20210912_105335.jpg
20210909_160242.jpg
20210909_160258.jpg
86BD6A3B-1131-4F94-B0D1-0A13BDA73A82 (resized).jpeg
4EBB7B67-A4B4-4D3A-8DBD-93DD209D93B3 (resized).jpeg
4F877018-2F70-4AB9-81C9-F39047D101B2 (resized).jpeg
87F04001-8383-40E2-B15D-A6BFB6B88C70 (resized).jpeg
FE88A9F4-FB71-433F-B6D5-E0CB0A90C017 (resized).jpeg

There are 192 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 7 years ago

Would anyone know what part number the Shaq Attaq apron light sockets would be?

1 year later
#52 5 years ago

I picked up a Shaq Attaq about 3 weeks ago. Great seller, great price, and the pins in overall great shape.
I had sent the legs and wireforms off to be powdercoated, and I just got them back and reinstalled. I matched the orange to the t-trim orange color. I’m quite happy with how it looks now. (Pics are a bit dark, but you get the idea)

F710457E-5530-40AF-B3B6-D1B7EC249709 (resized).jpegF710457E-5530-40AF-B3B6-D1B7EC249709 (resized).jpeg

BEC789E5-35B9-4912-A997-B937B8063C16 (resized).jpegBEC789E5-35B9-4912-A997-B937B8063C16 (resized).jpeg

#53 5 years ago

Looks good, especially next to the Hangtime.

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from TheBrewhouse:

Looks good, especially next to the Hangtime.

Thanks! I was happy to set them side by side

1 month later
#55 5 years ago

I just joined the club - picked up a players condition machine at the York show. Does anyone have a lewd on where to purchase or if anyone custom makes the blue spinning disc decal?

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from boo32:

on where to purchase or if anyone custom makes the blue spinning disc decal?

How about this one on ebay? Looks barely used.

ebay.com link: Shaq Attaq Basketball Court Motor Used Shipping Available

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from TheBrewhouse:

How about this one on ebay? Looks barely used.
ebay.com link » Shaq Attaq Basketball Court Motor Used Shipping Available

I actually hit the link thinking I had the answer I needed - I got pinball rickrolled

2 months later
#58 5 years ago

Just picked one of these up a month ago. One question if someone can look at there’s for me. Where the ball drains is one of those red posts. Is it supposed to have a 5/16 rubber ring on it? It was not included in the rubber kit I have and the Manuel doesn’t say.

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Just picked one of these up a month ago. One question if someone can look at there’s for me. Where the ball drains is one of those red posts. Is it supposed to have a 5/16 rubber ring on it? It was not included in the rubber kit I have and the Manuel doesn’t say.

Mine has a rubber on that post.

#60 5 years ago

Thank you and have a merry Xmas.

1 month later
#61 5 years ago

Can you adjust the flipper strength on Shaq Attack? My left flipper seems weak. I’m not to experienced with system 3 but I’m hoping there is coil strength adjustment.

#62 5 years ago

I'm not aware of a power adjustment on the flippers. A rebuild did a world of good on mine. The left was weak and sticky.

#63 5 years ago

Thanks, yeah looks like it’s time

2 weeks later
#64 5 years ago

Any shaq owners out there able to post a pic of the wiring harness behind the basketball scoreboard? Mine has been missing since I received it, found a manual for the game and there is no mention of the harness or part number. Where this harness plugs into on the driver board would be very helpful as well. Thanks!

#65 5 years ago

Part # MA-2070-P plugs into P6 It is a 2 piece harness.

20190215_092056 (resized).jpg20190215_092056 (resized).jpg20190215_092411 (resized).jpg20190215_092411 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#66 5 years ago

Hey I just noticed that this game has a knocker with a bell in the manual. Mine is missing but the bracket is there as well as the plug coming from harness. Anyone have a bell and knocker assembly in their game? Got any photos of how the bell is installed so I can source the parts. I found the knocker assembly without a bell on PB resource's website. Also if you do have it when does the game trigger it? Says the bell is 5 inches but don't really see any clearance if mounted straight up. thanks

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Hey I just noticed that this game has a knocker with a bell in the manual. Mine is missing but the bracket is there as well as the plug coming from harness. Anyone have a bell and knocker assembly in their game? Got any photos of how the bell is installed so I can source the parts. I found the knocker assembly without a bell on PB resource's website. Also if you do have it when does the game trigger it? Says the bell is 5 inches but don't really see any clearance if mounted straight up. thanks

Mine doesn't have a bell.

