Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3430 (resized).jpg
0Shangri-La-pinside-pic-Work-A (resized).png
0Shangri-La-Work-22 (resized).jpg
Sh-La-Bot-Pan-3 -Work1 (resized).JPG
Pinball (resized).png
IMG_3402 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EMsInKC.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 5 years ago

The bell is adjustable. If you unscrew that screw on the top you can slide it closer to the striker arm and see if that helps your issue, if it is stepping properly as Lee described above.

I had a game where I attached washers to the end of the striker arm. I never did like that design. I always felt it was a poor one. And in any case, if you're comparing it to the sound produced by bells using a solenoid/plunger combo, it will never sound quite as good.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Portraitman2:

Wow thanks EMsInKC, it did not occur to me to slide the bell closer to the striker arm! That did it. I'm sure the coil sleeve and arm is dirty but that is a good quick fix solution for now.

Glad that helped. Sometimes on here we're all guilty of overthinking problems.

It doesn't look too dirty, but the game probably has those lousy metal coil sleeves in it. If you can get it out and replace it with a nylon sleeve it will be tons better for you. Doing that and shining up the arm plunger will also make the unit so much better.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EMsInKC.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shangri-la-getting-1-point-chime-to-ring-consistently?tu=EMsInKC and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.