b2 (resized).JPG
b1 (resized).JPG
jp (resized).png
InkedJP_1_LI (resized).jpg
featured_preview_IMG_2717 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_2123 (resized).jpg
IMG_2247 (resized).jpg
There are 701 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 15.
#101 11 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Papo makes a goat!?! Time to go shopping.

This one is a baby or "kid" but I think the size might me a better fit the the adult. I think the most important part would the the chain. If you don't get that right it could look majorly out of place.

http://www.amazon.com/Papo-51146-White-Kid-Goat/dp/B004JQGRNK/ref=pd_sim_t_2

Edit: Lol, I didn't know they made dinosaurs until this year. I'm from rural Wisconsin and a lot of kids play with the Papo farm animals.

#102 11 years ago

I ended up getting the one that has horns and was shipped free with Prime. I'll paint some black dots on it to match the movie, and I think I've got a broken necklace somewhere that is linked like chain. If I can make it work, I'll post pics. I really like the Papo dinos and think they look the most realistic, and didn't know about them until I was looking for mods on the forum and someone had them. I've got the raptor, 2 pteradons, the T-rex, and the Triceratops. The 2 big ones are on the top of the machine now since they get in the way of going under the hood.

#103 11 years ago

Yeah, my only thought with the baby is size, I'm not sure I'd worry about painting the goat to match the the movie. I doubt even the most die hard Jurassic Park fans remember the spot pattern on the goat. I'm a pretty big fan and I wouldn't have a clue.

#104 11 years ago

The goat is a cool idea, may have to play around with that one myself - Barry

#105 11 years ago

I just hope it doesn't look too out of place next to dinosaurs. I mean if you havne't watch the movie in awhile you might be like WTF is a goat doing in Jurassic Park.

#106 11 years ago

All you've got to do is trigger the "Feed T-Rex" and it gives you a goat on the display and goat noises to remind you.
I only know it has spots because I Google searched to see what kind of goat it was.

#107 11 years ago

Yeah, I know that the goat is on the display. I think it's worth a try to see how it looks, I am the one who suggested it after all. I'm just not 100% sure I'd end up liking it. I think it's better then a 50% chance and worth the $10 it would cost to try it out.

#108 11 years ago

I think a random goat would look pretty bizarre. If it was in a cage like the movie then that would be far better

#109 11 years ago

His name is Snack, and I think he is adorable. He looks way too happy about being that close to Chompy the Rex though. Plus my raptor is sneaking in on him. It is just the goat with a necklace chain reworked into a collar/chain/bell, and the chain stand is a piece of solder wire. Everything can come out in 5 seconds flat, but for now he is going to hang out because I like him.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#110 11 years ago

Here is my lone mod. The headlights light up with the extra ball lamp.

Maybe LEDs later

IMG_0793.JPGIMG_0793.JPG

#111 11 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

His name is Snack, and I think he is adorable. He looks way too happy about being that close to Chompy the Rex though. Plus my raptor is sneaking in on him. It is just the goat with a necklace chain reworked into a collar/chain/bell, and the chain stand is a piece of solder wire. Everything can come out in 5 seconds flat, but for now he is going to hang out because I like him.

That kicks ass. I love it.

#112 11 years ago

I'm loving the goat and the explorer!

Heres my next one I'm working on to replace the plastic plate gate, it will have flickering LED's in all the torch spots!

jps.jpgjps.jpg

#113 11 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

I'm loving the goat and the explorer!
Heres my next one I'm working on to replace the plastic plate gate, it will have flickering LED's in all the torch spots!

Please explain how this was made. I'm sure others will be interested.

#114 11 years ago

thats a really sweet gate mod

#115 11 years ago

Excellent gate! Can't wait to see pics of it in action.

#116 11 years ago

Hey now, libtech, dont be stealing all my cool goat mod thunder with your awesome gate mod. Seriously though, that looks really nice and I need one. I like the Explorer too but am running out of room and dont know where it would go.

#117 11 years ago
Quoted from kypinguy:

Here is my lone mod. The headlights light up with the extra ball lamp.
Maybe LEDs later

Cool, but blocks the mosquito in amber!

MOVE YOUR CAR!

#118 11 years ago

An awesome idea for an explorer car would be to replace the horribly uninspired 'shoot t-rex' box above the pops. Having a wrecked explorer hanging over the heli loop with headlights that turn on would be extremely cool. I hunted far and wide and couldn't find an explorer model big enough that could be used for this purpose.

#119 11 years ago

Not so Nice as blondetall's goat ( great ) but i've a smart goat , he's hiding haha.

DSC_1011.jpgDSC_1011.jpg

#120 11 years ago

My goat almost went back there, but I liked it right beside his head. When the rex eats the ball, it just barely misses the goat by less than 1/4 inch. Love it.

How did your Rex get such nice teeth??