3 weeks later
#68 4 years ago

Finally got my scoreboard fixed and will be delivered on Friday. I’m missing the hardware to attach the scoreboard pcb to the front plastic piece. Anyone have any photos or know what type of hardware is used? Thanks.

1 month later
#69 4 years ago

So many things I like about this game. I know why people hate it (theme) but the reasons people hate it never bothered me. I have mine set up hard and anything over 200 mil on mine is a crazy good game.

I don’t think people realize how many different wizard modes there are and how they are all fairly difficult to achieve. I guess that has really surprised me because Shaq Attack, Slamim Jammin, Finals, and Supermode are all very fun to play. That’s right, four wizard modes.

It is a bit of a one shot wonder with the basket for Jackpot and I’m not super fond of the game awarding MB to players at the start of ball 3 but hey, BSD does that too (with mist MB) and no one thinks that fact ruins that game. I like the randomness of the basket because it adds some tension and drama to a barely missed shot for a potential competitive win vs other players. It’s end of game bonus is very heavy and I kind of like that because the lower playfield punishes missed shots severely. It’s really beneficial to keep you ball in play for a long time, adding basket points, game balls, and hidden features.

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

So many things I like about this game. I know why people hate it (theme) but the reasons people hate it never bothered me. I have mine set up hard and anything over 200 mil on mine is a crazy good game.
I don’t think people realize how many different wizard modes there are and how they are all fairly difficult to achieve. I guess that has really surprised me because Shaq Attack, Slamim Jammin, Finals, and Supermode are all very fun to play. That’s right, four wizard modes.
It is a bit of a one shot wonder with the basket for Jackpot and I’m not super fond of the game awarding MB to players at the start of ball 3 but hey, BSD does that too (with mist MB) and no one thinks that fact ruins that game. I like the randomness of the basket because it adds some tension and drama to a barely missed shot for a potential competitive win vs other players. It’s end of game bonus is very heavy and I kind of like that because the lower playfield punishes missed shots severely. It’s really beneficial to keep you ball in play for a long time, adding basket points, game balls, and hidden features.

It is a great game, and all these years later the theme / Shaq is still relevant.

#71 4 years ago

Anyone know where I can get decals for the spinner and the webbing on the net? Thanks for any leads!

#72 4 years ago

The webbing on the net is actually plastic webbing. I know someone on the web has that part. Found it for $5:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/30772

#73 4 years ago

I revised the game rules posted long ago on the internet because I could not follow them at all and there were a few things missing. Hopefully this will help someone better understand how to play the game:

--Game “Events” or Modes--
There are 4 timed qualifying events on the “road to the finals” event. Each event is qualified at the right ramp by shooting all 3 of its associated event icons (3 horse heads, 3 MVP cups, 3 Basketballs, 3 clocks) and runs for 15 seconds.
All flashing events simultaneously begin by shooting the ramp while "begin event" is flashing. Multiple flashing events (AND MULTIBALL) can be started and stacked at the same time (called multimode) with a single ramp shot. Also, a new event that is qualified while events are being played can also be started by shooting the ramp again.

The “regular 4” game events:

Horse event rules:
Complete the letters of HORSE by repeated spinner shots within 15 seconds. The first 4 letters score 10 baskets each, and the last letter awards 3 game balls and ends the event.

MVP event rules:
Shoot the center drop target as many times as possible within 15 seconds, scoring extra ball, 50M, 100M, and 300M (and end event) for each successive hit.

Game Balls event rules:
Shoot the vari-target as many times as possible within 15 seconds. Score 2 game balls for any hit and 3 game balls if the vari-target is driven all the way back.

Shot Clock event rules:
Shoot the basket hoop once within 15 seconds. The first hoop shot awards 1 game ball, starts the bottom right spot target flashing out, and ends the event.
—————————

Finals Event - mini wizard -
Playing all four of the above events qualifies you for the finals event. Make all the strobing shots (vari-target, spinner, right rollover lane, right ramp, and basket) within 30 seconds. Completing all shots scores the point value chosen when finals was entered, which is normally 100M, but can be higher by trading in game balls if you have 5 or more game balls. For example, trade 5 game balls to play for 300M. When time expires, the board is reset and the event qualification process begins again.
The first time, all event icons are lit simultaneously. After going through the finals event once, only some of the icons are lit at any given time, and the lit ones are rotated by the slingshots.

