New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 278000)

Share 2020 Halloween decorations, costumes, stories, ideas, and more!

By pacmanretro

70 days ago

Topic Stats

• 78 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 30 days ago by ReadyPO
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 44 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

65099E0A-FFC0-4B61-AA95-C794D7E63A6D (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20201031_171822 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20201031_171832 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    123136213_10222135158901993_6044657892611119364_n (resized).jpg
    20201011_193044 (resized).jpg
    JPS (resized).jpg
    IMG_2151 (resized).JPG
    vampire at halloween (resized).jpg
    30E9A295-D8B1-474A-AAF8-B4CA3350945B (resized).jpeg
    4D0A8DDD-9191-497E-A6F0-172C38107C4F (resized).jpeg
    C41A661A-9672-4A53-AFF9-6BDA8D6C5366 (resized).jpeg
    C9B2A29E-800D-4117-B0F7-190A62585C64 (resized).jpeg
    83C3D0F0-1666-44BF-9B34-67731B366F19 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20201022_130713 (resized).jpg
    E6A26E4A-C9B1-4EA9-9FC9-E6051418EB73 (resized).jpeg

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 70 days ago

Through everything going on this year, many won't be able to enjoy Halloween parties, festivities, trick-or-treating, etc. (At least not in the same sense as usual).

So let's see pics of costumes and decor! As well as pretty much any other Halloween stories or ideas you have going on.

We can certainly all use some sharing of fun!

#2 70 days ago

Just finished making me a new cousin from scratch; to go with my other friends that are safe to party with this year.

KIMG8237 (resized).jpg
    #3 70 days ago

Made this last year for my son

This year hasn’t been decided

Had led remote lights inside that flashed lighted Marquee and real claw / joystick etc

Mounted on a walker real height and stability

Everyone loved it

488ADEAD-CD3C-4761-8606-59AFAABB9DDC (resized).jpeg6C8EA5B7-BC73-40B7-9001-6DA4CEBF9F62 (resized).jpegA75D8332-7308-400F-8208-872BADAE2369 (resized).jpeg
    #4 70 days ago
    Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Made this last year for my son
    This year hasn’t been decided
    Had led remote lights inside that flashed lighted Marquee and real claw / joystick etc
    Mounted on a walker real height and stability
    Everyone loved it
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

At first I thought it was a neat prop for him....mounted on a walker is a neat idea!

You mean this was actually his costume!?

#5 70 days ago

Usually carve one of these each year from a foam pumpkin.
    Here is this year addition, combined two different patterns and came up with this.

s-l1600 (1) (resized).jpg
    #6 70 days ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Usually carve one of these each year from a foam pumpkin.
    Here is this year addition, combined two different patterns and came up with this.[quoted image]

I've never tried doing a foam pumpkin, but always wanted to! Maybe it's a good year to just buy some roasted pumpkin seeds and pick up some foam pumpkins.

Guessing they aren't too good to make pie out of? And tricky to roast the foam seeds??

#7 70 days ago

I will contribute
    Here are a couple shots of our front door and porch.
    My wife's favorite holiday.
    She is going to be very disappointed if trick or treating is not possible this year.

20200923_181430 (resized).jpg20200923_181448 (resized).jpg20200923_181514 (resized).jpg
    #9 70 days ago

Wow. That's crazy stuff. Definitely sad to hear things like that.

I knew a guy whose friend's kid was one of John Wayne Gacy's victims. Rough story.

#10 70 days ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Wow. That's crazy stuff. Definitely sad to hear things like that.
    I knew a guy whose friend's kid was one of John Wayne Gacy's victims. Rough story.

The story was from many years ago...now that I think about it, I can't recall 100% if it was a Gacy or a Dahmer case...I thought Gacy from the details I remembered. Either way, not good.

#11 70 days ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

At first I thought it was a neat prop for him....mounted on a walker is a neat idea!
    You mean this was actually his costume!?

Yep !!

On wheels

#12 70 days ago

Cannot properly enjoy Halloweeen without the big guy

98334F53-CD0D-48D0-91EB-E6FF38E13D2C (resized).jpeg
    #13 70 days ago
    Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Cannot properly enjoy Halloweeen without the big guy
    [quoted image]

MAN. I wanted one of these so bad when they came out!

