20210912_105335.jpg
20210909_160242.jpg
20210909_160258.jpg
86BD6A3B-1131-4F94-B0D1-0A13BDA73A82 (resized).jpeg
4EBB7B67-A4B4-4D3A-8DBD-93DD209D93B3 (resized).jpeg
4F877018-2F70-4AB9-81C9-F39047D101B2 (resized).jpeg
87F04001-8383-40E2-B15D-A6BFB6B88C70 (resized).jpeg
FE88A9F4-FB71-433F-B6D5-E0CB0A90C017 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Electronmagic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Just picked one of these up a month ago. One question if someone can look at there’s for me. Where the ball drains is one of those red posts. Is it supposed to have a 5/16 rubber ring on it? It was not included in the rubber kit I have and the Manuel doesn’t say.

Mine has a rubber on that post.

2 months later
#67 5 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Hey I just noticed that this game has a knocker with a bell in the manual. Mine is missing but the bracket is there as well as the plug coming from harness. Anyone have a bell and knocker assembly in their game? Got any photos of how the bell is installed so I can source the parts. I found the knocker assembly without a bell on PB resource's website. Also if you do have it when does the game trigger it? Says the bell is 5 inches but don't really see any clearance if mounted straight up. thanks

Mine doesn't have a bell.

1 month later
#70 4 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

So many things I like about this game. I know why people hate it (theme) but the reasons people hate it never bothered me. I have mine set up hard and anything over 200 mil on mine is a crazy good game.
I don’t think people realize how many different wizard modes there are and how they are all fairly difficult to achieve. I guess that has really surprised me because Shaq Attack, Slamim Jammin, Finals, and Supermode are all very fun to play. That’s right, four wizard modes.
It is a bit of a one shot wonder with the basket for Jackpot and I’m not super fond of the game awarding MB to players at the start of ball 3 but hey, BSD does that too (with mist MB) and no one thinks that fact ruins that game. I like the randomness of the basket because it adds some tension and drama to a barely missed shot for a potential competitive win vs other players. It’s end of game bonus is very heavy and I kind of like that because the lower playfield punishes missed shots severely. It’s really beneficial to keep you ball in play for a long time, adding basket points, game balls, and hidden features.

It is a great game, and all these years later the theme / Shaq is still relevant.

3 months later
#81 4 years ago

Marco has some of their super bands in various colors that are tapered.

4 months later
#85 4 years ago
Quoted from cshelden:

Few Shaq questions:
1. On the board inside the door I have "test" and volume, the tournament portion has no switch nor does it look like one was ever there. Is this common? How do I get it into free play sans switch?
2. The upper flipper (left) sticks in the up position pretty regularly. It doesn't seem to be energized as I can manually extend the flipper and it sticks. I've changed the coil and sleeve (just because) but that wasn't it. Possible bad plunger (mushroom)? The bushing looks good the entire machine seems to have low play on it.
3. Spinner doesn't spin, it will on occasion slowly turn a few times then stop. Is there a common do this or do that on the spinner or am I looking at replacing the motor?
Thanks all.

When I open my coin door, I have a tournament slide switch on the little circuit board. It's turned on.

The flipper plunger is probably mushroomed. Can be cleaned and re-chamfered with a file.

There's no motor for the spinner. It's just kinetic energy from the ball that spins it. Fiddle with it while you spin it with your finger. May need to be cleaned if someone tried to oil it in the past.

2 months later
#98 4 years ago

What am I missing?

3 months later
#109 3 years ago
Quoted from B_Chainsaw:

I bought a Shaq Attaq and I’m redoing all the rubber. Does anyone know if there is supposed to be a rubber in this spot between the two red posts? My diagram says no but I have seen some pictures of play fields that have it. Thanks!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes, definitely a rubber there.

#110 3 years ago

Oh, and also... Welcome to Pinside!

