b2 (resized).JPG
b1 (resized).JPG
jp (resized).png
InkedJP_1_LI (resized).jpg
featured_preview_IMG_2717 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_2123 (resized).jpg
IMG_2247 (resized).jpg
There are 701 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 15.
#351 9 years ago

Here are the mods on mine, done by the previous owner.

The computer screens over all three scoops are from a doll house furniture set, he told me. (Well, three sets.) Sorry about all the glare.

He painted the SUV himself, looks alright I guess.

The topper is in lieu of the real one, which doesn't fit my ceiling. (From what I could see it was the tallest game in the main room at MGC, with the right topper that is.)

jp1.jpgjp1.jpg
jp2.jpgjp2.jpg
jp3.jpgjp3.jpg

#353 9 years ago

20140624_175027.jpg20140624_175027.jpg

Here's what I've done so far: added new papo petranodons, papo raptor near pit, the scoops mod and trees.
Have a TZ ceramic ball on the way for the egg smasher. A previous owner added some leds.

#354 9 years ago

Ceramic ball came in today

20140625_160154.jpg20140625_160154.jpg
#355 9 years ago

Looks nice! Does the ceramic ball make it a bit easier to get hits on the egg target? And how does it affect the kinetics of the ball in play? I find this shot dangerous because the captive ball tend to absorb most of the energy from the ball in play which then heads SDTM.

#356 9 years ago

Haven't played enough with the ceramic ball egg shot but I don't think it changes the gameplay much. The times I've hit it the recoil hit on the pinball has sent it slightly to the right of mid.

Thanks again for the scoop mod! It looks so legit, like the game should have been shipped like that

#357 9 years ago

Yay, found a use for my spare TZ pinball! Well done.

#358 9 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Thanks again for the scoop mod! It looks so legit, like the game should have been shipped like that

Great to hear! That was my goal, so it is nice to hear customers say it

#359 9 years ago

My dad's JP is finally done. Well almost. We still have to put on the scoop signs mod.

14542907183_0ddd8f0454_o.jpg14542907183_0ddd8f0454_o.jpg
#360 9 years ago

Gov, did you clear-coat the cab? Nice and shiny!

#361 9 years ago

My dad did yes. The cab was pretty rough before.

#362 9 years ago

These perplex me. Does anyone have pics of these in the game?

ebay.com link: ebay.com

#363 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

These perplex me. Does anyone have pics of these in the game?
ebay.com link

I am with you on this. I just can't picture any of the games he sells them for with these so I won't buy them. I bet he would sell more if he would show pictures of them installed.

#365 9 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Wow, those are awful.

Would be interesting if someone made decals that were more integrated into the theme. Maybe use the correct dinosaur silhouettes for each target for starters.

#366 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Would be interesting if someone made decals that were more integrated into the theme. Maybe use the correct dinosaur silhouettes for each target for starters.

That's exactly what I have been hoping to see. The ones on eBay just aren't in keeping with the current artwork at all.

#367 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Quoted from ikrananka:

That's exactly what I have been hoping to see. The ones on eBay just aren't in keeping with the current artwork at all.

Wouldn't it be relatively straight forward to DIY something like that? Figure out the correct size for each target and find an appropriate icon image. Then just print out on sticker paper and maybe cover with mylar, cut out, install, and enjoy!

1 week later
#368 9 years ago

Still a lot of work to do but I'm in the process of making a Raptor head to place above the raptor pit. The teeth didn't pan out in the mold I made so I'll have to address that after I figure out more shaping of the head. I'm going to put red leds in the eyes

20140706_184329.jpg20140706_184329.jpg

1 month later
#369 9 years ago

Hey guys, I do 3D models for Virtual Pinball (software simulation) over at vpforums.org and was wondering if anyone could provide me with good HD photos of the T-rex from the side,front, and top views with decent lighting but without flash. For 3D model reference it's kind of like a mug shot of the T-Rex but with a top down (top of the head) view included as well. I mainly need the photos for texture mapping but they will also help make the model accurate to the real thing. vpforums / visual pinball is dedicated to preserving pinball through software simulation and the VPF community would appreciate it if an accurate to the real toy model could be provided.

Send me a PM if you can help in this regard.

