Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by TreyBo69
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider treybo69.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 3 years ago

He had some good stuff. He had some nasty stuff. And he had a ton of filler.

I always thought his “master” episodes were the worst. Just him talking to himself with a voice modulator as if it was a Sith Lord or something

A few times he’d make a great fake interview with audio clips from movies and TV shows. Not all were good, but I remember having a few chuckles once in a while

His best was always the episodes were he put in effort to research things and prepare for the show. I wasn’t deep enough into the hobby to see the Skit B thing happen in real time, but he had some great episodes recapping it. In particular I remember him going through the audio from Kevin’s court day. Ditto for Heighway. He also had some very informative pods about the history of various companies, analyzing strengths and weaknesses.

Any Ben Heck episode was great. The two of them really complimented each other’s different personality, background, and knowledge.

It was neat when he could get someone like George Gomez on before Stern understandably cut ties with him.

The Pinside Babies were amusing in the way a car crash draws your attention.

The day to day pods mostly weren’t worth listening to. Lots of energy, some good points, some misinformation, a lot of trolling, and not an especially deep understanding of history or knowledge of older games (which is fine, he mostly only wanted to cover new in box games but knowing the past can inform a lot about discussing new games). He was usually inconsistent in his arguments depending on what he felt like arguing that day

Some of his bullying was mildly amusing before I realized he was just incapable of letting certain things go. Then it got pretty sad.

Over the span of about two years I probably listened to half of his 499 episodes plus however many more that got deleted. Some I got, some I didn’t.

I got pretty turned off on him after seeing the way he drunkenly ranted on Facebook Live. I don’t think it took away from some of his more pointed and well articulated criticisms, but it certainly tainted my opinion of him as a regular person. It made me think something like the NYC Pinball Championship likely wasn’t the first time he’s thrown a drink in someone’s face when he gets angered and flustered.

Alcohol can amplify the worst parts of a persons characteristics. I definitely started to tune out after seeing him just being an ass out of spite. Stuff like mocking people for not making as much money as him as if that makes him superior. I’d be down to get lunch with him, but never a drink. (Id offer him some smoke to see if that calms him down)

I don’t like how things ended for him, but I’m not exactly upset about it either. I’d say he was like 51% a positive impact for the hobby and 49% a negative distraction, shit ball, and unnecessarily antagonistic

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

Being warned for trying to post something about Kaneda on pinside... no you can...

Ha. That rule just made guys like me, who were new to the forum, seek him out more.

Then I began to notice how a few pinheads at league would chat about stuff he had recently said, also without ever saying his name. It was like listening to him was a shameful secret.

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Yeah, he definitely did some weird stuff on those drunken streams. He was very easy to dunk on when he was like that too, and it was almost always a good time to get out the popcorn. It was funny because he'd flash stacks of cash on stream, but then I'd always laugh to myself because he was throwing away $2000 a month on "Building Maintenance" and his internet was still way crappier than mine. Guess all that money doesn't buy common sense or good internet!

I try not to count other people’s money or how they spend it. But at the same time, he threw a ton of money into cars he hardly drove, got wasted off expensive booze that he buys because it is expensive, and then had this relatively small apartment that didn’t look particularly nice. Different priorities

It also seemed like sometimes he hung out with the actual deep pockets of the hobby and was just trying to keep up with them. Good old capitalism, where your bank account is the video game score of your life.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider treybo69.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/share-your-favorite-worst-ridiculous-kaneda-moments?tu=treybo69 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.