20210912_105335.jpg
20210909_160242.jpg
20210909_160258.jpg
86BD6A3B-1131-4F94-B0D1-0A13BDA73A82 (resized).jpeg
4EBB7B67-A4B4-4D3A-8DBD-93DD209D93B3 (resized).jpeg
4F877018-2F70-4AB9-81C9-F39047D101B2 (resized).jpeg
87F04001-8383-40E2-B15D-A6BFB6B88C70 (resized).jpeg
FE88A9F4-FB71-433F-B6D5-E0CB0A90C017 (resized).jpeg
There are 195 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 4 years ago
Quoted from MarAlb:

Curious….please explain….

he probably thinks it looks like a dick

#102 4 years ago
Quoted from petaquin66:

Hello and sorry for disturbing you,
I have purchased a GOTTLIEB SHAQ ATTACK for repair. I have some problems but 2 of them are complicated for me and I would like to obtain your help ( if posible...).
1. - I have a problem with the "top upkicker coil". It does not work. I chack the wires and they are ok, tested the resistance of the coil and it is ok, test the Volts from the legs to ground and it is ok and finally test putting 1 wire from ground to the coil leg with not banded diode end and it the coil fires… I think that the problem it is in the mosfet transistor Q4 . What is your opinion?
2.- I have a problem with the flashlamp "l ramp dome". it is a big lamp type 67 that the machine presents like a coil. At the begining it does not ligth. I test the wires and finally change the lamp support for other new and now it is lighting continously and very strong. The rest of the flashlamps works correctly (with intermitence…). I checked the R2 (330 Oohms 5w) and it is ok. Do you think that the problem could be in the transistor Q14 too?
I checked the 2 MOSFET transistors in the driver board (putting 1 leg of the multimeter in the transistor hole and the other in the right and left leg of it..) and reads are similar to the other transistors tested…
I Will be very grateful if you can give me your opinion...

1. Go through the switch test. The switch matrix/light matrix is a head scratcher until you realize they’re all daisy-chained. A manual (get a printed one for looking at schematics) Will trace it out. Since one relies on the other, a funky one can ruin the next. Are you having any issues with switches with a one (1) as a first number (SW 10, 11, 12) or a two as the last number? ALSO, there is a second playfield fuse at F24 just for that solenoid. If Q4 is janked...

2. Q14 is definitely on. What’s telling it to Stay on? But it tests ok. Does it test in the 400s or the 600s? Continuity with the machine on? Is that wise? Off? Different reading?

I just went through all my flashers. My issue was the R2 resistor. I troubleshooted with a surrogate Rotrendog driver board.

AFA6718D-A196-4F3B-917F-46BEF0812852 (resized).jpegAFA6718D-A196-4F3B-917F-46BEF0812852 (resized).jpeg
#103 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

he probably thinks it looks like a dick

And it‘’s a horse. Horse Cock is slang for horse cock. There it is. Deliberately put. There.

#104 4 years ago

Hey guys my basketball goal isn't working. I don't have a manual and can't find a clear copy. Can someone point me in the direction of a clear manual or give me some things to check. Hard to know what goes where without the manual.

Thanks.

#105 4 years ago

By Basketball Goal I mean the motor for it to swing side to side sorry.

#106 4 years ago

Tracked it down to Relay B, the switch needed to be adjusted. Back up and running

1 week later
#107 3 years ago

I'm in need of a Backboard motor and ball lock assembly. Anybody have anything?

1 month later
#108 3 years ago

I bought a Shaq Attaq and I’m redoing all the rubber. Does anyone know if there is supposed to be a rubber in this spot between the two red posts? My diagram says no but I have seen some pictures of play fields that have it. Thanks!

78D36C43-5C9C-4370-B1DB-C7D397384C21 (resized).jpeg78D36C43-5C9C-4370-B1DB-C7D397384C21 (resized).jpegBE670F3A-9F5C-464C-9C37-6A232CCC4D3C (resized).jpegBE670F3A-9F5C-464C-9C37-6A232CCC4D3C (resized).jpeg
#109 3 years ago
Quoted from B_Chainsaw:

I bought a Shaq Attaq and I’m redoing all the rubber. Does anyone know if there is supposed to be a rubber in this spot between the two red posts? My diagram says no but I have seen some pictures of play fields that have it. Thanks!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes, definitely a rubber there.

