b2 (resized).JPG
b1 (resized).JPG
jp (resized).png
InkedJP_1_LI (resized).jpg
featured_preview_IMG_2717 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_2123 (resized).jpg
IMG_2247 (resized).jpg
There are 701 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 15.
#651 5 years ago
Quoted from Geteos:

Looks pretty good. What size LED are you using in the holders?

3mm flickering amber LEDs. I bought a bag of them online, but you can also scavenge 5mm flickering LEDs (and 3V lithium batteries!) from those dollar store LED tea lights.

While printing the final version of the gate parts today, I wired in this big guy. The Jeep is a Matchbox JP car I modified with LED headlights. I'll be replacing that clear shield the Jeep is sitting on there with a sculpted terrain piece that gives the Jeep a road to drive on. I'll use the flasher socket underneath there to power the headlights and add a spotlight on the T-rex.

trex (resized).JPGtrex (resized).JPG
#652 5 years ago

Nice stuff! This is a really good game to mod eh, lots of space to put toys and lighting.

I did the same thing with the flasher socket there to power my jeep’s headlights and a piece of strip light for some white underglow for it too. Works really well.

#653 5 years ago

Hey All - if anyone has an east dock sign or static gate mod that they'd be willing to sell I would love to pick them up!

#654 5 years ago

Since Tim is hanging it up, I designed and created my own East Dock sign.

IMG_1955.JPGIMG_1955.JPGIMG_1956.JPGIMG_1956.JPG
#656 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Chain-link fence effect is awesome!

Thanks, Mr_Tantrum! I was an easy but effective iinterior side arts for Jurassic Park Pinball. I had an idea for a complex alternative. I hope to work in this idea soon.

You are doing a good work too!

I´m uploading my custom cards! In some days I will finish to update my designs and I will show a link.

Regards

#657 5 years ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

Thanks, Mr_Tantrum! I was an easy but effective iinterior side arts for Jurassic Park Pinball. I had an idea for a complex alternative. I hope to work in this idea soon.
I´m uploading my custom cards! In some days I will finish to update my designs and I will show a link.
Regards

Looking forward to seeing the custom cards. Your ones for other games looked great.

#658 5 years ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

Regards

Can't wait to see your stuff. All of your cards I've seen are awesome and second to none!

#659 5 years ago

Hope someone someday makes blades with heli pad waterfall, electric fences, and the visitors centre and ford explorers.

I think the existing ones are to orange or big leafs with black dinos
Not my cup of tea

#660 5 years ago

Yes, my concept is with electric fences and vegetacion and eyes between jungle.

Regards

#661 5 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Finally got my TREX fixed so I could finish everything topside.
Last guy put in TREX scoop light, backlit background, and provided Loopback Combo Mod. I put in sideblades, LEDs, a Mattel Raptor, lit Jeep, painted the pop caps, and but in some trees. All in all it's great.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I love the juxtaposition - prehistoric next to futuristic themed pins.

22309e977dd453a846e2f30adaf1a57dfaf95a8a (resized).jpg22309e977dd453a846e2f30adaf1a57dfaf95a8a (resized).jpg
#662 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I love the juxtaposition - prehistoric next to futuristic themed pins.[quoted image]

Glad you like the combo... but I already traded out the Attack From Mars for a Hobbit. I seem to be going through them pretty fast.

#663 5 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Glad you like the combo... but I already traded out the Attack From Mars for a Hobbit. I seem to be going through them pretty fast.

Ah man, if I ever had an AFM I would probably be buried in it.

#664 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Ah man, if I ever had an AFM I would probably be buried in it.

I put about 500 games on it in a couple of months. Great game. I decided I'd like something a little deeper and went with the Hobbit. I've decided I'm gong to trade out my games every year as there are just sooooo many great games out there I want to experience. One A tier game and one B tier game (maybe even a C tier game down the line). Jurassic Park's great! But I'll probably trade it out for a Fish Tales or Stern Pro next year. One of the things I like about this hobby is these machines are pretty liquid, and can change out pretty easily.

#665 5 years ago

Ohhh yeahh

#666 5 years ago

Yes!
Sorry guys, i just have the weird guilty pleasure of being post 666
Hell yeah!