#14 68 days ago

Had to wait to start doing front yard until I mowed at least once more, but starting to get a few things moved out there

KIMG8296 (resized).jpg
    #15 68 days ago

I have a Halloween story from about 1970.

A friend of mine, I'll refer to as "G". Lived for Halloween. In particular pumpkin smashing. He was out two weeks before and a week after Halloween in search of them. Because of him one area quit putting pumpkins on ground level for some years after.

He'd fill up the back of his truck. Then go up the steepest hill he could find. Stop at the top. Open the tailgate and do a wheelie, to see them rolling down the steep road. Or he'd line up ones that were still lit across a road and drive over them.

One night G is driving his father's truck, a manual transmission, that neither I or a friend I'll refer to as "J", could drive. He spots a pumpkin on a porch. G stops the truck in the middle of the road, engine running and truck in gear. I'm in the middle so I hold my foot on the brake. So G can go grab the pumpkin and hop in and we'd take off.

G goes cat like quietly up to the house. Across the porch. Pumpkin is on a bench in front of a window with the drapes closed. He places his hands on the pumpkin. All of a sudden the drapes open and a man is looking at G. G panics and throws the pumpkin through the window at him and starts running to the truck. Yelling for me to let up on the brake so he can hop in and take off. The man is out the door and running after G.

Now the truck picks up speed and G can't catch up so G yells to get my foot back on the brake and slow down so he can hop in. I do, truck almost stops, G runs up and runs smack dab into the edge of the open truck door frame and goes down out cold.

Now is where it gets good. I lean out and grab G's pant leg with one hand while shoving down the gas pedal with my other hand. J is leaning across me and steering the truck as we made our getaway. Driving full speed up the street driver side door open dragging G on the road.

Once clear of the area and the man quit chasing us. We stopped. Got G up and got him coherent so he could drive. And off we went looking for the next adventure.

LTG : )

#16 68 days ago
    Quoted from LTG:

A friend of mine, I'll refer to as "G". Lived for Halloween. In particular pumpkin smashing. He was out two weeks before and a week after Halloween in search of them. Because of him one area quit putting pumpkins on ground level for some years after.
    He'd fill up the back of his truck. Then go up the steepest hill he could find. Stop at the top. Open the tailgate and do a wheelie, to see them rolling down the steep road. Or he'd line up ones that were still lit across a road and drive over them.
    One night G is driving his father's truck, a manual transmission, that neither I or a friend I'll refer to as "J", could drive. He spots a pumpkin on a porch. G stops the truck in the middle of the road, engine running and truck in gear. I'm in the middle so I hold my foot on the brake. So G can go grab the pumpkin and hop in and we'd take off.
    G goes cat like quietly up to the house. Across the porch. Pumpkin is on a bench in front of a window with the drapes closed. He places his hands on the pumpkin. All of a sudden the drapes open and a man is looking at G. G panics and throws the pumpkin through the window at him and starts running to the truck. Yelling for me to let up on the brake so he can hop in and take off. The man is out the door and running after G.
    Now the truck picks up speed and G can't catch up so G yells to get my foot back on the brake and slow down so he can hop in. I do, truck almost stops, G runs up and runs smack dab into the edge of the open truck door frame and goes down out cold.
    Now is where it gets good. I lean out and grab G's pant leg with one hand while shoving down the gas pedal with my other hand. J is leaning across me and steering the truck as we made our getaway. Driving full speed up the street driver side door open dragging G on the road.
    Once clear of the area and the man quit chasing us. We stopped. Got G up and got him coherent so he could drive. And off we went looking for the next adventure.

GREAT....Now I have to figure out how to chain my pumpkins down before Lloyd can get em!

#17 67 days ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

GREAT....Now I have to figure out how to chain my pumpkins down before Lloyd can get em!

Game on !

boltcutter (resized).jpg
    #18 67 days ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Game on !
    [quoted image]

Saw this pic online....I was immediately told I'm not doing that. Lol.

Would it count as a chained up pumpkin though

hobased_2249_70816963 (resized).jpeg

#19 67 days ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Would it count as a chained up pumpkin though

Well. There is always the Sledge-O-Matic.

omatic (resized).jpg
    #20 67 days ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Ooohhh see? This is back when Halloween was known as something called "fun"

The kids today should try this sort of stuff if their moms will let them out of their sight for 20 minutes.

We were the charming kids that would roam the area merrily egging houses and people and smashing pumpkins along the way.

