b2 (resized).JPG
b1 (resized).JPG
jp (resized).png
InkedJP_1_LI (resized).jpg
featured_preview_IMG_2717 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_2123 (resized).jpg
IMG_2247 (resized).jpg
There are 701 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 15.
#51 11 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Yellow powder coating, black striped rails, inside cabinet decals and light bar look great and very professionally done.

Thanks. I am pretty happy with the results so far. Would love to find a topper.

#52 11 years ago

The lightstrip i installed is also powered on its own adaptor, but its connect to a connector that wasn't used in the right back of the cabinet. Looks great

#53 11 years ago

I've just picked up a JP.

I think I'll have a look at some powdercoating while I get it up and running.

Just wondering if anyone has seen or had a crack at powdercoating the ball launch gun?
Would appreciate a pic if anyone has.

Cheers
Scotto

#54 11 years ago
Quoted from ScottoKong:

I've just picked up a JP.
I think I'll have a look at some powdercoating while I get it up and running.
Just wondering if anyone has seen or had a crack at powdercoating the ball launch gun?
Would appreciate a pic if anyone has.
Cheers
Scotto

I have been debating this for a while now. I think I'd like to enhance the pistol grip panels somehow, while leaving the JP and the rest of the gun black.

#55 11 years ago
Quoted from Phetishboy:

I have been debating this for a while now. I think I'd like to enhance the pistol grip panels somehow, while leaving the JP and the rest of the gun black.

You just need some of this:

http://www.powdertape.com/

#56 11 years ago

I've done a few. Powder coated lockdown bar, side rails, legs and backbox hinges, coin reject inserts, instruction/freeplay cards, shadowbox for lit banner and led backlit backround. -Barry

IMG_9155.JPGIMG_9155.JPG IMG_9171.JPGIMG_9171.JPG IMG_9187.JPGIMG_9187.JPG IMG_9188.JPGIMG_9188.JPG IMG_9197.JPGIMG_9197.JPG IMG_9177_1.JPGIMG_9177_1.JPG

#58 11 years ago

Anyone modded out the chrome DE belt buckle above the lockdown bar?

#59 11 years ago

I am most interested in this one:

and led backlit backround. -Barry

When I pulled my playfield and looked, it was attached to a huge piece of black plywood. Did you remove, replace or route that piece to achieve this effect? Or did you just add spacers for the led strips to fit in? I assume EL panels would work well here, but they are expansive as hell.

lit_backdrop.JPGlit_backdrop.JPG

#60 11 years ago

I also noticed your yellow is a bit paler than mine.

Yours:

JP_Lite_Yellow.JPGJP_Lite_Yellow.JPG

Mine:

DSC02370.jpgDSC02370.jpg

When I went to my powder coater, they only had one yellow in stock, the one I used. Was it the same with you, or did you want to go lighter? I really like the way yellow looks on this machine.

#61 11 years ago

i like the side rails, but i think the lock down bar and legs would look better in red....would that be too much? im a two-tone type of guy.

#62 11 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

i like the side rails, but i think the lock down bar and legs would look better in red....would that be too much? im a two-tone type of guy.

Nah, I don't think it would be too much. Tell you the truth, I'd like it either way (that's why I added the red buttons).

close_up_red_button.jpgclose_up_red_button.jpg

I'm not a 'one way is best' kinda guy. I realize a lot of this is trial and error, and you'll never really know how things are gonna look until you take the plunge and just go for it. I just happened to choose yellow, so I'm gonna stick with it.

#63 11 years ago

Phet those siderails are AMAZING! I love how you left yellow for a border also. Very nice touch! Really makes it stand out. These really bring the machine together well.

#64 11 years ago
Quoted from jeffsgames:

Phet those siderails are AMAZING! I love how you left yellow for a border also. Very nice touch! Really makes it stand out. These really bring the machine together well.

Thanks brotha. The border was achieved by laying 1/4" masking tape down around the edges before doing the diagonal stripes. This was exactly how I assumed the heat tape would have to be applied if doing this design in powder coat. I just wanted to try it on my own as I didn't want to wait another month to install my side rails. Glad I just went ahead and did it.

#65 11 years ago
Quoted from Phetishboy:

I'm not a 'one way is best' kinda guy. I realize a lot of this is trial and error, and you'll never really know how things are gonna look until you take the plunge and just go for it. I just happened to choose yellow, so I'm gonna stick with it.

Phetishboy, those danger rails are awesome! I like the all yellow look myself...either all yellow or all red would be my choice with different color flipper buttons as you have done. Well done sir!

