4th, 2016: SM Vault
March 10th, 2016: GB
Sept 15th, 2016: Batman 66
Jan 4th, 2017: AS

Stern probably don't want to cut Aerosmith sales, you don't get much bigger when it comes to licences than Star Wars so it will certainly take sales from other titles, Aerosmith has probably been a bigger success for them than they expected so why cut off sales when Star Wars will sell anyway.

Sell 2 titles instead of 1 is probably the mentality behind the delay.

#240 6 years ago

Perhaps they will hold off on a Star Wars Pinball machine reveal until December to coincide with the release of The Last Jedi. Like others have said, that way they don't cut into sales for Aerosmith. The other advantage of waiting is they can get it right the first time, instead of shipping something that is incomplete.

#241 6 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

Perhaps they will hold off on a Star Wars Pinball machine reveal until December to coincide with the release of The Last Jedi. Like others have said, that way they don't cut into sales for Aerosmith. The other advantage of waiting is they can get it right the first time, instead of shipping something that is incomplete.

No way they will hold star wars back until December. It will be coming out very soon guaranteed!

#242 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

No way they will hold star wars back until December. It will be coming out very soon guaranteed!

Exactly! They are simply giving Aerosmith a little more time to shine before Star Wars eclipses everything else it's a a juggernaut licence.

#243 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Exactly! They are simply giving Aerosmith a little more time to shine before Star Wars eclipses everything else it's a a juggernaut licence.

I agree and while I won't be a buyer because of the fact that I just can't get into the star wars stuff, I have a feeling that this is going to be a great great game that is going to sell like crazy!

#244 6 years ago

I predict it will have an interesting flipper/slingshot layout

#245 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

I predict a hologram,

You mean something like this? IMG_0945 (resized).JPGIMG_0945 (resized).JPGIMG_0946 (resized).JPGIMG_0946 (resized).JPG

#246 6 years ago

AC/DC new artwork and then Star Wars

#247 6 years ago

AC/DC new artwork ??? Huh ???

#248 6 years ago

Looks and Plays Exactly like Stars.............

#249 6 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Home run if true. The art on the original AC/DC was atrocious.

#250 6 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

And Pro / Premium.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10.95
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 21.50
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 511 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/share-your-star-wars-predictions/page/5?hl=joncrox and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.