• 511 posts
  • 167 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Apollyon
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

princess-bride-mostly-dead-is-still-a-little-alive-but-thats-not-what-he-saidhe-distinctly-said-to-b (resized).jpg
This is not the pinball machine you are looking for.jpg
IMG_8203 (resized).JPG
Ace (resized).jpg
GOTG (resized).jpg
IMG_3066 (resized).JPG
IMG_3065 (resized).JPG
screen-capture-20 (resized).png
screen-capture-18 (resized).png
a096e93eecf1e2e9fbd09bb8c63b4a4db28581ae (resized).jpg
prem.JPG
pro.JPG
sw2.JPG
poppy (resized).png
IMG_3366 (resized).JPG
IMG_1219 (resized).JPG
There are 511 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 11.
#51 6 years ago

it will probably be the cartoon star wars version,
and everyone will freak out, but still buy them
regardless of cracking cabinets,ghosting inserts
,wrinkeling decals etc.

but realy hope its gonna be the real deal everyone wants
fingers crossed

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Ah, I mixed up the Indy games. The WMS one was not him.

Yeah, it would appear Williams went cheap.

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

My prediction is people will be disappointed with the art package. Heard rumors it's not hand drawn.

Thank God.

#54 6 years ago

I'd like to see a carbonite freezing chamber toy.

#55 6 years ago

I also predict that there won't be nearly enough LEs to go around. It'll be like Ghostbusters all over again. They'll essentially be sold out of LEs the second they're officially announced as many distributors already have full waiting lists. Hopefully the vast majority of machines get to those who want them, and the flippers get a small allotment.

I'm excited. Steve Ritchie and Dwight Sullivan are a killer combo. I have no idea how complete the code will be at launch, but I hope it's fairly robust. There's so much to draw from, and Dwight did a fantastic job on Game of Thrones with a similarly deep theme.

#56 6 years ago

They better have more than just the main title theme as far as the soundtrack is concerned. I want to hear the John Williams soundtrack, not a reimagining of the film score as seen with Ghostbusters.

#57 6 years ago

The BB-8 playfield toy will be described as "adorable."

#58 6 years ago

Ghostbusters has amazing music. If we get anything on par with that, I'll be beyond happy. Seriously, the mode music tracks in GB are probably the best we've seen out of Stern ever.

But yes, there's a very rich and deep library of musical tracks to work from. It would be great of they could use John Williams' music.

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from LewisD:

They better have more than just the main title theme as far as the soundtrack is concerned. I want to hear the John Williams soundtrack, not a reimagining of the film score as seen with Ghostbusters.

GB music was actually pretty decent. I'm sure they'll roll out the old Cantina music a time or 2.

#60 6 years ago

It'll be about Bea Arthur's adventures as a cantina singer. Shoot the lit arrow to start a song, then shoot the lit arrows after that to finish the song. Once you've finished all the songs, shoot the cantina bar to start All-Star Wizard Mode, where you shoot more arrows.

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ah. Well next time you go with a joke please try to make it an actual joke. That's where I got confused.

I'll dumb it down for you next time Skipper!

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from dtowndobe:

I'd suggest punching it up instead.

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I'd suggest punching it up instead.

I'll make sure to work in some Cosby-esque quips for you specifically, in the midst of all the Stern bashing...

Back on track - Would love to see hand drawn art on SW, but I'm guessing, like some others, it will be PS assets approved by Disney. Regardless, looking forward to seeing the reveal.

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from dtowndobe:

Be careful--Levi only gets offended when it's not him making the joke.

#65 6 years ago

SW would be the perfect theme to bring back some unique side back box lighting and side rail lighting as per ST-LE. My wallet is not safe I fear...

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Be careful--Levi only gets offended when it's not him making the joke.

I only get offended when a joke isn't funny.

"Carrie Fisher is dead" isn't a joke.

Come on folks, work with me here.