#66 11 years ago

Dang Phet! Can you come over to my house and mod some of my pins out like you did your JP? FANTASTIC job!

#67 11 years ago
Quoted from Phetishboy:

I am most interested in this one:

When I pulled my playfield and looked, it was attached to a huge piece of black plywood. Did you remove, replace or route that piece to achieve this effect? Or did you just add spacers for the led strips to fit in? I assume EL panels would work well here, but they are expansive as hell.

I wish I had taken pics. I removed the wood piece which is 3/8 thick. I had a local plastics shop cut a piece of 1/4 inch plex the exact same size. I sanded the front side with my orbital sander to give it a frosted sheen. I then routed out the bottom about an inch and drilled small holes up into the bottom edge. I glued in 32 LEDs and wired them up so they shine vertically lighting up the front panel. To get the 3/8 thickness I use 1/8" abs plastic sheet. For all the holes to mount the background and ramp bracket. I drilled holes all the way through and used t-nuts on the back with short #6 machine screws.

I tried el panel and I didn't like it

#68 11 years ago
Quoted from Phetishboy:

I also noticed your yellow is a bit paler than mine.
Yours:

Mine:

When I went to my powder coater, they only had one yellow in stock, the one I used. Was it the same with you, or did you want to go lighter? I really like the way yellow looks on this machine.

He had a yellow in stock but is was way too dark. He said he'd get a better match and that is what he gave me. I was pissed at first since it didn't match but once it's in the house it doesn't look as pale as those pics. It was really cheap though. Next time I'll decide the color so if it doesn't match it's all me

#69 11 years ago
Quoted from bflagg:

I wish I had taken pics. I removed the wood piece which is 3/8 thick. I had a local plastics shop cut a piece of 1/4 inch plex the exact same size. I sanded the front side with my orbital sander to give it a frosted sheen. I then routed out the bottom about an inch and drilled small holes up into the bottom edge. I glued in 32 LEDs and wired them up so they shine vertically lighting up the front panel. To get the 3/8 thickness I use 1/8" abs plastic sheet. For all the holes to mount the background and ramp bracket. I drilled holes all the way through and used t-nuts on the back with short #6 machine screws.
I tried el panel and I didn't like it

Whoa, that sounds like a bitch. Looks cool as hell though.

#70 11 years ago
Quoted from Phetishboy:

Whoa, that sounds like a bitch. Looks cool as hell though.

I like how it turned out, but I don't know I'd do it again...

#71 11 years ago

I'm not sure, green licht under lockbar

O

DSC_0901.jpgDSC_0901.jpg DSC_0904.jpgDSC_0904.jpg DSC_0895.jpgDSC_0895.jpg

#72 11 years ago

Nice! Actually the striping really fits the JP theme!

For mine (although I've had it for 3 or so years, now I want to mod it) I want to do the following:

I like the palm trees so I bought some of them they are on their way
Mine has a raptor added, but not a nice one so I ordered a more detailed one.
Replace the Pteranodons
I think the amber needs some sort of GI
The banner looks great lit up!

And I just built a east dock sign that I want to put above the top right flipper pointing towards the dock (I still need to make a mount and possibly a light):

PFM_4549.JPGPFM_4549.JPG PFM_4547.JPGPFM_4547.JPG

#73 11 years ago

hey Libtech - love the sign. Any graphics you could share?
Unless you want to make me 1!

Scotto

#74 11 years ago

Ok libtech, this is whats you ment?
yes..... Much better

DSC_0922.jpgDSC_0922.jpg

#75 11 years ago

Sure PM your email if you want the JPG, I don't really have the time to make em

Hey Nike, are you talking about the raptor? Lots of glare but he looks great, you can see the tail of the one I have in my pic but its pretty crappy looking one so I bought this one on ebay and these 3" palm trees (which if anyone needs some let me know, I bought 36 and only need 3 or 4 ha )

Nice T-rex teeth btw!

jp.jpgjp.jpg p.jpgp.jpg

#76 11 years ago

How much for the palm trees?

#77 11 years ago

No thats not what i ment, i put some gi lights behind the JP entrance plastic. I'm still looking tot palm trees but couldn't find any. Raptor looks great. DSC_0931.jpgDSC_0931.jpg

Post edited by nike2001 : better pic

#78 11 years ago

Ok yea! That looks cool actually! I like it!

If you need some trees PM me, I could probably do 10-15 bucks shipped for 5 trees, I'll have about 30 extra!

#79 11 years ago

This is cool. Me want.