Thanks in advance for your time.

1 month later
#370 9 years ago

I'm not sure if I'll keep him or not, but for now my T-Rex has a new friend.

DSC_0460.JPGDSC_0460.JPG

whats-going-to-happen-to-the_clink_large.jpgwhats-going-to-happen-to-the_clink_large.jpg
#371 9 years ago

Yay for goats! I was going to paint mine, but it wasn't the exact kind of goat anyway so I just let him stock. Yours looks great!

#372 9 years ago

Hi Guys. I've noticed a few of you putting colored LEDs ie Green and Blue around the play field.

Just wondering what you're using?? Frosted or Clear? Concave??

Also what have you been replacing the Condom ones with?

Thanks heaps!

#373 9 years ago

I had LEDs in mine but have colored incandescent ones for the bulbs that had condoms. For sure the fire above the gate and beacon over the tower will be incandescent but I haven't decided on the scoop lights. My game has been torn down for quite a while. Hope to have her running in the next two weeks though. I'll share pix when she's up.

#374 9 years ago

I may be putting my JP up for sale soon....Any word on the software update. It might be hard for me to let it go though. It is my second JP, and I passed on several over the years untill I found the nicest JP I have ever seen. In a non pinheads basement for over 15 years.

1 week later
#375 9 years ago

I tore down my JP to shop it and decided to make a few mods while I have it apart. I bought some acrylic on eBay and made a lighted backboard and used some duct strap to make a light pan to go behind the banner plastic to light it. I have not finished the shop job, so my JP is still apart, but lighting these 2 mods with a 9V battery looks pretty good. I am hoping they add the right amount of light to the back of the playfield.

Backboard, clear where the plastic goes, painted white under the black paint to help reflect the light from the LED strip at the bottomBackboard, clear where the plastic goes, painted white under the black paint to help reflect the light from the LED strip at the bottom
Backboard with plastic installed and LEDs light using a 9V batteryBackboard with plastic installed and LEDs light using a 9V battery

Banner plastic light using a 9V batteryBanner plastic light using a 9V battery

#376 9 years ago

Looks great!

#377 9 years ago

Can you describe in more detail how you lit the backboard? I've for mine torn down. Aswan earlier post on lighting it but it was quite involved. From your picture seems like you've got a great idea and it's a lot less work that the other one I saw probably earlier in this post.

#378 9 years ago

Just received my raptor, pteranodons, and palm trees. Really nothing that hasn't already been posted in this thread before, but I really do prefer these palm trees. I drilled holes into the trunks and ran wire inside for removable mounting. I chose to mounted the pteranodons as if they were flying over the wire ramp. Showing my non-pinhead friends the mods they asked, "Now, what did you add?"--perfect. A good sign the mods don't look out of place.

DSC_0473.JPGDSC_0473.JPG
DSC_0474.JPGDSC_0474.JPG
DSC_0472.JPGDSC_0472.JPG

#379 9 years ago

I would also really love to have something like this near the East Boat Dock.

Jurassic_Park_Spitter_Attacks_by_Blade_of_the_Moon.jpgJurassic_Park_Spitter_Attacks_by_Blade_of_the_Moon.jpg

#380 9 years ago
Quoted from ddebuss:

Can you describe in more detail how you lit the backboard? I've for mine torn down. Aswan earlier post on lighting it but it was quite involved. From your picture seems like you've got a great idea and it's a lot less work that the other one I saw probably earlier in this post.

It was a lot more involved making the lighted backboard than I thought going in.

I ordered the acrylic sheet cut in the same dimensions as the original backboard. The seller would not cut the top on the 45 degree bevel, so I had to do that.

Then I used a router to cut a groove in the bottom for the LEDs of the LED light strip to go into. The backboard was 3/8" thick and the LEDs were slightly larger than 1/8", but a 1/4" router bit left too little material on each side so I had to make 2 passes with at 1/8" router bit (with the guide for each pass being adjusted slightly) to make a groove to fit the LEDs.

Then I clamped the old backboard and the acrylic one together and used a drill press to put the screw holes in the right place on the acrylic back board. I used a countersink bit for the 3 screws that hold the backboard to the playfield so those will mount flush like the originals.

