(Topic ID: 32428)

Share you HEP Clearcoated Cabinet Stories

By jpop

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Hi...any folks have some high end restorations completed with a clear coat cabinet? Wondering how it lasts, cracks and overall thoughts? If it scratches what do you do?? Is it worth $750 more? Jpop

#2 11 years ago

750? Woosha. I'd love to do it to Shuttle, but man... consider that reconsidered!

#3 11 years ago

I have a Pinbot with a restored clearcoated cabinet. I think it looks great! WOZ certainly looks awesome! As far as scratches, I guess it depends how deep they are. You could potentially buff them out.

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from jpop:

Hi...any folks have some high end restorations completed with a clear coat cabinet? Wondering how it lasts, cracks and overall thoughts? If it scratches what do you do?? Is it worth $750 more? Jpop

Research for a personal game or one your building for us to buy?

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from jpop:

Hi John,
    I think you should change the title .
    HEP = High End Pins a specific restoration company.
    You are looking for generic experiences of people with clear coated cabinets and those experiences may fall well outside of HEP standards.

A properly and well done cleared cabinet will be much harder to scratch and will hold up far better than an uncleared one if it is direct to wood or screened etc but I would not reccomend it for decaled cabinets.
    $750 for the clear addition would be pretty fair if you are using a two or three part clear.Materials like this are very expensive and a cabinet would be the equal of doing roughly 3 playfields.

Christopher Hutchins

#6 11 years ago

yes I was interested in your work....

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from jpop:

yes I was interested in your work....

The majority of cabinets fully cleared here are stenciled ones like the early Ballys,reworked original screen printed ones or ultra rare stuff you can't get anything for.No clear is used on the art portions of decaled cabinets though so I suspect the input will likely be pretty small.
    The cleared cabinets when practical are the best choice overall.

#8 11 years ago

So I shouldn't have sprayed rustoleum over my decals?

Just kidding.

#9 11 years ago

Thanks for the info! So clearing over decals is not wise like a CC? Curious how the the joints wear over time as the wood cabinets expand and contract?

#10 11 years ago

What did JJP do on WOZ? Clear on decals or something else? Shiny Magic Girl sounds good to me.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/share-you-hep-clearcoated-cabinet-stories and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.