• 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by ForceFlow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

aaa (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rollinover.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

so I just picked up a shaq attaq last night and overall the game is very nice.

the seller was playing it earlier in the day and then this message popped up.

we tried to reboot it a few times but for whatever reason it keeps booting to this error.

I have read about c20 and c21 capacitors but would appreciate any help if someone knows what it is

aaa (resized).jpgaaa (resized).jpg

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

You are on the right track. That is one of the main causes of this issue.
http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Gottlieb_System_3#Beeping_and_Garbled_DMD

sweet thanks for that,
does anyone have a good source for those caps I could buy?

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

It's a common value, so most electronics sites should have it.

is there one that is preferred for pinheads? I think I found some on ebay but they seem a little overpriced?

thanks again bud!

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

Language settings and strange messages are also often a symptom of a bad battery on the board, fixed a similar issue with a stargate by just replacing the battery, my2c.

I was thinking that, your referring to the button cel battery? is that soldered on or come off? mine seems rather stuck to the board....

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

It is soldered on , use a coin style battery holder for that. Make sure your 5 volts is good from the power supply. Also with Shaq Attack and Stargate, you can upgrade game prom versions as well to the latest, which for Shaq is rev 5.

cool thanks for the advice. Im sure its something silly or a combination of the two. I will have to work on it. and I really appreciate all the advice guys great stuff

#11 5 years ago

do you guys have a preferred electronics site to buy this little small stuff caps and battery holders?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
Machine - For Sale
Rhinelander, WI

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rollinover.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shaq-attaq-displaying-german-gibberish-upon-boot-need-help?tu=rollinover and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.