b2 (resized).JPG
b1 (resized).JPG
jp (resized).png
InkedJP_1_LI (resized).jpg
featured_preview_IMG_2717 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_2123 (resized).jpg
IMG_2247 (resized).jpg
There are 701 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 15.
#151 10 years ago

I wanna be in this club, some one sell me one of their machine for a decent price!!!!

#152 10 years ago

I just pick this game up over the weekend and love it. It's a great game! Now I've got to get some plam trees for it..

#153 10 years ago

Just got this game a few days ago! It is fantastic so far, and I can't wait to add my own little mods to the game. (after I fix the TREX and control room switch, of course)

Thinking of adding a Raptor for sure, changing the coloured posts, and I really want to add the explorer somewhere in here. Anyone know where to get an awesome toy version of it?

#154 10 years ago

Just got my JP a few days ago, and need to do a couple repairs, but that didn't stop me from buying some Dinos for my playfield

I removed the big clear plastic piece on the right side where the upper flipper is. Anyone know why there is such a big plastic there? I think it looks awesome with the dino there instead. Nothing is secured in place, so if anyone has some suggestions, let me know

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#155 10 years ago
Quoted from AnthonyM88:

I removed the big clear plastic piece on the right side where the upper flipper is. Anyone know why there is such a big plastic there? I think it looks awesome with the dino there instead. Nothing is secured in place, so if anyone has some suggestions, let me know

Big clear plastic would be to prevent an air ball from getting stuck by the flasher dome. I removed mine as well and haven't had one land there yet.

As far as securing figures, read this thread:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-the-best-way-to-attach-figures-toys-to-a-pin

I have some assorted dinos on the way and will try the Quake Putty. I'll post pics when done.

#156 10 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Big clear plastic would be to prevent an air ball from getting stuck by the flasher dome. I removed mine as well and haven't had one land there yet.

Makes sense. I don't think that would be too much concern. Looks much better with the dino there.

Thanks for the link, and be sure to post some pics!

2 months later
#157 10 years ago

Added led's and a few items to my JP and thought I'd share a few pics.

My earlier comment about removing the large clear air ball plastic didn't pan out. A few balls got stuck there so I put it back.

Thanks to all those who posted pics and gave me ideas, as well as to talk me into buying it in the first place. I'm glad I did!

IMG_0612.JPGIMG_0612.JPG IMG_0610.JPGIMG_0610.JPG IMG_0600.JPGIMG_0600.JPG IMG_0601.JPGIMG_0601.JPG IMG_0597.JPGIMG_0597.JPG IMG_0585.JPGIMG_0585.JPG

#159 10 years ago

Hi Ron, great to see pics of your JP with my Loop Combo scoop light mod installed! I haven't yet seen how they look on a machine with full LEDs. Great job And the new insert cards really round out the whole package.

#160 10 years ago

Haven't seen this thread in a while I'm glad it's back

#161 10 years ago

I Ron, great to see pics of your JP with my Loop Combo scoop light mod installed! I haven't yet seen how they look on a machine with full LEDs. Great job And the new insert cards really round out the whole package.

Love the scoop icons the best of everything I've added!

Here's a little better pic of them. (My pics aren't the best due to having to re-size them to post.)

IMG_0599.JPGIMG_0599.JPG

#162 10 years ago

That's great to hear Ron!

Do you mind if I use one of your photos on www.loopcombo.com to show how the mod looks with a full-LED JP?

#163 10 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

That's great to hear Ron!
Do you mind if I use one of your photos on http://www.loopcombo.com to show how the mod looks with a full-LED JP?

No, I don't mind. Use any that I posted or if you like I could send you a pic that hasn't been re-sized for better clarity.

By the way, my machine isn't 100% LED's, there are a few incandescent's still hanging around, but hard to tell from the pics. Also note that I used green LED's for the power-on icons for a better 'pop'.

#166 10 years ago

Does this count? It's not really a mod so much but more of a replacement if yours is missing. Thanks

http://www.pinballtoppers.com/Jurassic-Park.html

#167 10 years ago

A bit off-topic, anyone know how scary JP is to young kids (<5)? Thinking of picking one up but I don't want to scare the kids away from playing the pins.

#168 10 years ago
Quoted from radium:

A bit off-topic, anyone know how scary JP is to young kids (<5)? Thinking of picking one up but I don't want to scare the kids away from playing the pins.

My daughter is 3 and doesn't seem to be scared of the T-rex at all. Of course now that I think of it, I don't think she has played the JP but she does play the other ones. She mainly just grabs her steppy and hits start, plunges the ball, and jumps off and runs away.

#169 10 years ago

I think it depends how familiar they are with pinball. I've had kids get a bit overwhelmed with the music, shaker motor and dinosaur roars but it was also their first pinball, and pinball can be overwhelming to newbies.

#170 10 years ago
Quoted from radium:

I think if you keep the volume down they might enjoy it. It has dinosaurs, which is generally appealing to young kids.

The T-Rex eating the ball should also be amusing to kids. Of course at that age their attention span will be about 2 mins.