#667 5 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Yes!
Sorry guys, i just have the weird guilty pleasure of being post 666
Hell yeah!

"Woe to you, oh Earth and sea, for the Devil sends the Beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the Beast
For it is a human number, its number is six hundred and sixty six"

#668 5 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

"Woe to you, oh Earth and sea, for the Devil sends the Beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the Beast
For it is a human number, its number is six hundred and sixty six"

Now youre number 667, that makes you the neighbour of the beast! My friend!

#669 5 years ago

As promised, here is my completed Jurassic Park gate mod.

That's about 40 hours of work, including design from scratch, print time, paint-prep, and wiring (which was a royal PITA to feed through the posts).

Some people have asked about buying one, now that Tim's Mods seems to have abandoned their amazing JP gate. I'm still considering it. I have no problems posting the files on Thingiverse for others to use for free, but I'm not sure I want to through all that effort again to build a completed one.

I have a lot more images and short videos of the build process on my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fortnerindustries/?hl=en

finished (resized).jpgfinished (resized).jpg
#670 5 years ago
Quoted from Rambo:

I have no problems posting the files on Thingiverse for others to use for free,

That would be awesome!

#671 5 years ago

Just posted my custom target decals in JP Club forum: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/113#post-4925290

TargetPhoto1 (resized).jpgTargetPhoto1 (resized).jpgTargetPhoto2 (resized).jpgTargetPhoto2 (resized).jpgTargetPhoto3 (resized).jpgTargetPhoto3 (resized).jpg
#672 5 years ago

Anyone have trouble with a colordmd LCD install? In the colordmd menu's everything is fine but once I exit the screen has a weird flickering going on.

#673 5 years ago

Total noob question - I picked up the Modfathers Jeep with LED's and the clips to attach to the socket flasher on the underside of the board.

Does it matter which clip (Black/Red) gets attached to which socket flasher post? will this damage the game if incorrectly installed?

Anyone have a pic handy of how they'd run the wire and how they attached the clips under the playfield?

Thanks!

#674 5 years ago

No damage, the Jeep just won’t work if it’s wired backwards.

#675 5 years ago
Quoted from Geteos:

Just make sure your machine is off when you attach it...

#676 5 years ago
Quoted from Geteos:

Quoted from tiltmonster:

Just make sure your machine is off when you attach it...

Thanks!

#677 5 years ago

FYI for anyone holding out for a Pinsound+ -- I just got an email that says they're doing free worldwide shipping for the next 48 hours -- coupon code is WINGS -- if only I waited an extra 4 days before buying one

#678 5 years ago

Starting to build a collection of my custom mods, so thought I would put them all together in one link. You can see everything I have available here: http://www.thezumwaltfamily.com/jppinball, and just PM if you would like to purchase anything at anytime.

#680 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Just posted my custom target decals in JP Club forum: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/113#post-4925290[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I installed a set of JP target decals that I received from Mr_Tantrum and they are very well done. Shipping was fast and the target decals arrived in perfect condition. See installed photos below.

Gord

P1010341 (resized).JPGP1010341 (resized).JPG
P1010340 (resized).JPGP1010340 (resized).JPG
P1010342 (resized).JPGP1010342 (resized).JPG
P1010350 (resized).JPGP1010350 (resized).JPG
P1010348 (resized).JPGP1010348 (resized).JPG

#681 4 years ago

Finally had a weekend off from work so I installed v6 Roms from Matt's Basement Arcade (my game still had V4.04 roms in it -- this one made a HUGE difference), ColorDMD, Pinsound+, Pinsound speakers & subwoofer, Mr_Tantrum 's coin door inserts and his East Dock sign, modfather's light up jeep, geteos' JP Gate, Matchbox's Ford Explorer, Tim's Raptor Crate (I superglued the front door half-open for a little extra fun) plus new Papo dino-toys through out.

Also got Davi's ball through board but am super reluctant to install as I'm new to soldering, but that will be coming up shortly!

IMG_2249 (resized).jpgIMG_2249 (resized).jpg

IMG_2244 (resized).jpgIMG_2244 (resized).jpgIMG_2247 (resized).jpgIMG_2247 (resized).jpgIMG_2123 (resized).jpgIMG_2123 (resized).jpg
#682 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnJN:

Finally had a weekend off from work so I installed v6 Roms from Matt's Basement Arcade (my game still had V4.04 roms in it -- this one made a HUGE difference), ColorDMD, Pinsound+, Pinsound speakers & subwoofer, mr_tantrum 's coin door inserts and his East Dock sign, modfather's light up jeep, geteos' JP Gate, Matchbox's Ford Explorer, Tim's Raptor Crate (I superglued the front door half-open for a little extra fun) plus new Papo dino-toys through out.
Also got Davi's ball through board but am super reluctant to install as I'm new to soldering, but that will be coming up shortly!
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice!

#683 4 years ago

Nice, you decked out that JP really fast!

1 month later
#685 4 years ago

Anyone that’s installed an external power supply in their JP willing to post pics showing the wiring setup? I’m hoping to patch into the game power at the appropriate spot so that the power supply will power off when the game is switched off (instead of plugging into the always-on service outlet).

I’m looking at something like this (I need both 5v and 12v):
ebay.com link: 16A 110 220V Arcade Switching Power Supply Multicade Jamma 8 Liner Game Cabinets

#686 4 years ago

I had put a switching power supply like that in mine initially. I then changed it to an atx power supply because I needed -12v to supply to the sound board.
For the connections, I used the connector for the AC hot/common. Re-pinned the molex to piggy back with the original wires. The ground was connected under the service panel where the power cord ground wire is connected. Circled in white

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
#687 4 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

I had put a switching power supply like that in mine initially. I then changed it to an atx power supply because I needed -12v to supply to the sound board.

Thank you for responding! I'll take a close look at the picture and description and hopefully I can figure out what's going on there.

Betraying my ignorance of electrical matters, are you saying you changed to a different power supply b/c the switching power supply has a "+12v" output but no "-12v" output? @NPO seems to have had success powering a Pinsound board and a ColorDMD off of the switching power supply I linked to:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/powering-colordmd-and-or-pinsound-with-external-supply#post-4832822

#688 4 years ago

I'm not using pinsound. I wanted the -12v so I could power the original sound board to get rid of the annoying Data East hum.

#689 4 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

I'm not using pinsound. I wanted the -12v so I could power the original sound board to get rid of the annoying Data East hum.

Thanks. Another stupid question -- I found a controller on eBay with outputs for +12v / -12v / +5v (but no -5v).
ebay.com link: Happ Controls Power Pro Power Supply P N 80 0003 UL New

Is there any reason I'd want -5v output instead of -12v? Or would this be a good way to go?

#690 4 years ago

I don't think so, unless you have a mod that requires -5v.

8 months later
#691 4 years ago

I didn't realise that someone new (Mr_Tantrum) was making East Dock signs now that Tim handed in the towel. I've been working on this (prototype) 3D printed one myself. I'm still trying to finalise the exact dimensions of everything though.

Final version will have stickers (not just paper bluetac'ed on) and possibly a slightly redesigned base to prevent any potential ball traps.

featured_preview_IMG_2717 (resized).jpgfeatured_preview_IMG_2717 (resized).jpg
#692 4 years ago

In addition to the East Dock sign, you can see all of my available JP mods here: http://thezumwaltfamily.com/jppinball

#693 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

In addition to the East Dock sign, you can see all of my available JP mods here: http://thezumwaltfamily.com/jppinball

Your mods look great and I quite like the target stickers. But I'm from the UK so importing pretty much anything from the states can be expensive/problematic. I have one of Tims gate mods but I was hit by huge customs and import fees which put me off getting anything else and now his shop is closed. I was gutted that I didn't get a dock sign but now I have my own 3D printer I thought I'd have a go at making one myself. I haven't decided yet to place it right at the back by the scoop or to put it by the 3rd flipper. The location will depend on the type of stand I create as I don't want to inadvertently create a potential balltrap.

#694 4 years ago
Quoted from Mercifull:

Your mods look great and I quite like the target stickers. But I'm from the UK so importing pretty much anything from the states can be expensive/problematic. I have one of Tims gate mods but I was hit by huge customs and import fees which put me off getting anything else and now his shop is closed. I was gutted that I didn't get a dock sign but now I have my own 3D printer I thought I'd have a go at making one myself. I haven't decided yet to place it right at the back by the scoop or to put it by the 3rd flipper. The location will depend on the type of stand I create as I don't want to inadvertently create a potential balltrap.