#67 6 years ago

My prediction is it will be a standard body with LCD screen.

Playfield layout back half similar to No Fear, no raised loop behind skull boy, more a Medieval Madness rear. Front part will be similar to STNG without cannons, BUT deceiving drain lanes that are huger than they look.

I'm thinking Lyman fun with the Steve kick to the nuts just when you think you are rolling.

LTG : )

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Q: Carrie Fisher is on a sinking ship. Who gets saved?
A: The world of acting!

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Q: Carrie Fisher is on a sinking ship. Who gets saved?
A: The world of acting!

Much better, but you left off the "Too soon?"

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Who said Carrie Fisher was dead?! I'm sorry you find offense in a joke you don't find funny. Lots of other things in the world to find offense over for sure...

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Okay...here's one I offended a complete stranger with on Facebook yesterday:

Somebody said it was confirmed that Erin Moran died of throat cancer. I said I thought that she had died from cancer of the Chachi.

Sorry, but I still think that's f-ing hysterical. If you don't, that doesn't mean it's not funny. Just means we have different senses of humor.

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I've got a real killer necrophillia/incest joke involving Debbie Reynolds and Carrie but I'm afraid you guys will give me the cold shoulder.

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

The world of acting needs saving IMMEDIATELY!

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I've got a real killer necrophillia/incest joke involving Debbie Reynolds and Carrie but I'm afraid you guys will give me the cold shoulder.

If by "cold shoulder" you mean "I'll have to clean the underside of my work table" than I agree.

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Too soon.

#75 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Does it involve her dog too??

I promise not to be offended if I don't find it funny, but I'm a twisted individual so the minute you mention necrophilia and/or incest, I'm all in!

And I thought the cabinet cracking / splitting issues were too soon.

#76 6 years ago

Okay, guys...reread Levi's post. That WAS the joke. Sheesh!!!

Which reminds me of something Levi wrote earlier:

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ah. Well next time you go with a joke please try to make it an actual joke. That's where I got confused.

#77 6 years ago

Hoping the LCD integration is done well and the play field incorporates a nice mix of features / toys that differentiates it somewhat from other Ritchie pins.

Absolutely need to have Darth Vader's ominous music and breathing at the start of "Dark Side" multiball.

#78 6 years ago

Stern's Star Wars release is based on "Lego Star Wars" You heard it hear first.

#79 6 years ago

I predict that I'll never buy one.

#80 6 years ago

Death Star bash toy is a must.

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Death Star bash toy is a must.

We already got one of those and it kind of sucks.

I bet we could do better than that. I'll also point out Steve Ritchie games don't have bash toys. I predict this game won't have a bash toy, death star or otherwise. They kind of don't work with the whole "king of flow" thing.

#82 6 years ago

117% chance it has an upper right flipper

#83 6 years ago

Hopefully a hurry up shot like DOD in IM to destroy the Death Star.

#84 6 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

It'll be about Bea Arthur's adventures as a cantina singer.

Try pointing out that she's officially part of Star Wars canon ... I don't care what Lucas says, the "Holiday Special" was developed as canon ... it's where we first saw Boba Fett. The hardcore Star Wars fanatics have meltdowns when you point this out and deny that she's canon.

I totally dig the films, but not that much!

#85 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I bet we could do better than that. I'll also point out Steve Ritchie games don't have bash toys. I predict this game won't have a bash toy, death star or otherwise. They kind of don't work with the whole "king of flow" thing.

Generally correct, but I would qualify that and remind you that Star Trek did basically have a bash toy dead center. And that was certainly one of his top-5 most popular games ever.

#86 6 years ago

The video mode is gonna be pod racing with jar jar call outs.

#87 6 years ago

Indiana Jones 5 got pushed back a year to 2020.

Steve has plenty of time to work on that one.

#88 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There's a Death Star in pretty much ever Star Wars movie, so it's only right that they put one in every Star Wars pinball. Fair point re: the Steve Ritchie design paradigm though.

