(Topic ID: 182311)

Share your local showbiz or equivalent stories and pics!

By pacmanretro

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1983 reprint cover (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

Hey guys, a few people started discussing their memories of showbiz chuck e cheeses etc recently with me and other local versions of similar fun. I thought it would be really cool (unless another thread exists already?) To put together one with pics, stories, etc of different showbiz type places you love(d).

I know there are other threads on arcades and game rooms from back in the day, but I specifically wanted to hear about kids like bday with pizza and games places like the ones with the freaky ass puppet bands etc!

Anybody want to share

A pinsider recently mentioned what I believe was a local place called captain Andy's...I'm going to go look that one up, but would enjoy more people joining in as well!

#2 7 years ago

In the late 1970's a friend and I stopped in a Showbiz Pizza. Ordered a pitcher of beer and a pizza. There was 8 or 10 senior citizens there, bussed in from an old folks home.

A man on stage playing a piano asked for requests. I asked for Muskrat Ramble. He said he was there for the old folks. So the old folks said to go ahead and play it for us.

Then he got mad and said he didn't know it. Now this Showbiz had a bunch of coin operated player pianos. So we fired them all up and really pissed the piano player off.

The we joined the old folks. They told us they were there for one of them having a birthday. So we ordered pitchers of beer and more pizza and partied with them. A big jump from the slice of pizza and soda pop the old folks home provided.

No idea what happened to the piano player. But the old folks and us had a blast. What a great day !

LTG : )

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

In the late 1970's a friend and I stopped in a Showbiz Pizza. Ordered a pitcher of beer and a pizza. There was 8 or 10 senior citizens there, bussed in from an old folks home.
A man on stage playing a piano asked for requests. I asked for Muskrat Ramble. He said he was there for the old folks. So the old folks said to go ahead and play it for us.
Then he got mad and said he didn't know it. Now this Showbiz had a bunch of coin operated player pianos. So we fired them all up and really pissed the piano player off.
The we joined the old folks. They told us they were there for one of them having a birthday. So we ordered pitchers of beer and more pizza and partied with them. A big jump from the slice of pizza and soda pop the old folks home provided.
No idea what happened to the piano player. But the old folks and us had a blast. What a great day !
LTG : )

Wow! That's awesome
I didn't realize they even had player pianos etc in them back then. Funny and pretty cool that the old folks enjoyed it!

I can almost picture what a part time teenager working the chuck e door would say if like 20+ elderly people showed up with no kids demanding pizza, beerI, and a show today

#4 7 years ago

Cant find my 45 off hand for my own pic, but I believe this is the one I still have...

1983 reprint cover (resized).jpg1983 reprint cover (resized).jpg

#5 7 years ago

Spent a lot of time and money at Showbiz pizza in my youth!! Wished they were still around! The man the started it was from my home town of Topeka Kansas, Robert L. Brock. They still have a repair warehouse here where they repair the video games for Chuck e cheese.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from henrydwh:

Spent a lot of time and money at Showbiz pizza in my youth!! Wished they were still around! The man the started it was from my home town of Topeka Kansas, Robert L. Brock. They still have a repair warehouse here where they repair the video games for Chuck e cheese.

Interesting! That's a neat little bit of history to have local.

I think I asked about who operates their machines before...I seem to remember a manager of local chuck e. Telling me they own all their own games.

Would make sense that they have repair center then.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/share-your-local-showbiz-or-equivalent-stories-and-pics and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.