• Latest reply 3 years ago by Bigguy66
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

52ADAFB1-704F-4380-A80C-2F26CE89BE5A (resized).jpeg
#1 4 years ago

When the 3 pinballs are released in Shaq Attaq's multi-ball they roll out all at once instead of in a staggered interval. Why is this and what can be done to correct it?

Thank you for any assistance.

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from Bigguy66:

When the 3 pinballs are released in Shaq Attaq's multi-ball they roll out all at once instead of in a staggered interval. Why is this and what can be done to correct it?
Thank you for any assistance.

Sorry im not to familiar with this game.Are you saying that it puts 3 balls in the ball through all at once during multi ball?Or the locked balls are just rolling out during gameplay?

#3 4 years ago

Thank you for your post. Yes, all 3 balls come out at one time.

#4 4 years ago

I had a problem with my Shaq releasing 2 balls at a time. I disassembled and cleaned the ball release plunger. It was dirty and returning to the closed position too slowly.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from Bigguy66:

Thank you for your post. Yes, all 3 balls come out at one time.

Ok then you need to test that switch in the ball through...Could be a bad switch/faulty.You can test this switch in the switch menus settings place a ball over that switch and see if it registers properly if not then there’s a problem with switch or a diode has shorted if there is one on that switch

#6 4 years ago

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions as hopefully one of them will be the answer in my situation.

#7 4 years ago

i believe he is speaking when you plunge all 3 balls one at a time they get locked on the right ramp, then the post drops on the ramp and releases them one at a time. Clean the post assembly on that ramp, install new coil sleeve and make sure the balls are not magnetized.

#8 4 years ago

Edit: the plunger is up by default.

Properly tuned, this game is quite fun.

Here’s a pic. More on my Instagram. @pinball.by.xtn
52ADAFB1-704F-4380-A80C-2F26CE89BE5A (resized).jpeg52ADAFB1-704F-4380-A80C-2F26CE89BE5A (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#9 3 years ago

The issue has now been resolved. I initially cleaned the plunger shaft which resulted in the first pinball releasing by itself but the remaining two balls would come out simultaneously. Once in a great while all three balls would come out in the desired staggered order. I ended up replacing the coil, the coil sleeve, the coil diode, the plunger shaft and its compression spring. Now all 3 pinballs are released in the desired staggered order. It works great. Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Rhinelander, WI
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shaq-attaq-multi-ball-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.