“Game Balls” Game Feature
Various game features award you game balls. Shooting the play field lamp #’s in order 1-2-3-4-5 and then letting the ball land in the right up-kicker between the upper-playfield flippers, will award player a game ball, light a game ball in the features completed circle, and allow player the opportunity to trade all game balls collected thus far, for an award:

• 1 Ball = 10M points
• 2 - 3 Balls = Hurry-up Extra Ball (or points)
• 4 - 5 Balls = Start Regular multiball
• 6 - 7 Balls = Extra Ball (or points)
• 8 - 9 Balls = Start Shaq Attaq multiball
• 10 - 13 Balls = Slammin Jammin multiball
• 14 Balls = Double Entire Score (awarded only once per player per game).
• 15 or more Balls = Score 20M (10M on hard/tournament settings, 30M on easy settings) per game ball.

—Slammin Jammin Multiball—
Progress toward Spelling SHAQUILLE may be made two ways:
1. Spell SHAQUILLE: Advance the letters of SHAQUILLE by hitting the top right white standup target (above the upper right flipper)
2. Selecting the Advance SHAQUILLE award from the Tip-Off.
--Once spelled, shooting the Tip-Off saucer will give you the choice to play Slammin Jammin multiball.
Trade Game Balls: if you have 10 to 13 game balls, you can trade them in to start Slammin Jammin.

Slammin Jammin rules: 3-ball multiball where every target adds 5M (or 3M on hard settings, 10M on easy settings) to an end-of-ball bonus. This feature remains active until 1 ball play. You can still qualify events, but you cannot start events during Slammin Jammin multiball. Separate end of ball bonus and you will lose it if you tilt that ball.

Supermode:
Enabled AND start all 4 events (flashing), and regular multiball OR Shaq Attaq multiball simultaneously. In addition to scoring the previously described multimode, the ramp now scores 100M.

—Regular Multiball—
Shooting the basket hoop while in 1-ball play (except during finals event) will light start multiball on the right ramp. Shoot the right ramp to start multiball, along with any events that are also flashing. Note that after the first multiball, the time to start-multiball is only a few seconds and you must shoot the basket again to re-qualify it.
Score jackpots by shooting the basket or re-locking all balls on the right ramp. Note that a ball shot to the right ramp will be HELD for 10 seconds, then be released again.
After scoring a jackpot, the super jackpot is lit for five seconds. Shoot the basket to collect it. If the super jackpot times out, then the basket scores a regular jackpot again. Multiple super jackpots can also be scored consecutively, by making baskets within 5 seconds of each other.
On normal settings, each jackpot is worth 20M, and the super jackpot is worth 100M. On tournament settings, the jackpot is worth 10M, and the super jackpot scores 50M.
—Shaq Attaq Multiball—
This is a 3-ball multiball, obtained by filling the game features basketball circle (shown on the playfield above the free throw hole) then shooting the ramp.
Shaq Attaq rules: All targets score 1 basket point. Shaq Attaq continues until only 1 ball remains on the playfield.

5 Hidden Features:
Discovering each feature lights a corresponding basketball above the left ramp and scores an
END OF GAME bonus.

--HIDDEN GAME FEATURES--

• #1- Playing Supermode.
• #2- Re-lock all 3 balls on ramp during multiball.
• #3- Making the free throw shot (saucer hole) during an event.
• #4- Tip-off: choose 5,000 points twice (three times on hard settings).
• #5- Score one “drop target rebound”….
—>Drop Target Rules:
Score 5K. Each target scores 1x basket points AND collect MVP cup event icon if lit or flashing. Completing the bank scores advance multiplier if lit. Once multiplier is 3x, completing all drop targets scores a rebound, lights hidden feature #5, awards 1 game ball, lights rebound in features completed circle, and collect the rebound progressive score value. The sequence goes 5M, 10M, 20M. If MVP event active. Drops are also used in MVP event.