#171 10 years ago

Thanks guys, that's very helpful. Think I'll keep my eyes out for one of these.

Quoted from jathomp22:

My daughter is 3 and doesn't seem to be scared of the T-rex at all

Probably helps that he is toofless. Could always paint him purple like Barney.

3 weeks later
#172 10 years ago

Bumping this thread because I have recently bought a stunning HUO game and its wonderful to see people's mods!

Getting great ideas from you guys!

#173 10 years ago
Quoted from Starscream:

Bumping this thread because I have recently bought a stunning HUO game and its wonderful to see people's mods!
Getting great ideas from you guys!

Well lets see some pics of that stunning HUO JP!!

#174 10 years ago

Will do ill do a little shoot tonight
Only mods I've done is LEDs so far

#175 10 years ago

If anyone is looking for a JP, I am selling mine. I have some decent mods in it as well.

JP.jpgJP.jpg JP2.jpgJP2.jpg

#176 10 years ago

singlebanana (lol name) - where did you get your extra dino's?

#177 10 years ago

I believe those are "Papo dinosaurs."

They have them on Amazon.

#178 10 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

singlebanana (lol name) - where did you get your extra dino's?

Correct, they are Papo dinos. I bought them at a local toystore called "Toys & Co.," but yes, you can also find them online.

#179 10 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Added led's and a few items to my JP and thought I'd share a few pics.

Ron that is the best looking JP playfield I've ever seen! Nice job! I love the lighting colors.

#180 10 years ago

I know the PAPO pteranodons are a popular swap-in for the awful looking originals, but they are looking the wrong way if you put them in the same spot, and they have a much wider wingspan. I am happy to report that with a heat gun you can change the way the head turns and you can fold in the wings more as needed to fit your game.

I also added green post covers towards the back where the black ones were, dyed green acorns around the plastics, and stainless steel screws and bolts to replace the dull galvanized ones.

Here are my Pteranodons (sorry, I took the pics with the glass on and with my not so great phone's camera):

IMG_20130906_143542.jpgIMG_20130906_143542.jpg

#181 10 years ago

I also added green post covers towards the back where the black ones were, dyed green acorns around the plastics, and stainless steel screws and bolts to replace the dull galvanized ones.

Agreed that this looks good. If I remember right, the ones from Pinball Life came in 6-32 and I re-tapped mine for 8-32. Though the nylon is soft enough, you could probably just drill a pilot and run them on.

20130906_170426.jpg20130906_170426.jpg

#182 10 years ago
Quoted from southbound:

Agreed that this looks good. If I remember right, the ones from Pinball Life came in 6-32 and I re-tapped mine for 8-32. Though the nylon is soft enough, you could probably just drill a pilot and run them on.

The 6-32 acorns from Pinball Life worked fine for me without modification... It didn't seem to me like they were the wrong size. The only place one wouldn't fit for me is on the right slingshot plastic where the wireform is bolted down. I ordered the white ones and dyed them dark green on my own with Rit Dye.

#183 10 years ago

Nice! I like the green acorns! How do you guys get your ramps so clear? I don't feel comfortable enough to try flame polishing yet. Is there one certain cleaner that works best? I've tried Novus but that didn't do much.

#184 10 years ago

Nice! I like the green acorns! How do you guys get your ramps so clear? I don't feel comfortable enough to try flame polishing yet. Is there one certain cleaner that works best? I've tried Novus but that didn't do much.

I've flamed polished a couple times. Just try it on the subway first. It's not too hard and just don't leave the flame in one spot and keep it moving. I bought a creme brulee cooking torch off Amazon for $20. Here's my Funhouse before and after...

IMAG1893.jpgIMAG1893.jpg IMAG1899.jpgIMAG1899.jpg

#185 10 years ago

On mine, the posts in front of the captured ball have 8-32 threads. I wouldn't rule out that perhaps these posts aren't original.

As far as the clarity of the ramps, I did flame polish mine and the results were very good. I start by giving the ramp a good cleaning with Novus 1 to clean off the surface dirt, followed by a polishing with Novus 2 to remove as much of the ball track as possible. Flame with caution, then finish with another Novus 2 polish.

#186 10 years ago

I'm thinking this game would look awesome with some scoop light mods like TAF's swamp light addition,

Now what to wire it to and what colors hmmmm

#187 10 years ago

I have no space for the original topper... so I improvised.

There are three GI bulbs up top and two game controlled flashers. I replaced the white GI bulbs with green-blue-green LEDs. Slap a T-Rex up there and you've got a topper. I like how the shadows cast on the ceiling.

#189 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

I have no space for the original topper... so I improvised.
There are three GI bulbs up top and two game controlled flashers. I replaced the white GI bulbs with green-blue-green LEDs. Slap a T-Rex up there and you've got a topper. I like how the shadows cast on the ceiling.
» YouTube video

Awesome! I've got the same problem with no clearance for the original topper. I'll be hanging onto it, though to make it a more complete collectible game. I've got a Papo T-rex on order. It might end up as my topper like you've done. I may also try to do something smaller in the same vein as the original, maybe use my CNC machine to carve out the T-rex skull in thick acrylic and edge light it with LEDs... we'll see.

Isn't it nice being able to use pinball as an excuse to buy dinosaur toys?

#190 10 years ago

Another JP Mod I'm working on utilizes the DMD Extender. The attached picture is with it extending the display onto a 4.3" monitor that I plan to mount on the apron. I'll also be experimenting with replacing the DMD with an LCD. The challenge then becomes figuring out how to simultaneously drive high and low definition displays since this is driven by the Raspberry Pi and the Pi can't output to multiple sources. The LCD controller I have on order supposedly takes AV in, so at the very least I could input a low definition signal into the LCD as well as this small monitor with a simple splitter. I'll post back when I have more to show.

I think I've got a color scheme going that works well with the theme. I'm excited about the possibilities!

IMG_20130909_155902.jpgIMG_20130909_155902.jpg

#191 10 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

I think I've got a color scheme going that works well with the theme. I'm excited about the possibilities!

Looking nice! Post a video when you get a chance.

#192 10 years ago

Well, it happened much quicker than I thought it would, but I installed an LCD in place of the DMD within a couple of hours this evening. I have a few tweaks to make, but I'm really happy with it so far! It was a minimally invasive procedure on the DMD panel to get the LCD in. Just a small amount of the lip in the back of the panel had to be cut back. Since the modification is in the back of the panel, it isn't visible once the panel is installed and the translite is in. Reverting back to stock is entirely possible. I'll post some better pictures taken with my Canon when I get a chance instead of my horrible phone's camera.

Jim

IMG_20130910_222158.jpgIMG_20130910_222158.jpg IMG_20130910_222458.jpgIMG_20130910_222458.jpg IMG_20130910_223007.jpgIMG_20130910_223007.jpg IMG_20130910_222635.jpgIMG_20130910_222635.jpg

#194 10 years ago

That looks great! So how does doing this project compare with a Color DMD? I'm sure it's apples to oranges, but are you able to recolor every animation?

#195 10 years ago
Quoted from jeffsgames:

That looks great! So how does doing this project compare with a Color DMD? I'm sure it's apples to oranges, but are you able to recolor every animation?

I can't comment on quality differences between ColorDMD and DMD Extender since I don't have both and have only seen a ColorDMD on a TAF, I think it was, once in passing.

I'm also not that familiar with all of the features and options on the ColorDMD, but DMD Extender allows you to choose a color for each of the 4 shades of dots on Bally/Williams and Sega/DE games. You can't currently colorize the animations beyond the 4 shades you choose, so it is probably comparable to the generic Sigma display from ColorDMD, though I'm not sure whether the Sigma actually allows you to choose the 4 colors, or if it just always uses gradients of the one color you've chosen.

There's also the possibility with the Extender to get multiple displays going at once, such as an apron screen.

You can source your own parts for it, so the total cost for an LCD drop in DMD Extender setup is about half the cost of a ColorDMD. I think Dr Pinball, the manufacturer of DMD Extender, is going to end up making LCD kits at some point.

I do have experience with an XPin LED DMD, and I can say I'm much happier with the LCD and the cost is comparable. I don't like the grid lines that end up showing on the XPin.

For my money, DMD Extender is the best option, and it's the only LCD option currently for Jurassic Park.

In my opinion, whoever ends up providing colorizing tools to the community will be the winner of this screen war.

Jim

#196 10 years ago

sorry to go a bit off topic,

anyone point out where the eyelet bolt that's meant to be on the bottom back of the PF for the rubber strap to hold the PF up

jp.jpgjp.jpg

#197 10 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

sorry to go a bit off topic,
anyone point out where the eyelet bolt that's meant to be on the bottom back of the PF for the rubber strap to hold the PF up

It should line up with the one on the playfield, and will be to the lower right side (toward the front of the machine before the orange label) in your picture. If you can't see it from inside, then look from the bottom of the cabinet. You should hopefully see a t-nut or at least a hole. Mine didn't have an eye bolt when I bought it. I'm assuming it was removed at some point while transporting the machine, since the threads for the bolt would likely protrude out of the bottom.

If you don't have the stock rubber strap with hooks, like I didn't, it is possible to manufacture something similar. I found long rubber straps at the hardware store that had slots cut in it for adjusting where the hooks go. I was able to cut it to an appropriate length and install smaller hooks.

Good luck!

Edit: Looks like you might already have the strap! I think that's what I'm seeing in the picture. You're in better shape than I was.

#198 10 years ago

Thanks champ,

Needs to be a JP member only thread

#199 10 years ago

Here is the one on my JP. Bottom right of playfield when standing up.

I can see the hole in your picture above where the bolt should be.

photo_(20).JPGphoto_(20).JPG

#200 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Here is the one on my JP. Bottom right of playfield when standing up.
I can see the hole in your picture above where the bolt should be.

I think I misunderstood the question. I was thinking he needed the one on the bottom of the cabinet... oh well, he should be good to go either way, now!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mariposa, CA
$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 701 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/share-your-jurassic-park-mods/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.