• Latest reply 7 years ago by bpeed99
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC_0701 (resized).JPG
DSC_0702 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bpeed99.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I recently purchased a presentable Shaq attaq with a couple of issues. The first issue was the "break the backboard" mechanism. I was able to resolve it by creating the tension on the spring (easy fix). The other issue was with the drop targets. They would set when the game was over but drop when the game started. I noticed that the tiny wires connecting them had broken. I simply had to reapply some solder to them (another easy fix).

Now I am having a problem I can not figure out. I noticed a couple of times upon startup, the ball would not kick to start a game and they would be jammed up at the out hole in the bottom. If I turned the machine off and started it again, it usually resolved the problem. Now it is at the point where it will not work. I am experiencing the following:

Upon start up it goes right in to repeating "Shoot again". The balls on the right are not kicking to the lane and it is wanting to shoot again because the ball on the left is closing the switch and it thinks it was a quick drain (see the 2nd photo). If I remove that ball and put it in the shooter lane, everything seems to work normal accept for the kick out hole in photo one. It recognizes the ball is in the hole but does not have enough power to trip the solenoid. It just keeps repeating a blunt sound but nothing happens. Other than that, everything else seems to function.

I have checked the fuses (at least the ones that I think are associated with those functions). I have also conducted a switch test since I read that someone else has had that issue but they are all functioning correctly. The manual says it may be the driver board. Any ideas on how to track down the problem or suggestion for fixes without going right in to replacing the entire board?

Any help or ideas provided is greatly appreciated.

#2 7 years ago

Forgot the photos....

DSC_0702 (resized).JPGDSC_0702 (resized).JPG

DSC_0701 (resized).JPGDSC_0701 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Rhinelander, WI
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bpeed99.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shaq-attack-kicker-issue-help-appreciated?tu=bpeed99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.