(Topic ID: 217106)

Shaq Attaq vs Medieval Madness (original)?

By JediPimp

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which is better (money no object!)”

• Shaq Attaq (1995) 145 votes
    68%
  • Medieval Maddness (original) (1997) 68 votes
    32%

(213 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dave thomas (resized).png
shaq.gif
F500F2F8-6D94-46B0-A9F0-AC5A2CF1C23E (resized).JPG
Screen Shot 2018-05-17 at 8.46.18 PM (resized).png
Shaq Attaq Translite (resized).png
it begins (resized).png
B6366B83-1738-4D60-B19D-3C6272DA390E (resized).jpeg
b44eebdb5f608c8693aff96167261d280050dcf5 (resized).jpg

There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

if you had to pick up one, which one?

ps am not a basketball fan (or a shaq fan), am a big fan of medieval history, and like the year 1997 a lot but am still not sure...

#2 5 years ago

You should put up a poll for sure cause this will probably be close.

Shaq Attaq by a mile though

#3 5 years ago

shaq attack

#4 5 years ago

whoa shaq attack or shaq attaq? I want to make sure I pick a winner here

#5 5 years ago

Go with Shaq Attack for sure but you might want to hold off for the remake. It's being revealed soon and most are guessing it's SAr.

#7 5 years ago

Shaq, along with the pin, his insights as a commentator on professional basketball are really second to none.

#8 5 years ago

That's like Ferrari or Yugo. (of course in this example, the Shaq is the Ferrari and a pristine LaFerrari at that!)

#9 5 years ago

SHOOT THE BASKET!!!!

#10 5 years ago

Shaq all the way .

#11 5 years ago

Both. . . Do a homebrew, combine them, and call it "Medieval Shaqness"

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Go with Shaq Attack for sure but you might want to hold off for the remake. It's being revealed soon and most are guessing it's SAr.

I've heard SAr will have a real mirrored back glass, a shaker motor, an LCD screen, powder coated legs and armour with illuminated laser etching art, JBL speakers + subwoofer, custom pinblade art, an interactive topper, all GI and inserts to be RGB LED, an autographed Topps Shaq rookie card, chrome coin door,, gold-plated ramps, premium invisiglass, Pinstadium lighting included, butter cabinet with brushed foil artwork by Zombie Yeti and Dirty Donney and a custom molded Shaq head plunger! All with the rock-solid, time-tested Gottlieb System 3 CPU and boards. Limited to 20,000 units.

#13 5 years ago

Gottlieb definitely was in their prime when they released SA! Bally or Williams couldn't hold a candle to Gottlieb in the mid 90's!!!

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

Both. . . Do a homebrew, combine them, and call it "Medieval Shaqness"

This guy!

#15 5 years ago

For my money it doesn't get much better then the artwork and it is unparalleled to anything past , future and present. It belongs in a museum!

b44eebdb5f608c8693aff96167261d280050dcf5 (resized).jpgb44eebdb5f608c8693aff96167261d280050dcf5 (resized).jpg

#16 5 years ago

B6366B83-1738-4D60-B19D-3C6272DA390E (resized).jpegB6366B83-1738-4D60-B19D-3C6272DA390E (resized).jpeg

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

For my money it doesn't get much better then the artwork and it is unparalleled to anything past , future and present. It belongs in a museum!

Micro just announced making Gottlieb playfields so we’ll see some games restored to their former glory soon

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Micro just announced making Gottlieb playfields so we’ll see some games restored to thier former glory soon

https://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.OYEKv5m4hEuiYFoczDko2QHaFk&pid=Api

it begins (resized).pngit begins (resized).png

#20 5 years ago

Fantasy vs REALITY...? Shaq all the way... Easy..

#21 5 years ago

Tough call, but I'll say that these two pins are great compliments to each other in a two pin collection (I believe that Tina Fey does some voice work in both of them). As always, get both!

#22 5 years ago

shaq, that way you have money left for another pin like space jam, and a few cases of beer

#23 5 years ago

Obviously it's the great Shaq attack.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from PinsideTroll:

shaq, that way you have money left for another pin like space jam, and a few cases of beer

I had an opportunity a while back to get either an Attack from Mars or a Space Jam, I missed out on it as I wasn't quick enough but I would have brought home that Space Jam in a heartbeat! Shaq Attaq and Space Jam in the same place, be still my beating heart!

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

I had an opportunity a while back to get either an Attack from Mars or a Space Jam, I missed out on it as I wasn't quick enough but I would have brought home that Space Jam in a heartbeat! Shaq Attaq and Space Jam in the same place, be still my beating heart!

Talk about a potential Mount Rushmore-esque lineup there.. You wouldn't even need another 2 to finish it either they wouldn't matter

#26 5 years ago

Medieval Madness is a typical stripped down Williams pro. 2 flippers, no drop targets, no spinners, fan layout, bash toy, zzzz.

