• Latest reply 3 years ago by Bigguy66
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F8EECF64-A841-403C-B0EC-4C7729740B59 (resized).jpeg
#1 3 years ago

When a new game is started, regardless of whether the Tournament switch is ON or OFF, the features completed circle lamps are set as follows:
- Shaq Attaq is off
- Rebound is off
- Alley Oop is off
- Jackpot is off
- Level 3 is on
- Game Ball is on
- Bonus 20M is on

Tournament Mode adjustments – pg.16
2) Game Features
Tournament =
a) Reset “Shaq Attack” circle lamps to Jackpot, Bonus 20M, and Level 3 lit at start of each ball

Drop Targets – pg.2 Game Play and Scoring
If Rebound lit … light rebound in features completed circle.

Basket Hoop – pg.2 Game Play and Scoring
Collect jackpot of super jackpot if flashing & light jackpot in the features completed circle.
If alley-oop flashing out, award basket points (adjustable) and 1 game ball. Also light alley-oop in features completed circle.

Right Upkicker – pg.3 Game Play and Scoring
If #5 flashing, collect 1 game ball, light game ball in the features completed circle…

Vari-Target – pg.3 Game Play and Scoring
Advance bonus value if lit. When bonus value reaches 20 million, light bonus 20M in the features completed circle.

Multimode – pg.5 Game Play and Scoring
Occurs as a result of having 2 or more events active at the same time. The spinner and right side rollover now score an additional million points for each active event. Multimode level 3 or greater lights the “level 3” lamp in the features completed circle.

Shaq Attack – pg.5 Game Play and Scoring
3 ball multiball qualified by filling the features completed circle and then shooting the ramp.

Alley-oop – pg.5a Game Play and Scoring
…Shooting the Alley-oop scores several basket points (adjustable), 1 game ball, and lights alley-oop in the features completed circle.

My question(s) is why are these 3 lamps (level 3, game ball, and bonus20M) on when Tournament Mode > “game features” are set to “Normal Play”, not to “Tournament”? In addition, the Game Play and Scoring document says these lamps are lit when a specific game play has been achieved. How can you light a lamp during game play when it is already lit? What am I missing or not understanding?

#2 3 years ago

I have my Shaq dialed in almost perfect to my liking.

Tournament Play is, I think, designed to make things more even if it’s you, three friends and you’re not on location. Since the circle is progressive (carries over to subsequent games) like the Jackpot in Cyclone or Bride o’ Pinbot it seems reasonable that they tried to squash the old one player cashes in and the others are left in the dust advantage - especially because it’s easy to collect when lit.

I put money in my game. That’s symbolic. Therefore I have it on regular play which, if you fine-tune the difficulty, will eliminate your issue.

For the record, that 20m bonus is only from hitting the Vari-target with the Advance Bonus light lit and is, in my opinion, the hardest of the circle.

Does your game have a timer for the normal multiball ramp shot after the first one? That made things more challenging.

Have you noticed that after you go through the Finals that sling shots will alternate turn and off uncollected event targets?

All pinball machines are fun if you stare at them long enough - provided they play well. Having just rebuilt my Shaq, I will say that it absolutely is a fantastic game. I bought it as a joke on a whim just to have a cadaver to experiment with.

DM me if you want my formula. It’s mostly medium timers and hard everything else - except Slammin’ Jammin’. That can be set to reset each ball. Ten shots.

F8EECF64-A841-403C-B0EC-4C7729740B59 (resized).jpegF8EECF64-A841-403C-B0EC-4C7729740B59 (resized).jpeg
#3 3 years ago

Thank you for your post. I have had my Shaq Attaq for less than 2 months so I have a steep learning curve ahead of me. So how do you set up your Shaq for "regular" play? Does regular play include free play? So from what you say I need to set up Shaq for regular play and fine tune the game difficulty settings in order to eliminate the lamps from turning on in the features completed circle when a new game is started up.

#4 3 years ago

Tournament Mode is a misleading label. I think it can be fine tuned but I play with it off.

Here’s the thing. I use my machine like a piggy bank. If I don’t have any quarters I have a hidden switch connected to the chute 3 wires. Just a push button. You can also do this with the coin chutes. Personally I like laying down a couple coins to have something at stake. Just me. Tradition.

Since it appears you have a manual, it explains each adjustment and, with the tournament mode switch turned off, you can go into that menu and futz with it until you find a sweet spot. Free Play will be gone.

Find the switch. It’s next to the volume to the left inside of the coin door.

My key moves:

Adjustment 39: Novelty (no extra balls, no replay)
Adjustment 51: Game Restart Off (so you have to play through every game you start - like an arcade)
Adjustment 53: Game Difficulty : Fine Tune (
54–61: easy or medium to start. I don’t know how much you play.
62-68: whatever you like
ADJUSTMENT. SIXTY NINE: Shaq Attaq Circle Advance : HARD (you start with nothing but achievements roll over ball-to-ball, game-to-game. No lights are added between games. In other words, I can play 100 or 1000 games but until I complete each one, no Shaq Attaq. I’ve been trying to light that 20m one for a couple days now.

You’ll thank me for this. Adjustment 71 should be set to Easy.

Adjustment 73: Reduced Scoring. No freebies.

#5 3 years ago

Thanks for your post. I look forward to giving your suggestions a try.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Rhinelander, WI
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shaq-attaq-features-completed-circle-lamps-on-at-start-of-new-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.