#89 6 years ago

Death Star that rises up from under the playfield - or better yet - descends down towards the playfield to interrupt flow / shots, and then "crashes" if defeated. Sorta like a mixture of Iron Monger / Vengence / POTC ship. Agreed it would be better if not a traditional bash toy sticking up from the playfield like the well walker...

#90 6 years ago

I expect an upper flipper, but that's not a Ritchie staple, he just uses it often. AC/DC and GoT don't have them.

#91 6 years ago
Quoted from dtowndobe:

Death Star that rises up from under the playfield - or better yet - descends down towards the playfield to interrupt flow / shots, and then "crashes" if defeated. Sorta like a mixture of Iron Monger / Vengence / POTC ship. Agreed it would be better if not a traditional bash toy sticking up from the playfield like the well walker...

It could be a quasi-interactive pseudo bash toy like the Vengeance in Star Trek. Maybe work in a moving green targeting laser for a timed mode where you have to destroy the Death Star before it destroys Alderaan.

#92 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

It could be a quasi-interactive pseudo bash toy like the Vengeance in Star Trek. Maybe work in a moving green targeting laser for a timed mode where you have to destroy the Death Star before it destroys Alderaan.

Sooo much potential for tremendous amounts of goodness!!! I truly hope they haven't rushed this one. With the other somewhat mediocre Star Wars pins, this new one could easily be a massive seller for Stern if given proper treatment.

Truth be told, I'm guessing it'll be wildly successful regardless...

#93 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

There's a Death Star in pretty much ever Star Wars movie...

Dude Wtf spoilers

#94 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Dude Wtf spoilers

Made me spit out some of my beer - nice!

#95 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Probably the same way they figured out how to do a Pirates of the Carribean and Tron license?
I guess they used the force?

#96 6 years ago
Quoted from GGBGROUP:

Generally correct, but I would qualify that and remind you that Star Trek did basically have a bash toy dead center. And that was certainly one of his top-5 most popular games ever.

I wouldn't agree. That's not a bash toy. It's a drop target.

#97 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I wouldn't agree. That's not a bash toy. It's a drop target.

Yup- ball never contacts the Vengence. Drop target with a magnet behind that, then a kicker behind that to shoot the ball back at the flippers.

#98 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I predict that the game will largely re-utilize one of Steve Ritchie's old layouts since nearly all of his games (besides WPT) seem to do this. My guess is that it will resemble the Getaway as I've heard the other rumor about the game having some kind of ball propulsion (supercharger?) toy in the game. I'm also going to guess that the LE/Premium will have a lower playfield similar to ACDC. So basically the game will be a cross between Getaway and ACDC.

This is pretty much what I'm expecting as well. With a hyperdrive getting so much attention all I can see is something NASCAR or Getaway supercharger inspired. Going one step further there, I think it will take up too much space in the cabinet.

If you've listened to K, I agree that there should be an attack run mode where all of the lights go out aside from your target, and maybe where the ball is going to feed to your flipper from. You get one shot to hit the target or something bad happens. I think of strobe multiball (AFM) and the presentation that it is with all of the lights off and the ship strobing.

#99 6 years ago

I know it may be sacrilege to say so but I like the photo-shopped art packages like on Tron and TF, so I am hoping for that with original movie clips and music. I would be totally psyched for a May announcement with a June/July release but EXPO seems more likely. Seems really unlikely for Stern to announce it in May and then wait to ship 16 weeks later...

#100 6 years ago

I think it will be based on original and coincide with the 40th Anniversary. Stern will have to use the already approved licensed art. The Death Star will be a main toy, and I think we may see Stern integrate the LCD on the playfield for the first time.

SW 40th Rendition.jpgSW 40th Rendition.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 21.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10.95
$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

There are 511 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/share-your-star-wars-predictions/page/2?hl=lewisd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.