b2 (resized).JPG
b1 (resized).JPG
jp (resized).png
InkedJP_1_LI (resized).jpg
featured_preview_IMG_2717 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_2123 (resized).jpg
IMG_2247 (resized).jpg
There are 701 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 15.
#201 10 years ago

I was always wondering about that strap,

Mine looks to be the original from the factory but it seems its way too short to be of any use?

Could anyone post pics of it installed?

#202 10 years ago

I don't have a sticker in mine and didn't know if it was factory or not. It is a PAIN to use, but very handy once you've managed to get it hooked. Then you might dislocate an arm or break a rib trying to get it undone. lol It is very short and very tight, and the best way to do it is have someone push the playfield up/back as hard as they can to move it closer to the strap, then pull and pray.

#203 10 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

I'm also not that familiar with all of the features and options on the ColorDMD, but DMD Extender allows you to choose a color for each of the 4 shades of dots on Bally/Williams and Sega/DE games. You can't currently colorize the animations beyond the 4 shades you choose, so it is probably comparable to the generic Sigma display from ColorDMD, though I'm not sure whether the Sigma actually allows you to choose the 4 colors, or if it just always uses gradients of the one color you've chosen.

You're really in the middle ground, Sigma = one color with tints and shades, and of course once programmed it can do full color. But you can't select 4 different colors.

Would love to see a video of your game running through a little gameplay so we could see how the colors you chose look in other circumstances. The skill shot part looks great, but does it work for everything else?

#204 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You're really in the middle ground, Sigma = one color with tints and shades, and of course once programmed it can do full color. But you can't select 4 different colors.
Would love to see a video of your game running through a little gameplay so we could see how the colors you chose look in other circumstances. The skill shot part looks great, but does it work for everything else?

I gave the project its own thread and posted more pics there. I think the color scheme works on every screen very well! I'll try to get a video soon.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/de-jurassic-park-with-lcd-dmd-replacement

Post edited by winteriscoming : Typos...

#205 10 years ago

Here is what I am thinking of doing with my Papo dinosaurs. Opinions?

photo_1.JPGphoto_1.JPG photo_2.JPGphoto_2.JPG photo_3.JPGphoto_3.JPG

#206 10 years ago

Congrats...

I now have officially tripled my efforts in search of a JP. Way to go. I must own one. It must look amazing like yours.

#207 10 years ago

Great work Chad! You could try putting some trees in there too to build up the jungle a bit.

#208 10 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

Great work Chad! You could try putting some trees in there too to build up the jungle a bit.

Yep. That's next.

What are you all using to stick your dinos and trees to the plastics?

#209 10 years ago

I just used blu-tack for the trees and dinos that were fairly stable. For those that weren't I wrapped wire around an ankle and the nearest playfield post.

Didn't want to do anything permanent!

#210 10 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

I designed these scoop light icons. They'll be available for sale this week, PM me if you want to be on the list
I also designed some nice black apron insert cards and I've added some palm trees.

Just put these on ours at work. Great items!!!

#211 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Here is what I am thinking of doing with my Papo dinosaurs. Opinions?

If you're up for it, you could try to apply a heat gun to that ankylosaur and get its head turned the other way.

#212 10 years ago

I put some red legs on my JP. I ordered them from Pinball Life.

I also put in a NOS ramp that I purchased from BAA. It didn't come with any of the metal hardware, so I had to drill out the rivets in my original one and use my rivet press and new rivets to get the parts installed on the new ramp. It wasn't that easy to get the rivets in and pressed since there isn't a lot of room to work on some of them that are close to the edge. I ended up getting a small crack under the spring steel at the ramp entrance, but luckily it's hidden and isn't causing any issues. Fortunately that was the only major issue I had while installing the hardware. I like it much better than my original which had a few cracks in it. You may also notice that my ramp entrance is now green! This was done with some enamel spray paint while I was removed from the ramp.

Jim

IMG_20130912_174151.jpgIMG_20130912_174151.jpg IMG_20130915_171242.jpgIMG_20130915_171242.jpg

#213 10 years ago

Love the green ramp entrance. Nice one!

My JP is finally done being shopped out and now I am starting to actually play the game. I am loving it.

