• 511 posts
  • 167 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Apollyon
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

princess-bride-mostly-dead-is-still-a-little-alive-but-thats-not-what-he-saidhe-distinctly-said-to-b (resized).jpg
This is not the pinball machine you are looking for.jpg
IMG_8203 (resized).JPG
Ace (resized).jpg
GOTG (resized).jpg
IMG_3066 (resized).JPG
IMG_3065 (resized).JPG
screen-capture-20 (resized).png
screen-capture-18 (resized).png
a096e93eecf1e2e9fbd09bb8c63b4a4db28581ae (resized).jpg
prem.JPG
pro.JPG
sw2.JPG
poppy (resized).png
IMG_3366 (resized).JPG
IMG_1219 (resized).JPG
There are 511 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 11.
#151 6 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Standard fan layout.
Three pops and two top lanes in the back corner.
Two ramps.
Standups on both sides.
Bash toy feature in the middle.
Scoop hole for mode/special/extra ball/mystery
Complete the same five shots over and over to collect mountains of points.
Shot multipliers are a major part of the game.

A fan layout would work, top 5 outta 6 games all time are fan layouts. Buy GB its got what you want, unusual geometry.

#152 6 years ago
Quoted from RJW:

The doors of the Heartbreak Hotel on Elvis and the ace in the hole mech on WPT aren't bash toys?
They are on upper playfield to not impact the flow but I'd still consider both of them bash toys.

Don't forget the ACDC Bell and the GOT Ram. Also don't forget the countless posts in NF that I always bash

#153 6 years ago
#154 6 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

Kylo comes back to the light.
Rey flips to the dark side and becomes the biggest baddest Sith Lord to date.

I'm 99% sure that's happening . Rey was too nice and Kylo was too conflicted .

I don't think they're siblings though.

#155 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

A fan layout would work, top 5 outta 6 games all time are fan layouts. Buy GB its got what you want, unusual geometry.

Deadly Weapon has unusual geometry.
Gold Wings has unusual geometry.
Ghostbusters is a standard fan.

I find that "popular" and "interesting" are mutually exclusive most of the time.

#156 6 years ago

How long has it been since we saw 4 ramps on a pin/from Stern?

I can think of a lot of Sterns with 3 ramps, Ghostbusters put a subway in that we hadn't seen from Stern in a long time, 4 Fast Ramps on SW would be cool.

Or split ramps like shadow that would be awesome!

#157 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Or split ramps like shadow that would be awesome!

Switch between the light and dark side of the ramp.

#158 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Switch between the light and dark side of the ramp.

Oh yes I like it great idea! Love the ramp diverters in shadow would love to see them back on modern Stern, great way to double up your ramp real estate

#159 6 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

I'm 99% sure that's happening . Rey was too nice and Kylo was too conflicted .
I don't think they're siblings though.

I figure it makes total sense. Too much coincidence that the falcon was in her back yard to fly off with.

I figure when Kylo started going loco, Han and Leia sent their other child into remote seclusion to protect her from him, and to protect the universe from her, should she start following the same path.

The stress over this decision is what broke up their marriage.

But being dumped in a junk yard on a desert planet as a little girl, and being left to fend for yourself makes the emotions a little messy.

She's clearly a gifted Jedi, she was as strong as her powerful and well trained brother the very first time she ever tried.

Two sides of the same coin. And when he returns to the light, the coin is flipped, and all that pent up sadness and confusion and loss is going to drive this very powerful Jedi to the darkest place imaginable.

#161 6 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

Rey flips to the dark side and becomes the biggest baddest Sith Lord to date.

True. I think she's a Palpatine.

IMG_1275 (resized).JPGIMG_1275 (resized).JPG

#162 6 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

I figure it makes total sense. Too much coincidence that the falcon was in her back yard to fly off with.
I figure when Kylo started going loco, Han and Leia sent their other child into remote seclusion to protect her from him, and to protect the universe from her, should she start following the same path.
The stress over this decision is what broke up their marriage.
But being dumped in a junk yard on a desert planet as a little girl, and being left to fend for yourself makes the emotions a little messy.
She's clearly a gifted Jedi, she was as strong as her powerful and well trained brother the very first time she ever tried.
Two sides of the same coin. And when he returns to the light, the coin is flipped, and all that pent up sadness and confusion and loss is going to drive this very powerful Jedi to the darkest place imaginable.

Rey and Kylo are not siblings. She was left on Jakuu at like 8. Han would have recognized her, especially since Rey mentioned she was on Jakuu. The Falcon was stolen from Han, not left conveniently for Rey.

She may be Luke's daughter, but my money is on Obi-Wan's grand-daughter. They will fill out this story when the long rumored Obi-Wan stand-alone move hits.

#163 6 years ago

3rd flipper with backwards ball path like Spidey Sense in SM and Away Team in ST, this would be a better implementation of going to the darkside maybe even have that ball path drop below to a sub-playfield.

#164 6 years ago

I would love to see 4 flippers, light side (blue) and dark side (red) upper flippers, cant remember the last time we had a 4 flipper Stern.

#165 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Rey and Kylo are not siblings. She was left on Jakuu at like 8. Han would have recognized her, especially since Rey mentioned she was on Jakuu. The Falcon was stolen from Han, not left conveniently for Rey.
She may be Luke's daughter, but my money is on Obi-Wan's grand-daughter. They will fill out this story when the long rumored Obi-Wan stand-alone move hits.

Nerd alert!

#166 6 years ago

The SLE will include a nod to "The Who's Tommy" pin via the "Blast Shield Multiball"

Review_LukeSkywalkerBlastShieldHelmetPOTF2FF_stillB (resized).jpgReview_LukeSkywalkerBlastShieldHelmetPOTF2FF_stillB (resized).jpg

#168 6 years ago

Moar boba Fett!!!!!

#169 6 years ago

Are we thinking the odds of a pro model existing are zero?

#170 6 years ago
Quoted from McSquid:

Im thinking more likely 100%. No chance Stern would miss out on that.

#171 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Im thinking more likely 100%. No chance Stern would miss out on that.

Batman66 doesnt have a pro, and Star Wars is a far more expensive license. I hope you are right

#172 6 years ago
Quoted from McSquid:

No doubt they will be promoting the higher end price models. A record number of "limited" edition versions seems a certainty.

#173 6 years ago
Quoted from McSquid:

Batman66 doesnt have a pro, and Star Wars is a far more expensive license. I hope you are right

But SW is a huge licence compared to B66. B66 wasn't classified as a "cornerstone title". They'll definitely be doing LE (and plenty of them), Prem & Pro. And maybe an SLE to milk it even further.

#174 6 years ago
Quoted from McSquid:

BM66 had the licensee & KaPow involved so BM66 could have technically been more expensive for Stern, as there was an added hand in the cookie jar.

SW will be between Stern & licensee (Disney) one less hand in the jar.

#175 6 years ago

pot2 (resized).jpgpot2 (resized).jpg

#176 6 years ago

3 flippers, upper right feeds a ramp like the venom ramp on spider-man except it has a diverter that leads into a hyperspace mechanism just like the mech on The Getaway sometimes, and other times it just returns to the left flipper.

Oh and I also think it will be just like TWD where it isn't really character specific, or film specific, but instead a game just set in the general Star Wars Universe, but just guessing.

#177 6 years ago

Nope. I'm a geek. There's a difference.

Sorta.

#178 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Don't you find it a little odd that Rey was left in Unkar's hands when she was a little girl? You can clearly hear him and see his hand grab hers in her flashback. I dont think it is too crazy to think that the Falcon was left behind for her or could have been some form of payment to Unkar to watch over Rey. If you notice Hans reaction when she says she is from Jakku, he obviously realizes who she is then. He even tries to keep her with him by offering her a "job" on the Falcon. He has some vested interest in her. If she is his daughter maybe he didnt want here knowing just to keep her safe. I mean if you dump your daughter on a desert planet to hide her form Kylo, or the New Order, you sure aren't going to come right out about it to her and push her right back into the spot light. Although she is doing a pretty good job of that herself. Plus you cant overlook the reaction Kylo has when he is told that Fin escaped with the help of "a girl". He obviously knows a bit about her history too. He didn't even flinch when she showed up with Luke's saber and immediately says "that belongs to me." Wouldn't someone that had no clue who she was wonder how she acquired it? I dont think EvanDickson theory is too far fetched.

#179 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

3 flippers, upper right feeds a ramp like the venom ramp on spider-man except it has a diverter that leads into a hyperspace mechanism just like the mech on The Getaway sometimes, and other times it just returns to the left flipper.
Oh and I also think it will be just like TWD where it isn't really character specific, or film specific, but instead a game just set in the general Star Wars Universe, but just guessing.

Good guesses.

I'm hoping that the game will have a character / mission specific rulset based on the film's. It would be awesome to see 5 modes including a mini wizard mode for each of the 3 original films in mode ladders and then a super wizard mode for completing everything. At the start of the game you could select which film you want to play through or "jump to hyperspace" to switch between films.

#180 6 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

Don't you find it a little odd that Rey was left in Unkar's hands when she was a little girl? You can clearly hear him and see his hand grab hers in her flashback. I dont think it is too crazy to think that the Falcon was left behind for her or could have been some form of payment to Unkar to watch over Rey. If you notice Hans reaction when she says she is from Jakku, he obviously realizes who she is then. He even tries to keep her with him by offering her a "job" on the Falcon. He has some vested interest in her. If she is his daughter maybe he didnt want here knowing just to keep her safe. I mean if you dump your daughter on a desert planet to hide her form Kylo, or the New Order, you sure aren't going to come right out about it to her and push her right back into the spot light. Although she is doing a pretty good job of that herself. Plus you cant overlook the reaction Kylo has when he is told that Fin escaped with the help of "a girl". He obviously knows a bit about her history too. He didn't even flinch when she showed up with Luke's saber and immediately says "that belongs to me." Wouldn't someone that had no clue who she was wonder how she acquired it? I dont think EvanDickson theory is too far fetched.

Unkar did have her hand, but that doesn't mean she's Han and Leai's child. Someone left her there, but that's all we know. Han specifically states the Falcon was stolen, so no, it wasn't left for her. Han has no idea who she is. People who want to believe that theory are seeing what they want too.

And you're forgetting that when Rey is captured by Kylo, it's Finn who's freaking out. Han kinda blows him off a little because he's just seen his son. If Rey was his daughter and he knew it, he's be much more concerned.

#181 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Ah, I mixed up the Indy games. The WMS one was not him.

The original marketing flyer for Indiana Jones TPA definitely shows Harrison Ford.

#182 6 years ago

I like a NGG style jump ramp shot to destroy the death star.

#183 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It would be awesome to see 5 modes including a mini wizard mode for each of the 3 original films in mode ladders and then a super wizard mode for completing everything.

I hope the modes are not on a ladder and linear. That gets old fast. Who wants to play 10% of the game 90% of the time? I like the idea of it, but in actual use, I dont think its very fun. Who brought the dog??

#184 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I hope the modes are not on a ladder and linear. That gets old fast. Who wants to play 10% of the game 90% of the time? I like the idea of it, but in actual use, I dont think its very fun. Who brought the dog??

It would be pretty cool if they modeled it more after GOT and allowed you to play through the game as individual characters that had different advantages/disadvantages. Play has Han, Luke, Leia, Yoda, Obi-Wan, Chewy, etc. and you could give each character their own modes and story line.

#185 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

It would be pretty cool if they modeled it more after GOT and allowed you to play through the game as individual characters that had different advantages/disadvantages. Play has Han, Luke, Leia, Yoda, Obi-Wan, Chewy, etc. and you could give each character their own modes and story line.