Yeah, I've shipped mods all over the world, and the extra shipping costs are definitely something that can be cost prohibitive. For decals and such, it's easy because I can mail them in a letter so postage is minimal.

3D printing is a fun and useful hobby. I enjoy designing things for all different purposes: pinball mods, games/puzzles, utility items, etc. Have fun learning and creating things, and the pinball world is always big enough for everyone who wants to create and offer mods to do so.

1 year later
#695 2 years ago

Hi guys, I am putting my JP back together and I have a hole on my plastic where I see a screw on a pic I grabbed from here. Can anybody tell me what that screw is attached to? My JP came to me from an arcade in Germany and so I'm guessing the engineer just removed that bit at some stage.

I've highlighted the screw I'm talking about.

InkedJP_1_LI (resized).jpgInkedJP_1_LI (resized).jpg
#696 2 years ago
Quoted from gunnermac:

Hi guys, I am putting my JP back together and I have a hole on my plastic where I see a screw on a pic I grabbed from here. Can anybody tell me what that screw is attached to? My JP came to me from an arcade in Germany and so I'm guessing the engineer just removed that bit at some stage.
I've highlighted the screw I'm talking about.
[quoted image]

I think it's a clear mini post, screwed in from underneath the plastic.

https://www.stern-spareparts.de/en/mini-post-clear-550-5052-01_37625_9181

As far as I know, it's there's to keep the ball from getting trapped up in that plastic. I've had the ball get stuck up there even with the post. I doubt it's needed for home use and doesn't really add any visual appeal.

11 months later
#697 1 year ago

Getting my JP next week and buying mod stuff...

Found plenty of palmtrees on amazon Deutschland (located in Belgium) and just wondering how you guys fix these ?

Also wondering what the best scale (size in cm) is for the wrangler jeep on the right side plastic. 1/32 or 1/43 ?

Thx and looking forward to fight the dino's

10 months later
#698 11 months ago

I've just put up a preorder for may for my new "deLuxE" armor for #Foo Fighters as well as Godzilla and Rush and #james-bond-007
I can do Jurassic park also and might as well since it's a pre-order

if anyone wants one I'll do the JP T-rex in the same angular style as the 007 (shown below) with red or silver (reflective silver) inset

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1463-arcade-cabinetscom/08505-pinbawlers-deluxe-armor-pre-order

these will not be made on demand as the process is completely different and to make them reasonable cost I'm going to order the material at one time (every so often) and just pump them out. I probably will have extras after each run but they will be priced higher than the pre-order price if any exist.

b1 (resized).JPGb1 (resized).JPGb2 (resized).JPGb2 (resized).JPGjp (resized).pngjp (resized).png
3 months later
#699 7 months ago

Introducing the JP 30th Anniversary pinball banner, based on the original banner. Made from heavy vinyl, 24' x 62' and has the corner grommets to make it easy to hang in your gameroom. Be a great compliment to your 30th Anniversary edition pin. You can order now on my Pinside store with the link below. $120 plus $10 shipping. Cheers.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1505-duke-pinball/09269-jurassic-park-30th-anniversary-pinball-banner-

30.1 (resized).png30.1 (resized).png30.2 png (resized).png30.2 png (resized).png

7 months later
#700 5 days ago

Hi all, first post in this thread, I wanted to share a couple mods that I'm hoping sooner than later I'll put on thingiverse for free if anyone is interested. My JP didn't come with the pterodactyls so I wanted to see if I can do something that would work instead. So I found this one here https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5843686 and ended up designing a bracket to attach to it so it would hold on the left ramp with the original screw and clip into the plastic side as well. I then airbrushed it with a couple tones of brown and I think it it turned out pretty good, the 3D print lines don't show as much in person.

20240304_210637 (resized).jpg20240304_210637 (resized).jpg20240306_074125 (resized).png20240306_074125 (resized).png20240306_074147 (resized).png20240306_074147 (resized).png20240306_074157 (resized).png20240306_074157 (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mariposa, CA
Machine - For Sale
London, ON
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 701 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/share-your-jurassic-park-mods/page/14?hl=hodgesm0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.