#110 3 years ago

Oh, and also... Welcome to Pinside!

#111 3 years ago

Yes, there should be a band there.

#112 3 years ago

Sputnik and Electronmagic thank you for the quick reply! Any idea whether it is a 1” or 1.5” rubber? I’m going to have to buy a single since it didn’t come with one.

2 weeks later
#113 3 years ago

Greetings Everyone,

This is Rob from Pinshakers and I have some good news for you. We are getting ready to release the next version of our shaker kits and they will be compatible with Shaq Attaq! Beta testing was completed on a Stargate and the results are amazing.

An official announcement will go out as soon as the kits are released. In the meantime we need your help. Since the manuals for Gottlieb are unavailable for download, we have no idea what the trigger names are for each machine title. If you happen to have a manual for one of the machines in this line-up, could you please PM or email us the solenoid list. It should be located on the page for "Vll Parts Information" in a small section called "Solenoid, Driver Functions/Locations". That lists all of the solenoids/flashlamps and their names. Our email address is [email protected] in case you are unable to PM images on pinside.

Please do not post any images of the manual here in the forum. They are copyrighted material and we want to respect that. We will not post or distribute the images you send us and they will be deleted once we get the information we need in order to complete the user manuals for the shaker kits.

Thank you so much for your assistance, we can't wait to get these kits out to you guys!

Best Regards,

Robert Goebel
Pinshakers LLC
www.pinshakers.com

2 months later
#114 3 years ago

I have been in the club for 4 or 5 years. Finally decided to show some love for the Shaq. I was replacing all the rubber in all my other machines and my wife said "what about Shaq?" It is actually her favorite game. I put in the orange silicone bands and posts and I am really happy with the way it looks. I am waiting on my sling plastic from Ministry of Pinball (finally pulled the trigger) and some LEDs from Comet for my inserts.

Not a fan of Gottliebs since I really don't know how to work on them (all my other machines are older Williams or Ballys) The only real issue I had was having to rebuild the score clock and replace a MOSFET or two for flashers.

IMG_0451[1] (resized).JPGIMG_0451[1] (resized).JPG
#115 3 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

I have been in the club for 4 or 5 years. Finally decided to show some love for the Shaq. I was replacing all the rubber in all my other machines and my wife said "what about Shaq?" It is actually her favorite game. I put in the orange silicone bands and posts and I am really happy with the way it looks. I am waiting on my sling plastic from Ministry of Pinball (finally pulled the trigger) and some LEDs from Comet for my inserts.
Not a fan of Gottliebs since I really don't know how to work on them (all my other machines are older Williams or Ballys) The only real issue I had was having to rebuild the score clock and replace a MOSFET or two for flashers.
[quoted image]

Shaq actually has some decent rules compared to some of the other Gottliebs. It's a hidden gem.

#116 3 years ago

Not sure how to become a club member but am a fan of the game. Starting a restore and looking for some plastics or some scans to try making repros. Thanks.

20200929_093937 (resized).jpg20200929_093937 (resized).jpg20200929_093944 (resized).jpg20200929_093944 (resized).jpg20200929_093951 (resized).jpg20200929_093951 (resized).jpg
#117 3 years ago
Quoted from MichaelD:

Not sure how to become a club member but am a fan of the game. Starting a restore and looking for some plastics or some scans to try making repros. Thanks.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

There’s a place in the Netherlands that does some plastics. I just received a couple from the set.

Unfortunately they only seem to have the lower ones.

Removing the upper Mylar is particularly risky. I’m 0-2 on this.

D1180986-2D96-4003-8C5B-04F084D0ACFA (resized).jpegD1180986-2D96-4003-8C5B-04F084D0ACFA (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#118 3 years ago

I decided to create an alternate translite similar to the ones that I have seen for my Shaq machine. It actually looks better in person. Pictures make the LED's show up too much. I think it's an improvement. I experimented with the Comet LED strips that plug into the light sockets and you can adjust. I was able to move them directly under the words and picture of Shaq and it looked great, I just need to get some more. Right now the bulbs are not really in the right spots.

IMG_0752 (resized).JPGIMG_0752 (resized).JPGIMG_0755 (resized).JPGIMG_0755 (resized).JPG
2 months later
#119 3 years ago

I just joined the club and I'm in need of some of the plastics for this game as well. Where in the Netherlands can plastics be purchased? I checked with Steve Young and unfortunately they don't have any plastics for this game.