Shaq's got 4 flippers, a spinner, a net, drop targets, vari target. I'm not saying the packed game is always better, but it's like comparing WOZ to Buck Rogers.

#27 5 years ago

Get the Shaq Attaq . Make sure you insure it with the General and if you get too sore from playing it all the time pick up some Icy Hot .

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

Medieval Madness is a typical stripped down Williams pro. 2 flippers, no drop targets, no spinners, fan layout, bash toy, zzzz.
Shaq's got 4 flippers, a spinner, a net, drop targets, vari target. I'm not saying the packed game is always better, but it's like comparing WOZ to Buck Rogers.

I really don't know how Williams stayed in business all those years with their lack of licenced titles and stripped down playfields.

#29 5 years ago

I don't know what's been going on lately with all this Stern hoopla about an ancient 70's rock band from the UK. When I want entertainment I pick the best, I pick... the dream team of Shaquille O'Neil and Premier!

#30 5 years ago

Voted shaq attack. Unfortunately this is really going to fuck with the newbies brains

#31 5 years ago

Just wait, in 24 hours we’re gonna see the price on SA’ skyrocket because of this thred lol

#32 5 years ago

Shaq is now an A list game get it while its hot

#33 5 years ago

This is a joke, right? MM by a mile.

Shaq Attacks deep rule set and stackable wizard modes makes the game unplayable for all but the top players in the world. Add in the fact player condition SA's go for 10k and MM is a no brainer. Now if this was Shaq Attack vs. X-Files, then we'd have a tough decision.

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from PDX_Pinball:

Shaq Attacks deep rule set and stackable wizard modes makes the game unplayable for all but the top players in the world. Add in the fact player condition SA's go for 10k and MM is a no brainer. Now if this was Shaq Attack vs. X-Files, then we'd have a tough decision.

The best pinball players in the world are kept up at night wondering how the stackable wizard modes on Shaq Attaq work, the coding is so deep on that table.

Shaq Attaq is a $12k game easily!

#35 5 years ago

Shaq is a pretty fun game, it has separate scoring points for baskets made, and the jackpot on the roaming backboard is a sweet shot. Underrated pin, if you could pinsound it, it could be great.

#36 5 years ago

I find medieval madness a bit dry, like really shoot the castle a few times and that's it. It doesn't really add anything that EM's and early SS's offered.

When I step up to Shaq Attaq on the other hand, I have to come up with a game plan as there are literally thousands of ways to score, and the multipliers are multi-layered to. I also have to decide which of the Wizard modes do I reach for first, or do I try to stack them all! Its a new game every time. The pumping soundtrack and world-class sound effects also keeps me on edge.

Plus, its got a basketball net, do I play pinball or play basketball??? It boggles the mind.

#37 5 years ago

Easily John Norris' best game. In fact, true pinheads collect all the grail Norris games.

#38 5 years ago

Has anyone ever completed free throw wizard mode? I heard Bowen Kerins got close a few times.

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Has anyone ever completed free throw wizard mode? I heard Bowen Kerins got close a few times.

no I think Elwin choked on that one as well. I don't think anyone has gotten to Shoe Size 23 Wizard Mode on record. I usually go for Hall of Fame Wizard Mode or Hack-a-Shaq Wizard Mode.

#40 5 years ago

I love the Shaq Fu Easter Egg where if you get Grand Champion score it gives you a password to reach the final boss stage of Shaq Fu on SNES/Genesis. You don't get theme integration like that anymore.

#42 5 years ago

Bizarro world thread?

#43 5 years ago

Shaq is my desert island pin. I once drove over 9788 miles to get one in a single day. It was a lot of effort, but it was worth it. The game was Imamaculate.

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

Shaq is my desert island pin. I once drove over 9788 miles to get one in a single day. It was a lot of effort, but it was worth it. The game was Imamaculate.

it's everyone's grail pin, 9788 miles is perfectly reasonable for a player condition Shaq Attaq!

#45 5 years ago

This might be the greatest question ever asked on Pinside!

#46 5 years ago

I don't like admitting to this, but once contacted the make a wish foundation to acquire this unobtainable pin. The things we do for pinball.

#47 5 years ago

i have never owned one , but i can still dream.

#48 5 years ago

This is great, I just so happened to play SA for the first time ever today. Only because it was .50, and I only had .50 left, because most of the other pins were $1.00 a play. Not the worst pin I ever played, but the announcer is god awful. Maybe I’m still pissed a little because I couldn’t make the damn basket!

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from Brett-L:

...but the announcer is god awful. Maybe I’m still pissed a little because I couldn’t make the damn basket!

If only that announcer would remind the player what to do!

#50 5 years ago

Shoot the spinner! Break the backglass!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 85.00
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods
Decals
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wolcott, CT
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shaq-attaq-vs-medieval-madness-original and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.