(Topic ID: 299807)

Share Tech info please WPC-89 driver board A12697-1

By bepositive

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bepositive.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Greetings recent entry of the new "Genuine William and Bally replacement board" company launch brought up some questions for me . I'd like to start this thread with the topic concerning the single Williams part number A12697-1 utilized for all 3 versions of the WPC-89 driver board per PinWiki .
    Non Fliptronics driver board version likely can be identified observing the built in flipper relay as a visual clue .
    My Creature from the Black Lagoon has the OEM driver board ( I bought out arcade years ago so I know its history ) with a relay on the driver . PinWiki shows games is Fliptronics 2. Interesting . This leads to the two following questions .
    Is there a way to visually inspect A12697 to differentiate between different Fliptronics versions ?
    A12687-1 Driver board . Is there a rule or chart which driver board versions are forward or backward compatibility ? Chapter 7.1 PinWiki none observed .
    Please use this thread for information sharing not teething issues with the startup company . No intent to bash just learn something . I am confused on this issue and have been collecting pins for 28 years . Likely others have good questions , expertise and broader experience . Please add to the knowledge base issues you have observed with the A12697-1 driver and what you had to do to get things fixed . I feel lots of new blood in the hobby now . They might like to know what can go wrong with the driver . Bad header pins / Trifurcon pins needed , bridge rectifiers issues , wrong mounting screws causing resets type of thing .

https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#WPC-89_.26_WPC-S

Thanks in advance for your help Shane

PS copied Forceflows link since I am lazy Thanks

#4 2 years ago

Let me clarify . Thread not about Pinball Basement . My purchase did have me self question the driver board part number . That led to this threads purpose , better understanding the driver board and issues it can present . Let me change with thread topic to what parts you would install if doing a quality rebuilding job on the driver for resetting issue due to 5 V generation . Or maybe coil shorted and blew drive transistor . The type job one would perform or have someone fee paid service in a game you plan to keep for life . List parts you should have on hand before you pull the board
    ( assuming you do your own work ) . Like this paste from PinWiki for the GI connector failure .

WPC-089 Power/Driver Board J120/J121 connector repair parts list...

Qty
    Part Product ID
    11 pin .156 male header (cut to size) 26-48-1245
    Connector, .156 Plug, 11 pin (Molex 41695 series) 09-50-8111
    .156 Trifurcon crimp contacts for the larger gauge wires 08-52-0113
    .156 Trifurcon crimp contacts for the smaller gauge wires 08-52-0125
    "Keying Pins" for Molex 41695 series plugs 15-04-0297
    Crimp tool 1028-CT (or equivalent)

Bonus points suggestions for proven higher quality alternate part choices with order numbers for best results .

Either way thanks for your replies

Shane

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bepositive.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/share-tech-info-please-wpc-89-driver-board-a12697-1-?tu=bepositive and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.