#120 3 years ago

New to the club! Under rated game for sure! My court spinner doesn't move with game play, everything looks right, and I probably need to have the motor done, but how can I check?

#121 3 years ago
Quoted from Troostr:

New to the club! Under rated game for sure! My court spinner doesn't move with game play, everything looks right, and I probably need to have the motor done, but how can I check?

Is the motor getting power?

2 weeks later
#122 3 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

I just joined the club and I'm in need of some of the plastics for this game as well. Where in the Netherlands can plastics be purchased? I checked with Steve Young and unfortunately they don't have any plastics for this game.

I bought three plastics: upper VUK, the crowd rectangle behind the top of the dome and the ‘advantages’ plastic. From Planetary Pinball for dirt cheap.they appear to be NOS.

Ministry of Pinball ones have a color shift that looks better with warm lights. The yellow neutralizes the slight green tint to the batch I got. They’re tough. To match, you can get most of the lower pieces. The long basket thing on the left is beautiful.

The upper corner one? They’re all bashed there.

Cool game. Easy to work on. I ripped mine apart and reassembled it. There are lots of little things, it’s hard and it nails the basketball theme.

FEF94950-DAC0-4D88-85F1-15D6996D24A3 (resized).jpegFEF94950-DAC0-4D88-85F1-15D6996D24A3 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#123 3 years ago
Quoted from Troostr:

There are two relays under the playfield - screwed into it. One is the basket. One is the spinner*.

Spinner goes on and off randomly. I have confirmed that with Jon Norris, the designer.

Lastly, there’s a connector that might be unhooked from the motor itself.

The thing about the relay is you can (carefully) articulate it, make the connection and that’ll thell you if power is there or not.

*floor spinner

1 week later
#124 3 years ago

I thought I’d leave this gem here. It matches up with Designer Jon Norris’ technical drawing (posted years ago).

Yes, I tried to buy it. If you have it, I am interested.

This party is dead, which is a shame because Shaq is a hellava game.

It also weighs 700 pounds, is 7’ 1” and I live in a pre-war walk-up on the third floor.

Therefore it’s not going anywhere soon.

If anyone has any surplus Shaq plastics, oddities or PLAYFIELDS. Call me.

472B5C5A-3A8B-476C-AA0D-55D6F78B9D78 (resized).jpeg472B5C5A-3A8B-476C-AA0D-55D6F78B9D78 (resized).jpeg
#125 3 years ago
Quoted from desiArnez:

I thought I’d leave this gem here. It matches up with Designer Jon Norris’ technical drawing (posted years ago).
It also weighs 700 pounds, is 7’ 1” and I live in a pre-war walk-up on the third floor.
If anyone has any surplus Shaq plastics, oddities or PLAYFIELDS. Call me. [quoted image]

Is this a prototype?

#126 3 years ago
Quoted from desiArnez:

If anyone has any surplus Shaq plastics, oddities or PLAYFIELDS. Call me. [quoted image]

Someone just posted on Facebook tonight a completely populated playfield for a steal of 250$

95FF3402-932E-4136-A54F-CD35C3FCD3D8 (resized).jpeg95FF3402-932E-4136-A54F-CD35C3FCD3D8 (resized).jpeg
#127 3 years ago

Just joined the club!

I'm placing an order for a full rebuild on all four flippers. This will be the first Gottlieb I've owned.

My question is, do the upper flippers use the same hardware as the main 2 lower ones? I am ordering both upper and lower shoes/shafts as well, plus new flipper bats.

Thanks in advance!

#128 3 years ago

Working on a Shaq for a friend and the Features Completed lights in the basketball are always locked on except for 20 mill. I have never played the game but I thought they would all be off until each one was earned. The game steps through all the modes and you can tell your progression by the lights that stay on in the row leading up to the right ramp. You can get to the finals but the lights in the features completed ball stay the same. I went into to test and checked all the feature lamps one at a time and then did the same with switches to see if anything was shorted together. All lights in the features completed basketball all flash in the lamp test for the whole playfield and light up in the single lamp test correctly. I looked up a stream to see gameplay and in the PAPA video the game behaves exactly like the one I'm working on with the same light locked on in the ball. Here's a link:

I've switched the game to tournament mode which is supposed to have 3 of the features completed already and lit when you start the game. In tournament mode the same lights are locked on. In attract mode only the shaq attaq light in the center of the ball flashes on and off. I'm guessing the Shaq in the PAPA clip has the same issue as my Shaq?