Question, is there any way to turn off the automatic "tri-ball ready" on ball 3? I prefer to earn multiball and that was one of the first things I changed when I updated the Star Wars code.

#214 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Love the green ramp entrance. Nice one!
My JP is finally done being shopped out and now I am starting to actually play the game. I am loving it.
Question, is there any way to turn off the automatic "tri-ball ready" on ball 3? I prefer to earn multiball and that was one of the first things I changed when I updated the Star Wars code.

haha... i dont know. But if you haven't had tri-ball by the 3rd ball, you need to play some more. We joke with friends about it too

#215 10 years ago

I attached my PAPO dinosaurs using some screw on eye loops from a framing kit I had. I drilled a small pilot hole into the foot of the Raptor, then screwed in the eye. Then it was just a matter of putting it under a nut on one of the posts. Worked great and very sturdy.

#216 10 years ago

If you're up for it, you could try to apply a heat gun to that ankylosaur and get its head turned the other way.

I will try that eventually.

Here is how I mounted a couple of the dinosaurs so far... nice and solid, yet easily removable. The wire is .047 inch music wire from a local hobby store.

dino-hook-1.JPGdino-hook-1.JPG dino-hook-2.JPGdino-hook-2.JPG

#217 10 years ago

two more pics...

dino-hook-3.JPGdino-hook-3.JPG dino-hook-4.JPGdino-hook-4.JPG

#218 10 years ago

How about this? Mounted T-Rex!

image.jpgimage.jpg

2 weeks later
#220 10 years ago

Cool! I like 'dem bones!

1 week later
#222 10 years ago

DSC_0178-697.jpgDSC_0178-697.jpgHome made topper made by FransDSC_0101.jpgDSC_0101.jpgDSC_0143.jpgDSC_0143.jpgDSC_0104.jpgDSC_0104.jpg

#223 10 years ago

I have a NOS topper for sale, please pm me if interested. Could bring to expo on Friday.

3 weeks later
#224 10 years ago

It was time to paint my lock bar

DSC_0246.jpgDSC_0246.jpg

DSC_0251-403.jpgDSC_0251-403.jpg DSC_0250-551.jpgDSC_0250-551.jpg
#225 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtySouth:

I have a NOS topper for sale, please pm me if interested. Could bring to expo on Friday.

Made another one ( happy with it)

DSC_0219.jpgDSC_0219.jpg
#226 10 years ago

Cool.

Still have one more NOS topper for sale.

#227 10 years ago
#228 10 years ago

And now I am nearly a JP owner. Deal nearly completed.

#229 10 years ago

I'm seeing alot of really good ideas here lately. I have a weekend with nothing to do I guess I have a project now lol

#230 10 years ago

Got my Papo Dino's. Working on placement.image-595.jpgimage-595.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#231 10 years ago

Can people please share where they are getting their playfield palm trees from? Thanks.

#232 10 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Can people please share where they are getting their playfield palm trees from? Thanks.

I bought 2 sets of these. Note that the pic doesn't match what you get, they don't have the brown part under the leaves but they're still a good quality. They have others as well.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXPHX4&P=7

#233 10 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

I don't have pics of mine up on here yet (im working on it right now) but I got my palm trees from hobby lobby they are made by Woodland Classics and look very realistic since they are made for train layouts. I also got some fern bushes from there as well. about $14 for a set of 5 trees

#234 10 years ago

Everybody needs a Raptor! Mine was Grant's Mini Raptor from the JP 3 toys. I love the dino in the egg one on here. I'll be hunting around for more fun dinos to add inside. I also want to line the top of the machine with them, since i don't have the topper on mine.

DSCN1687.JPGDSCN1687.JPG
DSCN1688.JPGDSCN1688.JPG

#235 10 years ago
Quoted from Switch:

I don't have pics of mine up on here yet (im working on it right now) but I got my palm trees from hobby lobby they are made by Woodland Classics and look very realistic since they are made for train layouts. I also got some fern bushes from there as well. about $14 for a set of 5 trees

What method did you use to attach them to the plastics?

#236 10 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

I use 3M command strips to secure everything that way its not permanent and doesnt hurt the plastics. They work really well I got the idea off of this tread actually.