#21 67 days ago
    Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Ooohhh see? This is back when Halloween was known as something called "fun"

The good old days.

My friend G spotted a pumpkin on the stoop of a huge house in a rich neighborhood. About an acre of grass for the front yard. Late Halloween night G sneaks across the lawn towards the house. A few floors up in a picture window. A man spots G. This man had a pipe and fancy robe on. Starts laughing. I would imagine he's thinking he won't have to deal with the pumpkin after G takes it.

G gets smack dab in the middle of that front lawn, lifts the pumpkin high into the air and smashes it in the middle of that huge lawn.

The man dropped his pipe, and quit laughing.

We were gone before he made it downstairs.

Disclaimer : If they left their patio furniture out. I used to like grabbing all of it. And set it up in the exact same setting. Only in the front of the house rather than the rear.

#22 67 days ago
    Quoted from Elvishasleft:

We were the charming kids that would roam the area merrily egging houses and people and smashing pumpkins along the way.

An older man that worked for my Father was into tipping out houses over. One Halloween night, "R" went running up to tip an out house over. The owner was tired of this trick so he moved the outhouse over a few feet.

"R" ran right into the pit that would have been under the outhouse.

Some home owners fight back.

#23 64 days ago

thanks arcademojo had this one elsewhere

a7d3179cd416325f1554bfad37820bfafa6176f6.png (resized).png
    #24 64 days ago

A few years ago my son was really into polyhedrons (Archimedean solids in particular), and for some reason the rhombicuboctahedron was his favorite shape. We asked him what he wanted to be for Halloween that year, and of course he said a rhombicuboctahedron. After being unable to talk him out of it, I got to designing it. We used wood square dowels to build the skeleton and cardboard cutouts for the faces to create the costume. It was my idea last minute to put the name of the shape on the outside as I figured everyone would be asking what he was. He was literally the hit of the entire neighborhood that year with just about everyone wanting to take a picture with him.

IMG_0996.JPG

#25 64 days ago

happyhalloween (resized).jpg
    #26 64 days ago

We bought this inflatable demon pumpkin coach several years ago at a Salvation Army for $50,
    but last year it was the first time it got used to its fullest extent and public exposure.
    It was a big hit with the Trick or Treat crowd last year.

#27 64 days ago

We recently (last year) bought a new (downsize) house in a nicer neighborhood.
    One of the bonuses of the new neighborhood is that it actually has trick or treaters roaming the streets;
    unlike our old neighborhood that had few if any treaters, (we lived on a busy traffic street).
    It also has a years old traditional of having a kids Halloween parade thru the neighborhood each year.
    Its about an 8-10 block loop that strolls down our new street, and roves past the Oregon state Governor's mansion,
    with several hundred kids and adults all dressed up in costume.
    It is uncertain what with Covid if there will be any parade or trick or treaters this year.
    See a couple videos from last year attached.

our inflatable demon coach, got lots of reactions and kudos

#28 62 days ago

I thought of another haunted house excursion about 40 years ago.

One evening our group toured many haunted houses around the city. Back then radio stations sponsored them for charity. Usually in condemned houses that would be torn down. Not always in good neighborhoods.

One haunted house in particular stood out that evening as being the groups favorite. So we decided to visit it again.

This time something was off. All the characters and monsters seemed frozen. Not really moving or trying to scare anyone. We were wondering what the heck ?

All of a sudden a bunch of cops came running past us, guns drawn. It seems that people farther through the haunted house than our group, had been shooting at the monsters.

That kind of explained why the characters and monsters weren't doing much.

#29 62 days ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I thought of another haunted house excursion about 40 years ago.
    One evening our group toured many haunted houses around the city. Back then radio stations sponsored them for charity. Usually in condemned houses that would be torn down. Not always in good neighborhoods.
    One haunted house in particular stood out that evening as being the groups favorite. So we decided to visit it again.
    This time something was off. All the characters and monsters seemed frozen. Not really moving or trying to scare anyone. We were wondering what the heck ?
    All of a sudden a bunch of cops came running past us, guns drawn. It seems that people farther through the haunted house than our group, had been shooting at the monsters.
    That kind of explained why the characters and monsters weren't doing much.

CRAZY!

#30 61 days ago

Right after my Mother died. I started remodeling at my house. Now I never believed in ghosts or anything. Until now.