END OF GAME hidden bonus award is based on the total hidden features found:

• 1 feature - 10M
• 2 features - 30M
• 3 features - 100M
• 4 features - 300M
• 5 features - 1 Billion

On normal and hard settings, this bonus is collected at the end of the game. On easy settings, it is scored at the end of each ball.
In order to find all five features in one game you will want to go for multimode level 5 immediately, as it becomes much harder to achieve after reaching the finals event for the first time. To do this, AVOID shooting the right ramp and AVOID the "start event" plunger shot until all four features and multiball are lit at the ramp. The other hidden features can be obtained through normal game play.

--PLAYFIELD FEATURES--

Drop target basket “multiplier”
The notation "score 1x basket points" means to score 1 basket point times the current multiplier, which is advanced by completing the drop targets. Maxes out at 3x.

Upper left playfield spot target
Score 500K. Score 1x basket points and collect basketball event icon if lit or flashing.

Left Up-kicker
Tip-off mystery award but only if in normal ball play. Score 500K, 1x basket points and collect horse head event icon if lit or flashing. Mystery is OFF during any multiball.

Spinner
Score 5K per spin. Score 1x basket points and collect basketball event icon if lit or flashing. If #1 flashing, light #1 and flash #2. If #3 is flashing, light #3 and flash #4. If super-spinner active, score and advance progressive award. The sequence is 5M, 10M, and 3 basket points. Add a letter to HORSE if horse event active.

Upper right white standup target
Score 500K, advance a letter in SHAQUILLE if ‘spell SHAQUILLE' lit. Score 1x basket points and collect clock event icon if lit or flashing.

Basket Hoop
Score 1M. Collect 20M jackpot or 100M Super jackpot if flashing and light jackpot in the features completed circle. If 'beat the buzzer' is active, end the beat the buzzer event, award 1 game ball, and light the special lamp for 10 seconds at the bottom right spot target. If alley-oop flashing out, award 8 basket points (or 10 on easy settings, 5 on hard settings) and 1 game ball. Also light alley-oop in features completed circle. Award 2 or 3 baskets if 2 points or 3 points lit solid. In 1-ball play, start multiball flashing or flashing out.

Right Up-kicker
Score 500. If #5 flashing, collect 1 game ball, light game ball in the features completed circle, offer player the chance to trade all game balls for an award (Section 7), and restart the 1-5 game ball sequence. Start Super spinner flashing out if the spinner basketball event icon unlit.

Hole kicker
Score 50K. Score 1x basket points and collect MVP cup event icon if lit or flashing. If free throw is lit, score 1-10 basket points, and if an event is active, light hidden feature #3 and receive 1 game ball.

Right side rollover lane
Score 90K. Score 1x basket points and collect MVP cup icon event if lit or flashing. If #2 flashing, Light #2 solid and flash #3. If #4 flashing, light #4 solid and flash #5. If dribble lit, start dribble (left outlane ball saver) flashing for 10 seconds.

Center spot target
Score 30K. Score 1x basket points and collect clock event icon if lit or flashing. Start dribble flashing out. If dribble already flashing out, spot a drop target (unless in MVP event) and score the progressive dribble award. The score sequence is 5M, 10M, and 3 basket points.

Lower left Vari-target
This target gives a variable award, depending on how far the metal lever is pushed when the target is hit. Scores 300K, 1M, 3M, or 5M, depending on the depth of hit. Score 1x basket points and collect basketball event icon if lit or flashing. Advance Bonus value if lit. When bonus value reaches 20M, light bonus 20M in the features completed circle. If bonus value 20M, spot a drop target if driven completely back. If break the backboard flashing out and target hit back far enough, receive the progressive break the backboard award. The sequence is 10M, Hurry-up Extra Ball, 10 basket points, and 1 game ball.

Right Ramp
Used to begin flashing events if "begin event" flashing, and to start multiball if flashing. Score 1s basket points and collect clock icon if lit or flashing. If light alley-oop is lit or shooter lane alley-oop is flashing, begin alley-oop flashing out. Score 100M when in Supermode.

Lower left spot target
score 30K. Award an extra ball if lamp flashing. Score 1x basket points and collect horse head event icon if lit or flashing.

Bottom right spot target
Score 30k. Award special if flashing. Score 1x basket points and collect clock icon if lit or flashing.

--OTHER FEATURES--

Plunger shot lamp award
Player will sometimes be given a choice between enabling alley-oop or beginning all qualified events. This is indicated by alternating the flashing lamps in the shooter lane while the ball is sitting at the plunger. Releasing the shooter lane switch will stop the lamp movement and give that award once the ball reaches the ramp.

Super Spinner
Can only be activated after the spinner basketball icon has been collected. Shooting the spinner, right up-kicker, and either return rollover starts super spinner flashing out. Shooting the spinner now scores the progressive award of 5M, 10M, and 3 basket points.

Break the backboard
The right return rollover starts the vari-target backboard lamp flashing out. A hit on the vari-target scores a progressive sequence of 10M, hurry-up EB, 10 baskets, and finally 1 game ball for each hit for the rest of the game.

Alley-oop
Enabled from the plunger skill shot or by shooting the ramp with a lit light alley-oop lamp. The basket hoop alley-oop lamp begins flashing out. Shooting the hoop scores 8 baskets (5 on hard settings, 10 on easy settings), 1 game ball, and lights alleyoop in the features completed basketball circle.

Tip-off saucer
Mystery award active during normal 1-ball play and enabled by shooting the upper left saucer. The player chooses between a point award or game award. In tournament mode, tip-off offers each player the same sequence of awards.

Multimode
Occurs as a result of having 2 or more events active at the same time. The spinner and right side rollover now score an additional 1M for each active event. Multimode level 3 or greater lights the Level 3 lamp in the features completed circle.

Supermode
Enabled when all 4 events and regular multiball OR Shaq Attaq multiball are all active at the same time. In addition to scoring multimode as previously described, the ramp now scores 100M.

2 weeks later
#74 4 years ago

Can anyone tell me what the part number is for the post/plunger which raises and keeps balls in the lock? I am looking at a machine where the ball skips over the post occasionally. Hoping a new post will fix it.

Edit: nevermind! Found it. It's 28653.

2 weeks later
#75 4 years ago

Quick mock up for a potential alternative backglass.

Shaq Attack New (resized).jpgShaq Attack New (resized).jpg

1 month later
#76 4 years ago

I've created these custom apron cards, and am making them available for $10 per set, including US postage. I print these on a photo printer using OEM ink (no cheap third party) and OEM ultra gloss photo paper. I then cover in 3 mil clear gloss laminate, and razor cut to size.

Please PM me if interested.

Shaq1 (resized).jpgShaq1 (resized).jpgShaq2 (resized).jpgShaq2 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#77 4 years ago

Can someone take a clear picture (or scan) the clear trapezoidal shaped plastic that prevents the ball from getting stuck up near the LED scoreboard? (Lower right corner of pic). Actually, just measuring it would work for me.

I just realized that my game is missing that piece. Now I know why the ball get stuck there, every other game.
Screen Shot 2019-07-25 at 10.03.33 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-07-25 at 10.03.33 AM (resized).png

#78 4 years ago

What kind of Bozo waste money on doing a playfield swap on Shaq Attaq???

This kind of Bozo NOS playfield with top side metal guides and post already installed. I'm going to do Comet 2smd LED's probably Sunlight white, Titan rings probably just black, orange post and maybe all blue's on the flippers and a set of those sweet custom cards from @Mr_Tantrum

20190726_143413 (resized).jpg20190726_143413 (resized).jpg
#79 4 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Can someone take a clear picture (or scan) the clear trapezoidal shaped plastic that prevents the ball from getting stuck up near the LED scoreboard? (Lower right corner of pic). Actually, just measuring it would work for me.
I just realized that my game is missing that piece. Now I know why the ball get stuck there, every other game.
[quoted image]

Sorry, I saw this yesterday and meant to respond. I'll take a pic and measure it tonight. If you don't hear back from me by tomorrow, shoot me a message reminding me to get that for you.

2 weeks later
#80 4 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

I picked up a Shaq Attaq about 3 weeks ago. Great seller, great price, and the pins in overall great shape.
I had sent the legs and wireforms off to be powdercoated, and I just got them back and reinstalled. I matched the orange to the t-trim orange color. I’m quite happy with how it looks now. (Pics are a bit dark, but you get the idea)
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I was about to order my Titans rings for this before I realized some of the posts are tapered. Are you guys just skipping those and using regular posts.?

#81 4 years ago

Marco has some of their super bands in various colors that are tapered.

2 weeks later
#82 4 years ago

Any owners able to take a photo of the left side flipper assembly and wiring. Need to see what wire connects to where on the coil and switch.