PFM_4547.JPGPFM_4547.JPG

#80 11 years ago

Me want too! PM sent.

#81 11 years ago

Here you go boys so you can make your own

sign.jpgsign.jpg

#82 11 years ago

love the side rails. It really makes the game.

#83 11 years ago

looks great. Love it. Great mods guys. Can't wait to get a JP back so I can do this stuff.

#84 11 years ago

Hi Guys

About to order some LEDS from Pinballlife.

Just wondering what colored LEDs people have used?
Pop-Bumbers?
FLashers?

Scotto

#85 11 years ago
Quoted from ScottoKong:

Hi Guys
About to order some LEDS from Pinballlife.
Just wondering what colored LEDs people have used?
Pop-Bumbers?
FLashers?
Scotto

I want to get some LEDs after the first of the year. I had the same question. Thanks!

#86 11 years ago

why do I keep coming here? I don't even own a JP anymore. ;(

#87 11 years ago

Mine came with blue LEDs in the back (which brightens it up some,) green under the front, and then we highlighted the raptor pit in red and changed the mosquito area to an orange light and orange flasher. I put in color-changing in the pop bumpers. It would look better with clear tops instead of the stock yellow, but I like the dinos on them so whatever. image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#88 11 years ago

Sorry no leds exept light and lockbar

DSC_0937.jpgDSC_0937.jpg

#89 11 years ago
Quoted from nike2001:

Sorry no leds exept light and lockbar

And I think you're much better off for it.

#90 11 years ago

Pffffftttt.

I've got to blind my mom somehow so she doesn't beat my top scores. Did you see the thread I made for you where she got 1.4B on Frank? I can't have her taking over my JP too... lol.

#91 11 years ago

Heh. That's a pretty good tactic, I reckon'!

#92 11 years ago

Mini mod time. Got my raptor in place and added some greenery.

Fern:

DSC02431.jpgDSC02431.jpg DSC02433.jpgDSC02433.jpg DSC02432.jpgDSC02432.jpg

Of course I'll now have to paint the screw and washer green to match, but that's no big deal. I really need another one of these for the other side, so if you have one or know where I can get one, LMK.

#93 11 years ago

Raptor and Palm Tree:

// Error: Image 57884 not found // DSC02434.jpgDSC02434.jpg // Error: Image 57885 not found // DSC02436.jpgDSC02436.jpg DSC02438.jpgDSC02438.jpg

And lit up:

DSC02441.jpgDSC02441.jpg

I had a Triceratops to add, but I'll need to grab one a bit smaller, as the one I have is just a few millimeters too big to fit in the back right corner where I had planned to put him. Oh well, I'll find one the right size at some point.

#94 11 years ago

And whole playfield so far:

DSC02442.jpgDSC02442.jpg

#95 11 years ago

Looks good Phetishboy, any idea where to get that inner side art from? I know you got it from a pinsider for your Congo but can't find it anywhere to buy.

#96 11 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

Looks good Phetishboy, any idea where to get that inner side art from? I know you got it from a pinsider for your Congo but can't find it anywhere to buy.

Thanks. Nope, no idea where to get it any more, so I am gonna recreate the art in illustrator, correct the gradients and blacks (both are a bit muted on mine) add a few dino silhouettes and a few more palm trees and have a few sets printed and laminated. I will then start a FS thread in marketplace when I am ready to sell them. Price will be in the $85 shipped per set range if I can keep the printing costs down. It'll be a few weeks/months, but I am confident that it WILL happen.

#97 11 years ago

Awesome, count me in.

#98 11 years ago

I think the main reasons I want another Jurassic Park, besides being my all time favorite movie, is to do some modding.

If I ever get another Jurassic Park; LEDs would be a must. Next, if I could find one for a decent parice, I'd swap out the captive ball with a Twilight Zone power ball. That would represent the egg. I'd add in a Papo velociraptor above the kicker and swap out the pteranodons. A Papo goat might even find it's way below the T-Rex. I don't think it would be hard to design a chain to fit around a toy goat. I might also try out some high quality palm trees from a hobby store. I haven't really liked several of the ones posted here, but that's what's fun about modding you can make it your own. Finally, I'd add the lit signage above the scoops, not only does that add to the looks, I think it actually improves the gameplay.

#99 11 years ago

Papo makes a goat!?! Time to go shopping.

#100 11 years ago

That inner side art is very nice.

I tried the powerball to replace my egg... but the package somehow got ran over, ripped open, and then was delivered to me with nothing inside.. thank you USPS.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 701 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/share-your-jurassic-park-mods/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.