(Topic ID: 154643)

Shaq Attaq moving basket issue

By C65Mustang

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

My Shaq Attaq pinball moving basket is making a horrible noise and I want to check and see what to do to fix this or if this is normal. I just want to fix it so it will not break or understand that it is just noisy and that is just that.

Please see youtube video
for how it sounds

#2 8 years ago

anyone have any thoughts on this?

#3 8 years ago

LOL I know that the Shaq attaq doesn't get a lot of love here but no advice at all?

#4 8 years ago

Do you have a manual? if so have you looked at it?

I just pulled up the manual of it... will report back shortly

K, im back..

Looking at the manual together with your video it would seem that your gearbox is making noise.

I'd take the basket/arm off and remove the motor via the brackets going in to the playfield and put the motor in to test with nothing attached to it.

If it makes noise still, you have a couple of choices...

A) Send to PBR for rebuilding

B) Buy new motor http://www.pbresource.com/motor.html#gtb , I dont show that Motor 31102 is available... although it may be mechanically similar to one of the other available motors.

C) Try to rebuild or lube it yourself...

3 years later
#5 4 years ago

Any update on what you did to fix this issue? Thank you!

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from Simplywebster:

It’s the motor going out, remove the motor and send it into Steve at pinball resource. He will rebuild it for 100$. Motor is no longer available

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from Simplywebster:

I took the motor out and cleaned and added a little grease to the post and it cleaned up the sound almost completly. The motor is a little weak but it saves me from having to get it rebuilt for the time being until it finally goes out completly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
Machine - For Sale
Rhinelander, WI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shaq-attaq-moving-basket-issue?hl=gumby510 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.