#83 4 years ago

Playfield Swap is complete time to take it back to my Dad's house and drop it back in. Still have to order the custom apron cards though cause those yellowed ones are horrible.

shaqAttackedit3WEB (resized).jpgshaqAttackedit3WEB (resized).jpgShaqAttackedit1web (resized).jpgShaqAttackedit1web (resized).jpgShaqAttackedit2web (resized).jpgShaqAttackedit2web (resized).jpg
3 months later
#84 4 years ago

Few Shaq questions:
1. On the board inside the door I have "test" and volume, the tournament portion has no switch nor does it look like one was ever there. Is this common? How do I get it into free play sans switch?

2. The upper flipper (left) sticks in the up position pretty regularly. It doesn't seem to be energized as I can manually extend the flipper and it sticks. I've changed the coil and sleeve (just because) but that wasn't it. Possible bad plunger (mushroom)? The bushing looks good the entire machine seems to have low play on it.

3. Spinner doesn't spin, it will on occasion slowly turn a few times then stop. Is there a common do this or do that on the spinner or am I looking at replacing the motor?

Thanks all.

#85 4 years ago
Quoted from cshelden:

Few Shaq questions:
1. On the board inside the door I have "test" and volume, the tournament portion has no switch nor does it look like one was ever there. Is this common? How do I get it into free play sans switch?
2. The upper flipper (left) sticks in the up position pretty regularly. It doesn't seem to be energized as I can manually extend the flipper and it sticks. I've changed the coil and sleeve (just because) but that wasn't it. Possible bad plunger (mushroom)? The bushing looks good the entire machine seems to have low play on it.
3. Spinner doesn't spin, it will on occasion slowly turn a few times then stop. Is there a common do this or do that on the spinner or am I looking at replacing the motor?
Thanks all.

When I open my coin door, I have a tournament slide switch on the little circuit board. It's turned on.

The flipper plunger is probably mushroomed. Can be cleaned and re-chamfered with a file.

There's no motor for the spinner. It's just kinetic energy from the ball that spins it. Fiddle with it while you spin it with your finger. May need to be cleaned if someone tried to oil it in the past.

#86 4 years ago
Quoted from Electronmagic:

When I open my coin door, I have a tournament slide switch on the little circuit board. It's turned on.
The flipper plunger is probably mushroomed. Can be cleaned and re-chamfered with a file.
There's no motor for the spinner. It's just kinetic energy from the ball that spins it. Fiddle with it while you spin it with your finger. May need to be cleaned if someone tried to oil it in the past.

Mine is missing the slide switch, the inspection doesn't look like there ever was one. I can add one but was curious.

Perhaps I'm not calling the spinner the right thing. The disk in the upper playfield does have a motor for it, the spinning disk, not the spinning gate in the upper left lane. Sorry.

#87 4 years ago

The motor probably needs a rebuild, can see if Marco still has one. I got one last year from them for around 100$. If they are out of stock you can send it off to pinball resource for a rebuild for the same cost. My board inside the coin door had a switch for tournament mode. Sold the pin earlier this year or I’d get you a pic.

#88 4 years ago

Clipper issue resolved. I mic’d the plunger it was pretty consistent. Start to finish. Turns out the issue was the sleeve was about an 1/8” to long. Causing the linkage to hang. Trimmed and I have 30 games on it wo issue.

Going to see if I can source a motor with out buying the entire assembly.

1 month later
#89 4 years ago

Here’s a fun thread.

It started as a so-wrong-it’s-right joke. I’d just adopted the smallest little (pistol of a) Chihuahua and tried out the name Shaq. It fit. Same shaped head. I’d hate to run into either alone in a dark alley.

So, of course I bought a relatively inexpensive Shaq Attaq after playing it at the Athens Pinball Museum. It’s got some fresh shots.

I have a couple questions for owners, past and future...