There'd be screams in the middle of the night. Wake me up. Terrified the two dogs.

One morning I was taking a shower and a voice kept calling my name. Put a robe on and checked the front door, everything. Nobody. and Lloyd doesn't sound like branches scraping on a roof or anything. No TV or radios were turned on.

The best was my friend was there helping. His wife and daughter were in the basement doing laundry. They saw my Mother there in the basement. They about killed themselves running up the stairs to get out of there.

My friend called me. He was worried. he knew my Mother. His wife and daughter had never met her. And no recent pictures were in the house. He told me they described her pretty accurately.

Now my sister had something going on at her house that was similar. So I started walking around my house reciting my sister's address and buses to take there. After a few months my what ever it was stopped. Don't know if it found it's way to my sister's house.

#31 61 days ago

One Halloween when I was about 10 years old. My older sister had to take me trick or treating.

We went up Washington St. near my grade school. And this one house had two huge white flower pots sitting on a short pedestal, one on each side of their stairs leading into their house.

I told my sister, "wouldn't be great to pick one up and place it on the ground ? They'd hurt themselves getting that huge, heavy flower pot back up". I figured down was easier.

So my sister wraps her arms around it. And couldn't budge it. She stepped back. And now realized she was covered in white paint. I guess I forgot to tell her I saw them painting it on the way home from school. You don't go home to my house without a parent asking how the white paint got on her clothes.

Bonus Halloween for pacmanretro

I remember the first pumpkin I ever smashed. I was about 10 years old. A big, older house with a 3 season porch. French glass doors entered into the house. They had a beautiful display of a shock of wheat, Indian corn, lit pumpkin, etc.

So I go in there. But no one was around. I was a little scarred or nervous. All of a sudden out of the back I heard a lady yell, "I'll be right there". For the love of everything holy I don't know what possessed me. I yelled back, "You're too late !". I picked the lit pumpkin up and smashed it on their rug in the middle of their living room. And split.

#32 61 days ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I remember the first pumpkin I ever smashed. I was about 10 years old. A big, older house with a 3 season porch. French glass doors entered into the house. They had a beautiful display of a shock of wheat, Indian corn, lit pumpkin, etc.

So I go in there. But no one was around. I was a little scarred or nervous. All of a sudden out of the back I heard a lady yell, "I'll be right there". For the love of everything holy I don't know what possessed me. I yelled back, "You're too late !". I picked the lit pumpkin up and smashed it on their rug in the middle of their living room. And split.

WHAT a little hood!!

#33 61 days ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Right after my Mother died. I started remodeling at my house. Now I never believed in ghosts or anything. Until now.
    There'd be screams in the middle of the night. Wake me up. Terrified the two dogs.
    One morning I was taking a shower and a voice kept calling my name. Put a robe on and checked the front door, everything. Nobody. and Lloyd doesn't sound like branches scraping on a roof or anything. No TV or radios were turned on.
    The best was my friend was there helping. His wife and daughter were in the basement doing laundry. They saw my Mother there in the basement. They about killed themselves running up the stairs to get out of there.
    My friend called me. He was worried. he knew my Mother. His wife and daughter had never met her. And no recent pictures were in the house. He told me they described her pretty accurately.
    Now my sister had something going on at her house that was similar. So I started walking around my house reciting my sister's address and buses to take there. After a few months my what ever it was stopped. Don't know if it found it's way to my sister's house.

So...was giving out the sisters address to be kind and share with her....or to give her some trouble too?

#34 61 days ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

So...was giving out the sisters address to be kind and share with her....or to give her some trouble too?

She had one of her own going on. I had $200 a month house payments at that time. And didn't want to move and lose that.

So I thought she could use another one. She wasn't happy about my efforts at all. I never found out if it found it's way to her house.

Hers was into doing stuff when you were asleep. Open a window. Open a locked door ( dead bolt ). Move furniture around. All kinds of neat stuff.

#35 61 days ago
    Quoted from LTG:

She had one of her own going on. I had $200 a month house payments at that time. And didn't want to move and lose that.
    So I thought she could use another one. She wasn't happy about my efforts at all. I never found out if it found it's way to her house.
    Hers was into doing stuff when you were asleep. Open a window. Open a locked door ( dead bolt ). Move furniture around. All kinds of neat stuff.