#121 11 years ago

I cut it out à how you call it a tube kit with à dremel. It could be neater but this was only à try.
Looks Much better i think. Install is easy. Trex still works fine

#122 11 years ago

No thunder steeling! And of anyone has any questions just ask!

Trees came I put a few on, I like them!

jp.jpgjp.jpg

#123 11 years ago

Looks good Libtech! I still haven't made my sign, but appreciate the file so that I can. I like your tree placement behind the Rex too. May have to do that after mine's Santa hat comes off.

#124 11 years ago

LEDs look great in this game!

#125 11 years ago

Is it wrong that I'm excited because I got a new, nicer raptor?

j.jpgj.jpg

#126 11 years ago

I like your new raptor. I went through quite a search to find the Papo ones that I got and think yours is one of the better ones I've seen. I still need to make my dock sign!

#127 11 years ago

I've got a solid lead on a Jurassic Park. I might be joining the club again soon.

#128 11 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I've got a solid lead on a Jurassic Park. I might be joining the club again soon.

GO FOR IT..... again.

#129 11 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

That's the reason i don't sell it.
I got mine for a real good price , had enough issues but al solved.
I think the valleu only gets higher.

#130 11 years ago

Yeah, I basically had to sell my first Jurassic Park to fund Fish Tales. Although, since then I've also sold my Johnny Mnemonic. Honestly, the opinion of my friends and family holds a lot of weight. Everyone keeps telling me how they "really liked" the Jurassic Park and no one seemed to like the Johnny Mnemonic (except for me).

#131 11 years ago

I like the tree thing by the flippers. But I think you should put one of those black plastic spacers under it to raise it of the inlane a bit and trim down where it overhangs over the inlane. Love the mods guys.

#132 11 years ago

Yes, Neo was right all along, keep Jurassic Park, it's one of the best pins ever. A list play at B list price...so far anyway.

#133 11 years ago

told you, I know what the good shit is. Don't buy into all the Bally williams hype. Plenty of great games out there by other manufacturers at much better prices.

2 weeks later
#134 11 years ago

DSC_1028.jpgDSC_1028.jpgMade some plastics for the gate to cover the lightbulbs that i had installed
Kl DSC_1028.jpgDSC_1028.jpg DSC_1030.jpgDSC_1030.jpg

1 week later
#135 11 years ago

Hey All

After a month of tinkering Ive got my JP playable.

I managed to work through switch matrix issues - mainly related to the ball trough.
I also had some cowboy wiring under the Playfield that meant 2 lights were on 90% of the time along with a flashing light extra ball and shoot again.

Anyway I'm chasin advice re LEDs.

Anyone use colours in certain spots with good results??
I'm wondering how the blue inserts would look colour matched? Frosted or clear?

What about the headbox? I tried some orange I had on hand. Did nothing.

Thanks
Scotto

2 weeks later
#136 11 years ago

I see you guys really like your JP's as far as modding them goes, but how about gameplay? Do you like playing them as much as modding? Can you really get into several games in a row or do you walk away after one?

The reason I ask is because I can buy one locally for 1900. (maybe less with cash on the glass). It's in great condition with no wear at the outholes or on the playfield and the cabinet looks mint, it also has the topper. I played a few games on it and everything seems to work including the t-rex and shaker. But it's kind of hard to tell if I'd like it long term after just a few games and the price seems a bit high, even though it's near mint.

It appears to be a deep game which I would like, since I have a LW3 for a fast paced pin.

Any insight would be appreciated, I know it's up to me but I'd like to hear from you guys that actually own one!

#137 11 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

I see you guys really like your JP's as far as modding them goes, but how about gameplay? Do you like playing them as much as modding? Can you really get into several games in a row or do you walk away after one?
The reason I ask is because I can buy one locally for 1900. (maybe less with cash on the glass). It's in great condition with no wear at the outholes or on the playfield and the cabinet looks mint, it also has the topper. I played a few games on it and everything seems to work including the t-rex and shaker. But it's kind of hard to tell if I'd like it long term after just a few games and the price seems a bit high, even though it's near mint.
It appears to be a deep game which I would like, since I have a LW3 for a fast paced pin.
Any insight would be appreciated, I know it's up to me but I'd like to hear from you guys that actually own one!

You might as well buy it and play it until you're bored. You won't lose much if anything. I have one and honestly it doesn't hold my interest as much as my other games (i.e. its too easy), but I'm going to open the outlanes up and steepen the playfield soon. That should bring my interest back to it more. It is definitely a fun game...especially trying for the double super jackpots! Very tough to do.

1 week later
#138 11 years ago

How did you guys affix the raptors to the field?

#139 11 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

it will have flickering LED's in all the torch spots!