1. Is your basket loud as heck... can I lube this motor? It appears to be riveted but I haven’t pulled it.

2. Is the upper flipper bat the same part number as the lower? 25956?

3. Who fixes the score boards? Yes, please.

4. Recommendations for coil numbers for super strong front flippers? That has to do with magnetic winding, no?

5. Where are the ROM hackers when you need them? I’m averaging 12 MBs a game.

#90 4 years ago

I can help with a couple. Basket motor is sealed and can’t be lubed. Will have to send that out to Steve young at pinball resource for a rebuild. It’s 100$ he did mine for. the score board look up Jerry clause on here and Facebook. Mine was really messed up bad and he fixed it. He is a magician when it comes to this led board.
2B7FE109-CB36-4682-9555-7B677D11CC44 (resized).jpeg2B7FE109-CB36-4682-9555-7B677D11CC44 (resized).jpeg09692CE9-07F5-4867-A718-A60AD4301C99 (resized).jpeg09692CE9-07F5-4867-A718-A60AD4301C99 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#91 4 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

Playfield Swap is complete time to take it back to my Dad's house and drop it back in. Still have to order the custom apron cards though cause those yellowed ones are horrible.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice. What does the old one look like?

#92 4 years ago

So are there any rebuild parts available for these backboard motors? I know Steve can do it for $100, but I'd like to do it myself if I can.

#93 4 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

What kind of Bozo waste money on doing a playfield swap on Shaq Attaq???
This kind of Bozo NOS playfield with top side metal guides and post already installed. I'm going to do Comet 2smd LED's probably Sunlight white, Titan rings probably just black, orange post and maybe all blue's on the flippers and a set of those sweet custom cards from Mr_Tantrum[quoted image]

hey man where did you get the nos playfield ???

#94 4 years ago
Quoted from Joka:

hey man where did you get the nos playfield ???

It was on Pinside some months ago... I think it was $350 and no one wanted it for months. I considered it but mine PF is ok and I couldn't justify the time to swap mine.

#95 4 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

It was on Pinside some months ago... I think it was $350 and no one wanted it for months. I considered it but mine PF is ok and I couldn't justify the time to swap mine.

i reckon another one of those would be hard to find

2 weeks later
#96 4 years ago

Rebuilding my Shaq because I don’t really have a choice. Like a bad roommate, Shaq moved in the apartment and is simply too big to make leave. That’s a subtle joke - imagine what it took to get that thing (which weighs a ton with all the hardware under the playfield) up three flights of NYC tenement stairs. Sure, it’s a money pit but also a great learning experience.

Sending out what is usually a futile SOS for any leftover bits you might have.

Primarily the plastics in the images below.

Unused ramp And jump stickers.

And a playfield. I’ll periodically ask until I have a surrogate in hand. Unfortunately the existing one checked so badly that the clear coat is flaking (like dandruff) along with the paint. No amount of surgery is going to help it.

AF7785B2-8CF4-4BEF-9093-C55322778110 (resized).jpegAF7785B2-8CF4-4BEF-9093-C55322778110 (resized).jpegCADF83BC-4548-48B5-A818-F065C59D414C (resized).jpegCADF83BC-4548-48B5-A818-F065C59D414C (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#97 4 years ago

Anyone notice this Easter egg?

23651F91-BD7C-48C7-9CF9-BEEBE40B9A1B (resized).jpeg23651F91-BD7C-48C7-9CF9-BEEBE40B9A1B (resized).jpeg
#98 4 years ago

What am I missing?

1 month later
#99 3 years ago

Hello and sorry for disturbing you,

I have purchased a GOTTLIEB SHAQ ATTACK for repair. I have some problems but 2 of them are complicated for me and I would like to obtain your help ( if posible...).

1. - I have a problem with the "top upkicker coil". It does not work. I chack the wires and they are ok, tested the resistance of the coil and it is ok, test the Volts from the legs to ground and it is ok and finally test putting 1 wire from ground to the coil leg with not banded diode end and it the coil fires… I think that the problem it is in the mosfet transistor Q4 . What is your opinion?

2.- I have a problem with the flashlamp "l ramp dome". it is a big lamp type 67 that the machine presents like a coil. At the begining it does not ligth. I test the wires and finally change the lamp support for other new and now it is lighting continously and very strong. The rest of the flashlamps works correctly (with intermitence…). I checked the R2 (330 Oohms 5w) and it is ok. Do you think that the problem could be in the transistor Q14 too?

I checked the 2 MOSFET transistors in the driver board (putting 1 leg of the multimeter in the transistor hole and the other in the right and left leg of it..) and reads are similar to the other transistors tested…

I Will be very grateful if you can give me your opinion...

#100 3 years ago
Quoted from desiArnez:

Anyone notice this Easter egg?

Curious….please explain….

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
Inner Orbit Pinball
Unisex
There are 192 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shaq-attaq-membersfans-only/page/2?hl=gumby510 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.