New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 65055)

Shaq Attack. Be loud and proud.Members only...

By pinball_erie

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by BadBrad97
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

tn_image-20.jpg
tn_image-19.jpg

#1 7 years ago

I recently bought this locally for sub $500 money. It had been refurbed by Brady Dist., most of the coils and switches look new. Playfield is a 9/10, cab is 9.5/10.

Features would be praised as "raising the bar" with today's pins: varitarget, VUK, habitrails, 4 flippers, spinning disk, moving basket, 5 bank drop target, etc.

This is a B pin for sure, but I will contest that a $400 DMD is $1000 worth of fun.

Bought it as a no lose parts machine, it's staying whole, and it's staying in the gameroom.

#2 7 years ago

Love my Shaq. 1st pin I ever got and don't think my dad will let it leave. Try to get all hidden features in the same game is always a challenge. Might not be very deep but always gets played by guests for its simplicity.

SHOOT THE BASKET !!!

#3 7 years ago

Hi, my name is Jim and I am a Shaqaholic. Been on the wagon for one day now.

10 months later
#4 6 years ago

Have just purchased another Shaq after selling my first, going to spend the next few months doing a complete restoration on it. I'll post a restoration thread on here sooner or later.

#5 6 years ago

Previous owner here. It's way more fun than most people give it credit for. After a few beers, this got as much play as any of my pins .

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from pinball_erie:

This is a B pin for sure.

If Shaq is a "B" pin what would you consider a "C", "D" or "F" pin

#7 6 years ago

I recently sold mine, it was fun and had a lot going on but if I heard "shoot the basket" "shoot the spinner" once more I would have had to light it on fire...

#8 6 years ago

i just picked one up haven't really played it yet

#9 6 years ago

It's always been a major hit with the nieces, nephews and wife! I think it's brilliance (maybe I use the word lightly) is that the game is as deep or shallow as you like. For a quick game you can just shoot basket, get multiball and nail as many super jackpots as possible or if you want more of a long play you can go for Slammin Jammin, get to the finals, get the hidden features, rack up basket points etc..

2 weeks later
#10 6 years ago

i picked one up a month ago and haven't really touched it till today its actually really fun!

#11 6 years ago

Not an owner, but I remember something saying that the "coach speech" was able to be turned off. If there actually is something in the options that determines this, I'm sure the game will receive more attention.

#12 6 years ago

I've never played one that was clean enough to work correctly. I think the layout is pretty good, but I couldn't hit a lot of the shots ever. Only put one ball in the basket, and it was a really lucky shot.

I wanted to choke the life out of the voice of the announcer. SHOOT THE BASKET!

#13 6 years ago

I picked one up recently and really like the game. Also my wife gave it a try and grew addicted to it after a few games. That is especially cool because she hasn't really liked any of my other games so far. Sure, they could have done a little better job with the call outs, but other then that, a heck of a pin for the money!

#14 6 years ago

My drop targets never come up any tips

2 weeks later
#15 6 years ago
Quoted from balfour:

My drop targets never come up any tips

Make sure they are clean. See if the coil is working when the machine powers up and resets them. IF NOT, see if the wires are connected to the coil. If the coil fires but the targets don't go up, look at the springs and slide each target up one at a time and see if any are binding.

It is usually a dirt / mechanical thing.

#16 6 years ago

This title has always been a bit comical to me (along with many others). If a couple of the "cool kids" says "it ain't fun," then all the followers jump on the bandwagon. I have owned this title 3 different times over the past 12 years and the game is just fine. Very hard to peddle though. John

#17 6 years ago

I would like to play one of these. Big Hurt is one of my favorite pins, so I can see this having some of the same appeal. On most Gottliebs if you hold both flippers for a few seconds after you hit the start button the callouts will be greatly reduced. At least this works in Stargate and Big Hurt.

1 week later
#18 6 years ago

Anybody know where to find some slingshot plastics for a shaq?

tn_image-19.jpg
tn_image-20.jpg

1 month later
#19 5 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

Anybody know where to find some slingshot plastics for a shaq?

No. But if someone had the artwork, I could make some. I wish I had the artwork. I need slingshot plastic too, along with the ones around the basketball area.

3 weeks later
#20 5 years ago

I just have to say that at my last pinball party, everyone loved the Shaq. And I have T2, BoP, PB, EATPM and ES. Shaq got more play than any of them.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 249.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Garden City, NY
$ 20.00
Various Novelties
GC Pinball
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball USA
$ 749.00
Cabinet - Toppers
COINTAKER.COM
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
ULEKstore
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 90.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
$ 117.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 9.99
Tools
PinShield
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 19.95

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside