• 511 posts
  • 167 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Apollyon
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

princess-bride-mostly-dead-is-still-a-little-alive-but-thats-not-what-he-saidhe-distinctly-said-to-b (resized).jpg
This is not the pinball machine you are looking for.jpg
IMG_8203 (resized).JPG
Ace (resized).jpg
GOTG (resized).jpg
IMG_3066 (resized).JPG
IMG_3065 (resized).JPG
screen-capture-20 (resized).png
screen-capture-18 (resized).png
a096e93eecf1e2e9fbd09bb8c63b4a4db28581ae (resized).jpg
prem.JPG
pro.JPG
sw2.JPG
poppy (resized).png
IMG_3366 (resized).JPG
IMG_1219 (resized).JPG
There are 511 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 11.
#101 7 years ago

Not really a prediction but wish list here. Darth Vader (James Earl Jones) call outs or bust, screw Mark Hamil. If it's not a real actors voice on the call outs it will already be a disappointment. The LCD screen needs to have new and inventive art/animations, we have all seen the movies 100's of times and I don't need to see them again. Unique rule set where the player picks a path of light or dark side and depending on which path dictates a totally different game experience. Art and sound need to be top notch original scores, photoshopped art could be done if done RIGHT. I seriously doubt Disney is going to allow hand drawn art but I hope so. Lastly, pro prices as they are now $5100-5200, NO MORE INCREASES!!!

#102 7 years ago

Predict stellar 40th art package, but for LCD to detach during game play.
Further analysis will reveal defective Velcro.
Dammit Stern! Got me again!!

#103 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

The LCD screen needs to have new and inventive art/animations, we have all seen the movies 100's of times and I don't need to see them again.

Fair point indeed.

#104 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Fair point indeed.

Right. But half the people here want actual scenes. Just like half want hand drawn and the rest want photos. Like some want a bash toy and others realize sr has never used one in his life.

Here's a prediction: regardless of what they come up with, there will be more complaints than wamp rats on tattooine.

#105 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Right. But half the people here want actual scenes. Just like half want hand drawn and the rest want photos.

Well of course it's all relative (speaking of were are those jokes you promised earlier).

Yeah it could go either way...i played Aerosmith this weekend and saw all the "great animations" I've been hearing so much aboot. I was asking myself what a baseball or train or basketball had to do with anything till I realized they were toys...and i was in the attic i guess; wow masterstroke.

#106 7 years ago

Game will be expensive but cool. I like the way Stern games play. Fast and Fun build quality will be the same. So
So.

#107 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

If it's not a real actors voice on the call outs it will already be a disappointment.

I bet they could get Admiral Ackbar for cheap ...

#108 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#109 7 years ago

I really hope its not the Getaway supercharger. Such a waste of space and $.

#110 7 years ago

Original trilogy - heard it confirmed on the internet radio

#111 7 years ago

I predict that it will be built and designed with the BOM at the forefront and therefore cannot possibly live up to forum expectations.

#112 7 years ago

Another Star Wars pin I won't want.

#113 7 years ago

I reckon I'm going to be able to resist for a bit less than 12 parsecs then I'm gonna cave and get the LE

#114 7 years ago

I think its going to be great.
How great ? well....... thats wat we don't now yet.
So wait before say something stupid before we now how it looks like.

#115 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

I think its going to be great.

#116 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Lastly, pro prices as they are now $5100-5200, NO MORE INCREASES!!!

Ha! For a game people have reserved before it's even announced? The LEs are probably sold out. Hugely popular theme? Expect a bump in pricing.

#117 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Ha! For a game people have reserved before it's even announced? The LEs are probably sold out. Hugely popular theme? Expect a bump in pricing.

You're probably right unfortunately.

Maybe we'll all be pleasantly surprised...

#118 7 years ago

Love Star Wars but can't stand the new films...the association with Disney is a big detractor for me...so regardless of what this new machine boasts I will no doubt pass...

#119 7 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Love Star Wars but can't stand the new films...the association with Disney is a big detractor for me...so regardless of what this new machine boasts I will no doubt pass...

Why?

At least Disney knows how to make a Star Wars movie.....something Lucas lost a LONG time ago in a galaxy very near to us.

#120 7 years ago

my guess If they go for the 40th celebration with the original trilogy, it will be 3 different LE model artwork. One for each movie, and the premium and pro will be the trilogy.

#121 7 years ago

Star Wars pin sales will be Yuge!

#122 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Nope...
Erik Bauersfeld, Admiral Ackbar Voice Actor in 'Star Wars' Films, Dies at 93

I am guessing with the hyperdrive rumor, that we will see the millennium falcon represented!

#123 7 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

my guess If they go for the 40th celebration with the original trilogy, it will be 3 different LE model artwork. One for each movie, and the premium and pro will be the trilogy.

Didn't someone say 2 LE models either in here or another Stern related thread?

My guess would be

Jedi LE
Sith LE
Light v Dark Premium
Trilogy Pro

#124 7 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

Nope...
Erik Bauersfeld, Admiral Ackbar Voice Actor in 'Star Wars' Films, Dies at 93

Doh! Then I'm definitely out.

#125 7 years ago

We all know it will be a rehash layout..Steve likes flow and a 3rd flipper. With that said it will be a fun pinball machine. Just don't expect anything mind blowing...3 ramps, 2 orbits and a central toy. In Apu's voice: "Thank you and come again".

#126 7 years ago

I found this floating around in cyberspace. It looks totally legit judging from the layout and SRs style! It looks like a third flipper underneath the Millennium Falcon! 10/10 shut up and take my money!

prototype leakprototype leak

#127 7 years ago

LOL! Looks like someone photoshoped together Aliens, Star Trek, P2K Episode One... dropped in some random star wars photos and called it a day.

#128 7 years ago
Quoted from dri:

I found this floating around in cyberspace. It looks totally legit judging from the layout and SRs style! It looks like a third flipper underneath the Millennium Falcon! 10/10 shut up and take my money!

Mirror flipped Star Trek.

Probably not far from the truth.

#129 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

LOL! Looks like someone photoshoped together Aliens, Star Trek, P2K Episode One... dropped in some random star wars photos and called it a day.

Lol...cue Teeke...SEND MONEY NOW!

#130 7 years ago

They should have a mode where if you brick a key shot Darth lops off your hand and one of your flippers dies.

#131 7 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Its funny even has the warp in the star trek ramp mirrored and the star trek emblem still there but if that were the game I would probably be interested

#132 7 years ago

It will have a "Jabba the Hutt" mode:

Princess Leia has to keep three balls in play until she gets JACKPOT.

jabba (resized).jpgjabba (resized).jpg

#133 6 years ago

May the 4th is only a week away.... I hope there is an announcement but I'm not going to hold my breath.

#134 6 years ago

I truly hope all the call outs and artwork is something none of you expect.

I would give my left nut to watch what would happen on Pinside if the entirety of the game was based on the late 70's --Star Wars Holiday Special.

#135 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Didn't someone say 2 LE models either in here or another Stern related thread?
My guess would be
Jedi LE
Sith LE
Light v Dark Premium
Trilogy Pro

Ewok LE.

#136 6 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

May the 4th is only a week away.... I hope there is an announcement but I'm not going to hold my breath.

May the 4th be with you.

#137 6 years ago

I predict unbalanced scoring (generally low scores but death star multiball can give bazillion points) and modes based on linear ladders. I also predict that the pinside SW thread will hit 10k posts in a week after the announcement

It's like waiting for Xmas, no matter what you get it's probably not enough

#138 6 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

I would give my left nut to watch what would happen on Pinside if the entirety of the game was based on the late 70's --Star Wars Holiday Special.

Well that;s better than Menacing Phantom and people still buy that piece of shit

EDIT: Of course with all this talk someone is going to redo the audio with Holoiday Special clips.

#139 6 years ago

Asteroid Field MultiBall is a must. (with potato and shoe)
IMG_1220 (resized).JPGIMG_1220 (resized).JPGIMG_1221 (resized).JPGIMG_1221 (resized).JPG

#140 6 years ago

I'll be shocked if Stern knocks it out of the park with Star Wars.

Let's see how many of these predictions come true:

- BBH guy voiceovers
- If not BBH guy, then bad impersonators
- If neither of the above, then poorly recorded voiceovers that don't match the rest of the soundtrack
- bad photoshop collage artwork
- knockoff music that sort of resembles John Williams work, but not quite
- content other than the original trilogy
- layout that is mostly rehashed from previous games

#141 6 years ago

I'll buy the game if they insert what for my money would be the greatest callout in pinball history.

If you hold a single flipper up for five seconds, and there are no other switch hits, it would play the original Ackbar dialogue of "it's a trap!"

#142 6 years ago
Quoted from neurokinetik:

- If neither of the above, then poorly recorded voiceovers that don't match the rest of the soundtrack

Well you'd think (uff those are dangerous words when predicting anything ) that they wouldn't need voice actors anymore if you can just pull clips from the movie? No way to tell though...if you have movie clips of actors butted right up to voice impersonators that's going to be all time painful.

#143 6 years ago

Im predicting no Star Wars on May 4th and a VE soon instead.

#144 6 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#145 6 years ago

Star Wrek?

#146 6 years ago

Snoke is Darth Plagues, still alive.

Rey and Kylo are siblings.

Kylo comes back to the light.

Rey flips to the dark side and becomes the biggest baddest Sith Lord to date.

Also the Pinball will be pretty good.

#147 6 years ago

Standard fan layout.
Three pops and two top lanes in the back corner.
Two ramps.
Standups on both sides.
Bash toy feature in the middle.
Scoop hole for mode/special/extra ball/mystery
Complete the same five shots over and over to collect mountains of points.
Shot multipliers are a major part of the game.

#148 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

"too soon" is usually used as a humorous or ironic addendum to a joke.
I'm not sure what the joke is here. Carrie Fisher is deceased and clearly won't be doing any more voice over work.

Yes but she isn't really dead she is floating around somewhere as a ghost like Obi Wan and Anikin( sorry if
I missspelled the names) and she will be talking to Luke along with them.

#149 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I've got a real killer necrophillia/incest joke involving Debbie Reynolds and Carrie but I'm afraid you guys will give me the cold shoulder.

Come on dude, spill it

#150 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We already got one of those and it kind of sucks.
I bet we could do better than that. I'll also point out Steve Ritchie games don't have bash toys. I predict this game won't have a bash toy, death star or otherwise. They kind of don't work with the whole "king of flow" thing.

The doors of the Heartbreak Hotel on Elvis and the ace in the hole mech on WPT aren't bash toys?

They are on upper playfield to not impact the flow but I'd still consider both of them bash toys.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 21.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.95
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 511 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/share-your-star-wars-predictions/page/3?hl=trunchbull and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.