I then screwed down the backboard plastic art piece and cut the protective film that was on the acrylic as I received it to make a mask for where the plastic art piece goes. I removed the protective film from the acrylic everywhere except under the plastic art piece. I removed the plastic art piece and sanded the exposed surfaces of the acrylic (still leaving the protective film where the plastic art piece goes).

I taped the bottom groove to protect it from the paint. I first spray painted everything white, to reflect the light better within the backboard. Once the white was dry, I painted everything black so it would look like the original backboard.

Once the black paint was dry, I removed the protective film under where the plastic art goes and the tape over the groove for the LEDs. I super glued the LED light strip to the edge of the groove with the LEDs inserted into the groove.

I screwed the plastic art piece into the backboard and then screwed the brackets that go on the front of the plastic.

Some photos:

The 45 degree bevelThe 45 degree bevel
The groove for the LEDsThe groove for the LEDs
Drilled with the mask cut (front)Drilled with the mask cut (front)
Drilled with the mask cut (back)Drilled with the mask cut (back)
Countersunk screw for mounting to playfieldCountersunk screw for mounting to playfield
White under coatWhite under coat
With black paint and mask removedWith black paint and mask removed

#381 9 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I would also really love to have something like this near the East Boat Dock.

Jurassic_Park_Spitter_Attacks_by... 117 KB

I made an "East Dock" sign for my JP (obviously not installed yet, but getting closer to being done with my shop job). If someone knows a source of a good spitter model that is small enough to look to be about the right size to go with my sign I would like to hear where I can find one.
DSCI0637.JPGDSCI0637.JPG

#382 9 years ago
Quoted from rviguet:

I made an "East Dock" sign for my JP (obviously not installed yet, but getting closer to being done with my shop job). If someone knows a source of a good spitter model that is small enough to look to be about the right size to go with my sign I would like to hear where I can find one.

Search for dilophosaurus, hopefully you'll find something.

#383 9 years ago

I might be joining the JP club today.

#384 9 years ago

I have this dilophosaurus, but in my opinion it's too big. I would prefer something smaller and darker that could be tucked way in the back.

Dilophosaurus-Wallpaper005.jpgDilophosaurus-Wallpaper005.jpg

Another idea I could use help with, would be finding an LED candle where the "flame covering" could be removed and mounted on the bulbs above the gate. If anyone finds something that is the right size please provide a link.

white_led_candles.jpgwhite_led_candles.jpg

#385 9 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Another idea I could use help with, would be finding an LED candle where the "flame covering" could be removed and mounted on the bulbs above the gate. If anyone finds something that is the right size please provide a link.

Art from Comet Pinball was supposedly working on a flame shaped bulb but I haven't heard anything about it in a long while.

3 weeks later
#386 9 years ago

Ok, so I've gained a ton of insight from this forum, specifically this particular thread, as it relates to my JP. Yesterday I came across an old antique construction vehicle Beacon, also known as a flasher. It is a 12 V incandescent bulb item, and this thread came to mind. My idea is to mount this to the top of my cabinet since I am missing the original topper. My question to this thread and anyone that can help me is twofold. First, is this something that can be done, as far as wiring this 12 V light into the machine. Second, I was hopeful to have this spinning and illuminated only during certain sections of the game. I was thinking of having it come on during tfi-ball for example. How would I go about doing that?Any help would be appreciated, especially if it's just to tell me I'm crazy for even thinking about trying something like this.
image.jpgimage.jpg

#387 9 years ago
Quoted from Zippy2:

Ok, so I've gained a ton of insight from this forum, specifically this particular thread, as it relates to my JP. Yesterday I came across an old antique construction vehicle Beacon, also known as a flasher. It is a 12 V incandescent bulb item, and this thread came to mind. My idea is to mount this to the top of my cabinet since I am missing the original topper. My question to this thread and anyone that can help me is twofold. First, is this something that can be done, as far as wiring this 12 V light into the machine. Second, I was hopeful to have this spinning and illuminated only during certain sections of the game. I was thinking of having it come on during tfi-ball for example. How would I go about doing that?Any help would be appreciated, especially if it's just to tell me I'm crazy for even thinking about trying something like this.

image.jpg 176 KB

I would think you could get it to turn on when a specific lamp is on. I can't recall off hand if there is a specific lamp that lights when only in tri-ball, tough, but that's about the only way I can think that you could get it to only come on a specific times. However, that beacon may draw a lot more amps than one of the game's bulbs, so you might not be able to wire it directly into an existing lamp. You'd likely have to have some kind of breakout board that activates by the game's bulb coming on but uses a relay or something to give the beacon power from another source. I think there may be circuit boards like that that are pre-built for mods that activate when a lamp is on, but I've never messed with any so don't have a link for you.