I think that kind of physical stuff would put me over the edge if I actually witnessed it!

#36 61 days ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I remember the first pumpkin I ever smashed. I was about 10 years old.

I never even thought about smashing a pumpkin, but we were not angels either.

From 8 to 12 or 13, (however old we were when we stopped going), we rode skateboards or bikes to cover more area.

Sometimes there would be a whole lot of candy, with a note that said we are not home, take 3 pieces so everyone else has plenty. Yeah Right, We Took It All Every Time! We were greedy a$$hole$!

And I confess I actually hated Halloween, because I made a killing selling candy in school, and sales were dead for 2 months after Halloween.

#37 61 days ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Sometimes there would be a whole lot of candy, with a note that said we are not home, take 3 pieces so everyone else has plenty. Yeah Right, We Took It All Every Time! We were greedy a$$hole$!

I often ran into this. Happy Halloween sign. Please take one. Leave the rest for others.

I don't know how many times there would be an empty bowl sitting there when I came by.

So I'd take the bowl.

#38 61 days ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I often ran into this. Happy Halloween sign. Please take one. Leave the rest for others.
    I don't know how many times there would be an empty bowl sitting there when I came by.
    So I'd take the bowl.

Well...I guess as long as you only took ONE bowl.

#39 61 days ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Well...I guess as long as you only took ONE bowl.

Well each house only put out one bowl. No candy, I grabbed the bowl.

Some years I got lots of them. But only ONE each.

Every once in great while I'd see someone grab the chair or table the free sign was on and run up the street. I never did that.

#40 61 days ago

This 12 ft Skeleton keeps selling out!

Where the hell do you store this!?!

Check this out!

https://www.tiktok.com/@loud.emma/video/6873955621893459205

#41 60 days ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

This 12 ft Skeleton keeps selling out!
    Where the hell do you store this!?!
    Check this out!
    https://www.tiktok.com/@loud.emma/video/6873955621893459205

Saw home depot was sold out (not that it's in the budget).

What do you mean store it? You simply leave it out year round! Hide eggs under it, santa hat, make it a Cupid, give it a green hat and big beer Stein, etc....problem solved

Someone elses posted pic (for those of us not using tiktok)...

120193913_10157312243636856_7996888507371351405_o (resized).jpg

#42 60 days ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Saw home depot was sold out (not that it's in the budget).
    What do you mean store it? You simply leave it out year round! Hide eggs under it, santa hat, make it a Cupid, give it a green hat and big beer Stein, etc....problem solved
    Someone elses posted pic (for those of us not using tiktok)...
    [quoted image]

Seems like a hazard because of its huge size. Especially in windy areas. It really doesn't look stable. Then it would be really scary I mean, what happens when you have a huge plastic skeleton fall on you? I'd rather not find out.

#43 60 days ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

Seems like a hazard because of its huge size. Especially in windy areas. It really doesn't look stable. Then it would be really scary I mean, what happens when you have a huge plastic skeleton fall on you? I'd rather not find out.

Yeah, I wondered that too. Looks like it has a big wire base or something, so I'd imagine you have to sandbag it or something. Still, if wind got ahold of it, I doubt it would stand up to the beating very well, unfortunately.

Screenshot_2020-10-03-19-26-42 (resized).png
    1 week later
    #44 53 days ago

Different candy preferences.

b075ca4a137caa89319e0ad0487ade4b (resized).png
    #46 50 days ago
    Quoted from LTG:

[quoted image]

Reminds me of Calvin and Hobbes, somehow...

#47 50 days ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

Reminds me of Calvin and Hobbes, somehow...

Maybe the GROSS club

10-startthemeetings (resized).png
    #48 50 days ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

Maybe the GROSS club
    [quoted image]

I was thinking more like one of his snowman displays...

pasted_image (resized).png
    #49 50 days ago

I really like this time of year.

The air is getting cooler.

It gets dark earlier.

AND plenty of horror movies on!

I just watched Jigsaw on Sci Fi channel, it was pretty good.

Now watching You Might Be The Killer, way out there, but different enough to be entertaining. (still on)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 37.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 63.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos LLC
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    € 40.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Creo Pinball
    $ 109.99
    $ 10.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 5.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Other
    YouBentMyWookie
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 89.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos LLC
    $ 119.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 15.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 19.95
    Electronics
    Lermods
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside