(Topic ID: 249625)

Shangri La not awarding Replays (Solved)

By mrm_4

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by mrm_4
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

22C8BE86-82F6-4A05-8822-8B399E524868 (resized).jpeg
7B606E48-401B-49D6-80FE-781FB953E59B (resized).jpeg
0Shangri-La-Work-35 (resized).jpg
D7A70F4A-F76B-4FF7-9940-885D79FB5A80 (resized).jpeg
Sh-La-Bot-Pan-3 -Work1 (resized).JPG
0Shangri-La-Work-34 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).PNG
Capture (resized).PNG
B260B49B-532F-4C8E-9A84-0896A609F522 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).PNG
6571E38D-A2BA-4EE6-930D-32A2B75417A4 (resized).jpeg
BC39D56F-FD13-4781-A8C0-380D1D667ECA (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rolf_martin_062.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 4 years ago

Hi mrm_4
the basic stuff is in the schematics at "10-E/F" --- as get no replays at all: I suspect the Adj-Switch --- see here: https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2110&picno=64797 - on top of the plug (upmost in the picture) - from left to right or right to left runs current for stepping on the ball / players - and on the second wire on the plug from left to right or right to left runs current to make replays - to make the Replay-Unit-Step-Up-Coil to fire. Greetings Rolf

#8 4 years ago

Hi mrm_4
in post-6 You write "Still not getting high score credits" --- what about "Special-Credit" ?, what about "Number-Match-Credit" ? Greetings Rolf

#10 4 years ago

Hi mrm_4
when You plug-in (maybe You have a toggle-switch to toggle-on) - press the left flipper button and or start a game - Does Your Lock-Relay pull-in and stay pulling ? I assume "Yes" - write if "No".

See the first JPG - I would like to test "marked orange wiring". Have the Jones plug plugged-in, unplug the main power cord. See the second JPG, at "my B - also my C" we see the Kickoff-Switch. See "at my B": One of the solderlugs on the Kickoff-Switch has soldered-on two wires-yellow. Clip-on a Jumper-Wire at Lug-yellow on the Kickoff-Switch --- take the other end of the Jumper-Wire near the "my N, the Jones-Plug" - lay the free end of the Jumper-Wire on wood - not touching metal.
Plug-in, (toggle-on) start a game --- now hold the Jumper-Wire on its insulation, hold it near the free end - touch and pull-off the free end of the Jumper-Wire - onto the connecting short blank wire "Jones-Plug, I have marked red in the first JPG". Does the Replay-Counter step up ?

(((In a running pin at a time there is made connection "wire-yellow through some relays, wires - coming-in on 'my marked-blue wiring' to the Jones-Plug"))) - and YOU have made a direct connection with the Jumper-Wire. Greetings Rolf
0Shangri-La-Work-34 (resized).jpg0Shangri-La-Work-34 (resized).jpgSh-La-Bot-Pan-3 -Work1 (resized).JPGSh-La-Bot-Pan-3 -Work1 (resized).JPG

#13 4 years ago

Hi mrm_4
to post-12: Maybe You are at the cause of the fault (?) - see the JPG in post-10 --- with the test Jumper-Wire tip-on AND PULL-OFF*** You test for connection along "my marked orange wire, connection". When the Replay-Unit does not fire: Fault detected.

Lets do the Jumper-Wire-Test once more - this time using the transformer-lug-yellow. Unplug the main power cord --- see the JPG at "my H" - two wires "yellow" are soldered-on. Clip-on the Jumper-Wire at the transformer-lug-yellow - MAKE SURE the gator-clip is secure - cannot fall-off, cannot get in touch with another solderlug on the transformer (otherwise You would create a short, making a fuse to blow) - the other end of the Jumper-Wire lay on wood - not touching metal. Unplug the Jones-Plug (JPG at "my N").
Plug-in the main power cord, start a game --- tip-on AND PULL-OFF*** the Jumper-Wire at the left socket at "my N", the "L2-Position-Socket" - then tip-on AND PULL-OFF*** at the "R2-Position-Socket" --- the Replay-Counter should fire "tipping-on at L2-Position-Socket". Greetings Rolf

P.S. PULL-OFF***: As You do not want to have the coil fire permanent for a long time.

0Shangri-La-Work-35 (resized).jpg0Shangri-La-Work-35 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rolf_martin_062.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shangri-la-not-awarding-replays?tu=rolf_martin_062 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.