1 week later
#129 3 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Someone just posted on Facebook tonight a completely populated playfield for a steal of 250$ [quoted image]

I tried.

#130 3 years ago
Quoted from goodypin18:

Just joined the club!
I'm placing an order for a full rebuild on all four flippers. This will be the first Gottlieb I've owned.
My question is, do the upper flippers use the same hardware as the main 2 lower ones? I am ordering both upper and lower shoes/shafts as well, plus new flipper bats.
Thanks in advance!

The coils are of slightly different ratings Orange and blue. Or maybe the other way around. The top are 2” and the bottom are 3”. Shafts are a good idea. Seating them correctly is hard. Someone should make a conversion kit.

#131 3 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Working on a Shaq for a friend and the Features Completed lights in the basketball are always locked on except for 20 mill. I have never played the game but I thought they would all be off until each one was earned. The game steps through all the modes and you can tell your progression by the lights that stay on in the row leading up to the right ramp. You can get to the finals but the lights in the features completed ball stay the same. I went into to test and checked all the feature lamps one at a time and then did the same with switches to see if anything was shorted together. All lights in the features completed basketball all flash in the lamp test for the whole playfield and light up in the single lamp test correctly. I looked up a stream to see gameplay and in the PAPA video the game behaves exactly like the one I'm working on with the same light locked on in the ball. Here's a link:
I've switched the game to tournament mode which is supposed to have 3 of the features completed already and lit when you start the game. In tournament mode the same lights are locked on. In attract mode only the shaq attaq light in the center of the ball flashes on and off. I'm guessing the Shaq in the PAPA clip has the same issue as my Shaq?

The circle is a progressive achievement that, when in normal mode, rolls over. It’s a steal opportunity but not worth much if reduced scoring is on (and should be) as there’s no end of game basket point bonus. I think.

From experience the 20m is the hardest light to light (rebound a close second). I takes four vari-target hits on one ball. If break the basket (right in lane being the least helpful) is lit, the hit may be lucrative but won’t advance the bonus.

It’s the only bonus except at the end of the game. A multiplier is up by the drops.

So it’s gonna stay like that.

There is a way to fine tune that si it spots you a circle. I haven’t successfully been able to get it to work, I like the variety-target challenge. Super hard to do.

With the glass on..

#132 3 years ago
Quoted from desiArnez:

So it’s gonna stay like that.

Thanks desi! I'm going to leave it as it sits then. I had removed and checked all diodes on that strobe and all is well. All lights work in test mode in both the collective and single lamp tests with no other lights locked on. I'm not familiar with the game so I assumed they were locked on.

#133 3 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Thanks desi! I'm going to leave it as it sits then. I had removed and checked all diodes on that strobe and all is well. All lights work in test mode in both the collective and single lamp tests with no other lights locked on. I'm not familiar with the game so I assumed they were locked on.

I bought mine as a crumbling cadaver and, for the learning experience, rebuilt everything. Those specific basket circles, btw, look best with incandescent bulbs. LEDs will blow out (over illuminate) your inserts.

For a true test, do a glass off run and hit the vari-target (when lit for adv bonus,, not break the basket) until the 20m light above the flippers comes on.

You can set how hard the vari-target needs to be hit to register, but it’s not a very noticeable difference. I think there are five clicks to its switch.

Now if those aren’t registering, you’ll never get that circle light lit.

Unsolicited helpful setting Shaq-isms to make the game as fun as it really can be (it is a hellava game, considering)

Attract speech: on (trust me)

Game difficulty: fine-tune (so you can tweak the following)

Hidden Features: easy - but not a big difference

Hidden features bonus: hard (!!!)

Shaq Attaq Circle advance adjustment #69: hard (easy should spot a circle with every new game, but not with reduced scoring on)

Shaquille Feature: Easy (very important)

Reduced coach speech: on

Reduced Scoring: on

410CCECE-B657-4C06-ABE1-E09AB8855C84 (resized).jpeg410CCECE-B657-4C06-ABE1-E09AB8855C84 (resized).jpeg
#134 3 years ago
Quoted from desiArnez:The coils are of slightly different ratings Orange and blue. Or maybe the other way around. The top are 2” and the bottom are 3”. Shafts are a good idea. Seating them correctly is hard. Someone should make a conversion kit.

Thank you. I was able to obtain both rebuild kits from Pinballwizard.net and installed after breaking the loc tite screws off in the process. Pretty sure they put that stuff on everything from the factory. I had to replace 4 play field posts too!

#135 3 years ago

anyone got any plastics? i need a bunch.

#136 3 years ago
Quoted from desiArnez:

For a true test, do a glass off run and hit the vari-target (when lit for adv bonus,, not break the basket) until the 20m light above the flippers comes on.

Thanks so much Desi, it was so freakin gratifying watching the event ball turn back to just one lit event after the 20 million was earned!

1 month later
#137 3 years ago

https://www.facebook.com/groups/669815773135120/permalink/3742511792532154/?sale_post_id=3742511792532154

Just saw a NOS Shaq playfield listed on FB. I don't know anything about the seller so do your research first. I have already done my NOS Playfield swap and want to see more Shaqs saved because it's a Fun pin.

#138 3 years ago

Also just received my plastics sets from MrArcade.eu these have been hard to find for a while. They came out great. Now to go back to our Shaq that we did a playfield swap on a couple years ago and put in fresh new plastics.

20210413_095310 (resized).jpg20210413_095310 (resized).jpg20210413_095334 (resized).jpg20210413_095334 (resized).jpg
#139 3 years ago

Nice find on the plastics. I checked their website and it looks like you may have gotten the last one or only one. Also out of curiosity, what's the price they are asking for the NOS PF?

#140 3 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

Nice find on the plastics. I checked their website and it looks like you may have gotten the last one or only one. Also out of curiosity, what's the price they are asking for the NOS PF?

$600 for the playfield.
You should be able to message them and get a set of plastics possibly. I messaged him through FB also.

1 month later
#141 2 years ago

Hi, I have realised a french documentary video about the SHAQ ATTAQ pinball and the cocktail table ONE ON ONE by Gottlieb.

#142 2 years ago

On the turntable.

6ED8A8A9-58B6-4FBC-863F-2134DC05AF6D (resized).jpeg6ED8A8A9-58B6-4FBC-863F-2134DC05AF6D (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#143 2 years ago

Does anyone have a u11 chip I can buy off them and the 2 capacitors at c20 and c21

#144 2 years ago

Joined the club today. First Gottlieb game as well.

IMG_20210625_192918.jpgIMG_20210625_192918.jpg
#145 2 years ago

Welcome to the Club. Looks to be in pretty good shape.

#146 2 years ago

I’ve got a Beautiful one for sale or trade soon
May be a sample as well
Leds in pf and shopped

#147 2 years ago

Post pics when you are done. I’m in the process of trying to make mine better. Mine’s a player for sure.

#148 2 years ago
693B01E3-3DED-4798-9501-E758882AEC02 (resized).jpeg693B01E3-3DED-4798-9501-E758882AEC02 (resized).jpegD468CAFA-EC43-4EBF-9D8C-D8EB05DC2E37 (resized).jpegD468CAFA-EC43-4EBF-9D8C-D8EB05DC2E37 (resized).jpegDB1A6D5F-7682-464B-803F-599E52D79F07 (resized).jpegDB1A6D5F-7682-464B-803F-599E52D79F07 (resized).jpegFC29BEAA-346A-4AB0-BFF9-D5F86871EBEF (resized).jpegFC29BEAA-346A-4AB0-BFF9-D5F86871EBEF (resized).jpeg
#149 2 years ago

Logan Arcade.

In camera. AF-C w/ slow SS. Rotate camera.

Photo: IG @pinball.by.xtn

C35DD0B3-DCFD-4DC4-896B-37F0818AD2C0 (resized).jpegC35DD0B3-DCFD-4DC4-896B-37F0818AD2C0 (resized).jpeg
#150 2 years ago

Been in the club for years but first time showing her off here... super under rated game and a favorite in my collection. Possibly the best $800 I ever spent!

936B37A7-7040-46C7-B4B9-FA6C0A7FE4D6 (resized).jpeg936B37A7-7040-46C7-B4B9-FA6C0A7FE4D6 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
Machine - For Sale
Rhinelander, WI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 195 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shaq-attaq-membersfans-only/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.