Been after flickering bulbs for ages! Are these out there? I want some for my JP and also Scared Stiff

#140 11 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

You might as well buy it and play it until you're bored. You won't lose much if anything. I have one and honestly it doesn't hold my interest as much as my other games (i.e. its too easy), but I'm going to open the outlanes up and steepen the playfield soon. That should bring my interest back to it more. It is definitely a fun game...especially trying for the double super jackpots! Very tough to do.

Thanks for your input, can any of you other JP owners weigh in? I'm really having a hard time deciding if I should pull the trigger or wait for something better in this price range to pop up. I'm not a big DE fan as my current and last pin have been DE's, and I'm getting tired of the constant repairs compared to past B/W's pins I've owned.

Thanks!

#141 11 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

I liked mine a alot. I'm not a very good player, but I enjoyed it quite a bit. The theme is awesome, the gameplay is great and several cool modes. I would play several games at a time, only quitting when I either had a great game, or played like total crap.

I traded it today, only because I had an opportunity to get one of my absolute favorites in excellent condition. I'm going to miss JP. I say buy it and have fun. - Barry

#142 11 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Thanks for your input, can any of you other JP owners weigh in? I'm really having a hard time deciding if I should pull the trigger or wait for something better in this price range to pop up.

For the condition and price you mentioned, I'd buy it. You can probably play for a few months and sell for a couple hundred more if you get bored with it. The topper alone is worth $200 and very hard to find JPs with no wear in the front 2 bunker holes.

I got mine set up playing fast and difficult. Some games, I only get through a couple modes and score 100-150 million. It is hard to get through all modes, even setup easy.

The smart bomb really has some strategy to utilizing it for maximum points and they are times when I'm saving it and drain on ball 3 (and get frustrated that I did not use it earlier). I don't think that feature is on any other games.

There is a lot to do in this game. You just have to try for yourself to see if the theme works for you. It is a favorite at our house.

Jesse

2 months later
#143 10 years ago

Just bought a JP about a month ago. Shopped it out this past week and now looking to put some mods in it. I bought the Papo figures (T-Rex for back right corner and 2 raptors for top of raptor pit plastic area, already installed a Pterodon). Can someone tell me, or send pics of how they mounted these. I'm trying to avoid anything evasive that can't be removed. Thanks.

Also, accidental, I'll probably be contacting you soon about those control room/bunker plastics. You still have those available?

#144 10 years ago
Quoted from Phetishboy:

I have also been looking for new side art decals and was trying to find a reasonably priced ceramic ball for the captive egg shot. I haven't found either yet, but I'll keep looking. O
Over the weekend, I decided to go one step further and add some inner art, as the black insides just weren't cutting it. I had purchased a set of jungle themed inner art for my Congo, but the more I looked at it, the more I realized that the style and look of it were better suited for my JP. I decided to install it on Saturday, and man am I happy I did. It absolutely dressed the machine up with some color and gave the playfield a much needed three dimensional feel.

I want a set of those inner decals, they look unbelievable.. How much?

#145 10 years ago
Quoted from singlebanana:

Just bought a JP about a month ago. Shopped it out this past week and now looking to put some mods in it. I bought the Papo figures (T-Rex for back right corner and 2 raptors for top of raptor pit plastic area, already installed a Pterodon). Can someone tell me, or send pics of how they mounted these. I'm trying to avoid anything evasive that can't be removed. Thanks.

I mounted my raptor above the raptor pit by looping some wire around his angle and under the nearest hex nut above a washer. Very sturdy and with the washer there's no chance of it damaging plastics.

Quoted from singlebanana:

Also, accidental, I'll probably be contacting you soon about those control room/bunker plastics. You still have those available?

Absolutely! I've got a production revision due in a few weeks which I have a few buyers waiting for. I can ship my current version right away but people have been happy to wait for me to ship the revised design in several weeks.

Just visit www.loopcombo.com

#146 10 years ago

RAWR

He knows who's naughty and who's nice.

#147 10 years ago

I bought a set of the loopcombo scoop icons and I really like them, looks much better than the two lights above the scoops. I used LED's as recommended but also put the green bulb condoms over the top bulbs to make them a deeper green. I'll try green LED's when I order more bulbs.

The free apron cards are high quality and I used those as well.

#148 10 years ago

I just got a sweet deal on my JP and here is what I have done with mine so far.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#149 10 years ago

after looking at your gate mods. SOmeone should make a gate door mod that when you trigger the wire ramp entrance. the doors open up as well as you pass through. Like make them hinged. and have a wire flip them open and spring shut as the wire pulls up or down. Would take some work, but could be done. Or just redesign it from scratch and put those flicker teekee lights on the top to simulate flames as well.

#150 10 years ago

That would be so cool. You almost want to have the gates on a really light hinge with wire tabs hanging down that the ball hits to push them open. Ramp shots would then be really satisfying!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mariposa, CA
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 701 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/share-your-jurassic-park-mods/page/3?hl=hawxby and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.