#237 10 years ago

Looking for the palm trees at a good price where did you /bakushan get that trex I like itimage-272.jpgimage-272.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage-697.jpgimage-697.jpgimage-799.jpgimage-799.jpg

#238 10 years ago

I got my T-Rex at a local place called Hobbytown USA. Its a Papo. It looks JUST like the T-Rex on the backglass.

#239 10 years ago

Baby T-Rex captive egg hatchling - Papo, staring up at daddy.
DSCN1703.JPGDSCN1703.JPG

#240 10 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

I use 18 gauge steel wire, available at Lowes/HD - same stuff I use for the control surfaces on my DIY RC foamie plane designs. Works great. That, and a spot of hot glue under the feet. Holds in place well, doesn't warble when the shaker goes off. Hot glue does no damage to plastics too! It is all about what bolt/lug you choose to wrap around/install to hide. Plenty available in discreet areas that conceal the wire.

#241 10 years ago

I bought one of these for an Explorer mod.
ebay.com link: Mint In Box 1 43 Road Champs 1994 Ford Explorer Buchanan Police SUV Series

No clue when I'll get around to it, but this is a spot-on model of the Explorer that will readily convert to look like a JP Explorer. The scale is a bit bigger than Hot Wheels, but not too big. I'm still imagining where I'll fit it.

#242 10 years ago

How about the Jurassic Park gate redesigned with some simulated fire. Problem is, I don't have a JP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sjdESAvB6dw

1 month later
#243 10 years ago

JP lights-751.jpgJP lights-751.jpg

Got my mods for the scoops, thanks very much. These are the blue version if you haven't seen them - yellow was sold out, but still love them. Green LED's up top, blue below.

#244 10 years ago

by the way, anyone selling new ramps? Mine has a dodgy repair near the entrance, so beyond flame repair. I know there is a second hand one for sale, but would rather a new one if possible.

Need that side art too when available! any news?

#245 10 years ago

i put this in the wrong post so will pop it here instead - we still dont have a members only section.
Apparently the GI relay switch is missing. Should I replace it or not bother? I haven't noticed anything adverse since I don't have anything to compare it to.

JP board-288.jpgJP board-288.jpg

#246 10 years ago

Thanks to THIS THREAD... I sought out and purchased a JP.

So far I have:

Mods so far:
-Cointaker LEDs
-Superbands
-Cliffy Protectors
-Loop Combo Mod (icons above scoops)
-Leg Protectors + Pingulp
-Metal Glare Guard
-Tree Decorations
-Raptor

Future mods include more Dino's, a goat, painted legs and rails, and a yellow under glow kit.

IMG_9827.jpgIMG_9827.jpgIMG_9819.jpgIMG_9819.jpgIMG_9818.jpgIMG_9818.jpgIMG_9817.jpgIMG_9817.jpgIMG_9816.jpgIMG_9816.jpgIMG_9823.jpgIMG_9823.jpgIMG_9820.jpgIMG_9820.jpgIMG_9825.jpgIMG_9825.jpg

#247 10 years ago

Bakushan- Yay, a goat! (I love mine.) Might I also suggest a powered sub? We got one for Spiderman/Stargate for Christmas and loved it so much that we got another to put just on JP. The dino roars and storm noises during Tri-Ball sound really good when thumping through a sub, especially combined with the shaker motor.

dendoc- I haven't heard any news on ramps or side art. My cabinet had a few scratches and we just colored them in. I know somewhere there's information on the exact colors to match the cabinet. And with the plastics going for insane amounts on money on auction lately, hopefully someone will reproduce them and the ramps for us.

#248 10 years ago

Since I am never getting rid of this machine, I'm doing something most people would probably never do and are probably going to scoff at and/or hate, but I HAVE to do it the for nostalgic purposes since I had something similar growing up. I'm installing kid's dinosaur wallpaper mural on the inside as side art. Not a joke... If it totally sucks, I guess I can always just peel it off, but I love the cheesiness of it.

ebay.com link: RoomMates RMK1042BCS Dinosaurs Border Stickers Decor

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 701 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/share-your-jurassic-park-mods/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.