That's a cool idea as well. Looking forward to seeing how the game leverages the LCD as well.

#186 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That's a cool idea as well. Looking forward to seeing how the game leverages the LCD as well.

Harrison Township is where you live? Do you drive a Ford?

#187 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I like this idea. It would make for a very different and personal game everytime you played it.

#188 6 years ago

Final/secret end wizard mode:

"Journal of the Whills, 7:477."

When George Lucas first created Star Wars, he envisioned an alien race known as the Whills. Here's a quote where he describes the Whills:

"Originally, I was trying to have the story be told by somebody else; there was somebody watching this whole story and recording it, somebody wiser than the mortal players in actual events. I eventually dropped this idea, and the concepts behind the Whills turned into the Force. But the Whills became part of this massive amount of notes, quotes, background information that I used for the scripts; the stories were actually taken from the 'Journal of the Whills.'"

As a matter of fact, Lucas said that the Whills recorded the entire Star Wars saga from what they were told centuries later by R2 in a book known as the Journal of the Whills.

Now while that version of the Journal of the Whills isn't canon, the one that is canon is the one in the leak, which contains numerous poems and teachings about the Force; in a way, it can essentially be regarded as scripture for the Jedi. Some of these canonical scriptures contain phrases like "from a certain point of view", "the Force surrounds us and binds us", and all of what Chirrut recites in Rogue One right before he beats up the stormtroopers in Jedha. So basically people like Obi-Wan and Yoda were quoting scripture from the Journal of the Whills.

In regard to Episode VIII, many have speculated that the book we see in the trailer is the Journal of the Whills because of the fact that it's an ancient tome on what is presumably the first Jedi Temple ever built.

#189 6 years ago

Who's coding?

#190 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I hope not I would like Ritchie to mix up his SM/ST layout a little more for SW, so they can all sit in a lineup together and SW stand out a little.

Wasn't there a rumour the revisited turbocharger mech was going to be on the playfield as in magnets under/on the playfield and not a raised mech??

#191 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Who's coding?

Dwight.

Would be great to see a GOT style structure to the code that could be very cool and GOT has some of the best rules Dwight has put out recently.

#192 6 years ago

I would like to see a light vs. dark side where you are able to choose at the beginning, like they did on Transformers. I would also like to see select-able modes like GoT, so you don't have to play the same order all the time. I am confident being a SR design it will have flow, but I'm not sure I like the supercharge idea. I guess I will just have to wait and see how it is integrated. I would like to see hand drawn art for sure and I think that would knock it out of the park, but if it is clip art I hope it is done better than GoT.

#194 6 years ago

I predict there will be a shortage of Hallmark Christmas ornaments on Amazon and Ebay in the near future.

#195 6 years ago

It will be on the production line and sell well for the next 5+ years

#196 6 years ago

i predict a let down because we all hype such a title and are usually let down.

Suspect it also Richie so I also suspect it might have three flippers, which Im never keen on.
Dwight must be doing the code given nothing on ghostbusters for months, lyman is on batman and lonnie on aerosmith.

#197 6 years ago

It was posted a while ago by someone who often knows what's going on at Stern that Dwight had already moved onto the next title a month or two ago which probably explains why GB owners haven't seen any code since beginning/mid Jan.

#198 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Suspect it also Richie so I also suspect it might have three flippers, which Im never keen on.

Are you pulling my chain or my finger? Third flippers are awesome! I am hoping it has four flippers!

SW pulling my finger.jpgSW pulling my finger.jpg

#199 6 years ago

Money in hand, avatar updated, I'm ready to go!

I say make a Slave Leia Edition...SLE.

#200 6 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

I would like to see a light vs. dark side where you are able to choose at the beginning, like they did on Transformers....

Yes, I think this is the way to go.

FakeBG (resized).JPGFakeBG (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 511 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/share-your-star-wars-predictions/page/4?hl=nowakster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.