2 months later
#115 3 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

I have been in the club for 4 or 5 years. Finally decided to show some love for the Shaq. I was replacing all the rubber in all my other machines and my wife said "what about Shaq?" It is actually her favorite game. I put in the orange silicone bands and posts and I am really happy with the way it looks. I am waiting on my sling plastic from Ministry of Pinball (finally pulled the trigger) and some LEDs from Comet for my inserts.
Not a fan of Gottliebs since I really don't know how to work on them (all my other machines are older Williams or Ballys) The only real issue I had was having to rebuild the score clock and replace a MOSFET or two for flashers.
[quoted image]

Shaq actually has some decent rules compared to some of the other Gottliebs. It's a hidden gem.

2 months later
#121 3 years ago
Quoted from Troostr:

New to the club! Under rated game for sure! My court spinner doesn't move with game play, everything looks right, and I probably need to have the motor done, but how can I check?

Is the motor getting power?

1 month later
#125 3 years ago
Quoted from desiArnez:

I thought I’d leave this gem here. It matches up with Designer Jon Norris’ technical drawing (posted years ago).
Yes, I tried to buy it. If you have it, I am interested.
This party is dead, which is a shame because Shaq is a hellava game.
It also weighs 700 pounds, is 7’ 1” and I live in a pre-war walk-up on the third floor.
Therefore it’s not going anywhere soon.
If anyone has any surplus Shaq plastics, oddities or PLAYFIELDS. Call me. [quoted image]

Is this a prototype?

7 months later
#162 2 years ago
Quoted from Mervyn:

I’m just servicing my second only shaq which was neglected for years, fun machine and looking good now a few issues I’m hoping someone can help. I’m much more familiar with Bally Williams.
1 is free play only possible when switched to tournament mode.
2 in play mode, is the centre yellow switch supposed to activate-drop the back drop targets?? This is what this one does ,seems odd but is that a feature?
3 I’m sure this one is a fault. In multi-ball, if a ball goes into either up kicker, it just sits there until multiballs drain then pops it out of either up kicker after the period of doing a ball search. Problem is a second ball could sit beside a ball already in the up kicker so that’s just not right.
In normal game the upkickers work perfectly. I tested them in switch test cleaned spade connectors, the micro switches themselves seem fine out of circuit, This definitely only happens in multiball but I haven’t played it too much yet, just testing all features with the glass off.
Hoping someone here has an idea on this strange one.

On # 1 - yes, has to be in tournament mode for free play.

1 month later
#165 2 years ago

Pinball Resource may be able to re-build your motor.

1 month later
5 months later
#177 1 year ago

Did you call pbresource?

1 month later
#181 1 year ago

First you remove the two locknuts that hold on the backboard and remove that. then you can remove the two small nuts for the hoop.

7 months later
#186 1 year ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Wow, I’ve had this game for a few months now and I’m *finally* getting it.
The rules are insane. There is so much depth to this goofy System 3 and the 5th to last game made by Gottlieb before they closed their doors. Considering Gottlieb was beleaguered by financial disarray, I’m amazed at what they’ve put into it. A lot of game beyond just a cool moving hoop! Jon Norris is incredibly talented.
Having an issue with the ball getting stuck in the hoop increasing often. We play this in league often. Any suggestions? I’ve loosened the nuts quite a bit. It seems like any looser and the backboard won’t register a “reject”. They have no guidance on how tight it should be.

This is a good game indeed. Got a bad rap early on and then nobody would ever give it a try.

I've owned mine for years and have never gotten a ball stuck in the basket. I would suspect something is misassembled.

4 months later
#189 9 months ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Turned out great! what was your printing process?

Got a picture?

8 months later
#194 21 days ago
Quoted from Santis:

I have a shaq attaq player’s condition. Fully working. Will need restoration. Firnm $2100 cash. Thank you.

I'm assuming it needs a new playfield and new plastics?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Rhinelander, WI
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Electronmagic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shaq-attaq-membersfans-only?tu=Electronmagic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.