It would get easier if you just wanted it on all the time. You could likely tap into the 12v on the power supply.

Someone else may chime in. I haven't done a lot of mods on games that require additional power, so I don't know what would be acceptable as far as making sure not to do anything too taxing on the power supply.

#388 9 years ago

The two lamps I can think of that would be suitable are:

• T-Rex lamp for when Tri-ball is lit. Seems appropriate for a rotating flasher light.
• Heli-loop jackpot lamp. Because who the heck ever hits that jackpot!

#389 9 years ago

I just recently picked up a JP machine, and I LOVE these mod ideas found in there. I will definitely be referencing it when I get around to working on this machine.

Since this is a dedicated mod thread, I thought I would throw this out here in case you have not seen it yet. Looking to gauge interest in a CRT monitor mod that would look like Nedry's monior. It would display screens that his computer shows, also be able to play the full movie.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jp-tv-mod-cztv-gauging-interest

1 month later
#390 9 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

I'm loving the goat and the explorer!
Heres my next one I'm working on to replace the plastic plate gate, it will have flickering LED's in all the torch spots!

jps.jpg 141 KB

WANT

#391 9 years ago
Quoted from rviguet:

DSCI0637.JPG 240 KB

Glad to see someone at least used my artwork and built one!

#392 9 years ago

Still havent finished this, in my drawer! The plan is to teardown and clear my jp next spring so maybe ill put it in when i do

#393 9 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Glad to see someone at least used my artwork and built one!

libtech, thanks for the art. I have about finished my shop job and adding my mods. I think my East Dock sign is about .5" too tall, so I am going to cut it down. Once I get my backboard and banner lights wired up I will post pictures of the finished product.

#394 9 years ago

I have also added extra dinosaurs to my Jurassic Park however I had to use museum putty to get them to stick to some plastics. May I ask how you all permanently added your extra dinos? They look great and certainly more professional than mine.

Thank you!

#395 9 years ago

Mine just have little Velcro squares on their feet.

#396 9 years ago

That SUV mod with the light is amazing! Where did you get that?!?

1 week later
#397 9 years ago

After nearly 6 months, I finally have my Jurassic Park put back together. I started off to replace the rubbers and do a light cleaning. I ended up tearing down the playfield and cleaning everything, repairing the blown out scoop holes, adding some mods, making some mods, removing and replacing the mylar, adding new flipper bats, rebuilding the flippers, and adding a topper. I think the lighted backboard and lighted banner plastic nicely light the otherwise dark back of the playfield.
DSCI0647.JPGDSCI0647.JPG

#398 9 years ago

That looks very nicely lit! Great job

2 weeks later
#399 9 years ago
Quoted from Santeh:

I have also added extra dinosaurs to my Jurassic Park however I had to use museum putty to get them to stick to some plastics. May I ask how you all permanently added your extra dinos? They look great and certainly more professional than mine.
Thank you!

I've used wire, *cough*...paperclips, to mount my palm trees and dinosaurs. Each one is permanently mounted to the nearest wire nut. It sounds cheap, but it works well for me.

PS: Finally got my display working. As suspected it was the R18 resistor on the Video Board.

1 month later
#400 9 years ago

Finally got around to adding some palm trees. I cut plexi to fit the shape of the plastics where I wanted to add trees. I drilled a small hole into the plexi then hot glued the tree into place. I think they turned out pretty good.jp06.jpgjp06.jpgjp08.jpgjp08.jpgjp07.jpgjp07.jpgjp010.jpgjp010.jpgjp013.jpgjp013.jpgjp011.jpgjp011.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 701 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/share-your-jurassic-park-mods/page/8?hl=johnjn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.